Planet Zoo: Barnyard Animal Pack | Announce

I was wondering if a pack like this could be possible, I have my answer now.

Even though I think South America has the biggest holes in the roster, I like this DLC. It is something unexpected and I do not mind if Frontier is trying new things. I wish we would get a Mallard Duck, but overall the animals are very nice. And I am glad at least we are getting an Alpaca.
I am interested in the update, seems pretty nice from the brief description.

Well done Frontier. I see alot of criticism of this pack, but I am glad you still do your own thing from time to time and domestic animals sure have a place in a zoo game. South America next please. :)

This thing? Is it not the Virginia creeper from Aquatic? I am not sure now.
eyJidWNrZXQiOiJmcm9udGllci1jbXMiLCJrZXkiOiIyMDI0LTA0L3B6X2RsYzE3X3NjcmVlbnNob3RzX3BhaWRfZ3Vlc3RzX2Vuam95aW5nX2FuaW1hbHNfMTkyMHgxMDgwLmpwZyIsImVkaXRzIjp7InJlc2l6ZSI6eyJ3aWR0aCI6MTI4MH19fQ==
Hmm... the haystack in the back is probably the only thing I'm interested in, which will come in handy when I'm building the backstage area for the herbivores.

Can we please talk about how brilliant I think the new concept is? 7 animals and ~60 items. Can we please keep it that way?
Agreed. 7 animals plus some unique items that go well with the theme is perfect for me. I really do not need stone wall set number 7 with slightly different texture. I prefer it this way much more. My onwly wish is that we would get some new enrichment items, looks like they totally stopped doing those.

Things, events from the past are no guarantee for the future, or to put it simply; Things that happened with Planet Coaster, doesn't necessarily mean the same for Planet Zoo.

I think it's not the last pack because... No ThemeMaker ToolKit like the last update of planco
It's not a guarantee we get one. It causes some issues in PC, maybe they want to avoid it.
Things, events from the past are no guarantee for the future, or to put it simply; Things that happened with Planet Coaster, doesn't necessarily mean the same for Planet Zoo.
Exactly, especially if we ONLY look at Planco. 1 is not a pattern.

The change in announcement is almost certainly the shift in Frontier’s community management. The teams behind the special livestreams have been consolidated into these monthly streams for all Frontier games. So they have to drop the DLC before to generate hype and get people to tune in.

Part of why I think support may continue. Seems a much cheaper and easier way to just drop a trailer and then show the gameplay in a livestream two days later between other games. Could continue making cash by doing that for a while.
Okay, that makes so much more sense! I was like why has everything changed!?

Then, the icing on the cake, as predicted by anyone with any common sense, our last DLC contains more content than we're traditionally used to. Lo and behold, 7 animals and a scenery set. It couldn't be more clear that this is the last DLC.
Actually, the Eurasia pack together with update 1.16 gave us 8 animals and about 85 building pieces. This time the update brings fewer pieces and most of the new pieces are in the DLC. If the new 60 items include 7 signs, 7 statues, 4 reward statues, bench, table, bin, umbrella, small fence, large fence, fence post and 3 or 4 foliage in 3 different sizes, we are not getting a big amount of scenery items.

Actually, the Eurasia pack together with update 1.16 gave us 8 animals and about 85 building pieces. This time the update brings fewer pieces and most of the new pieces are in the DLC. If the new 60 items include 7 signs, 7 statues, 4 reward statues, bench, table, bin, umbrella, small fence, large fence, fence post and 3 or 4 foliage in 3 different sizes, we are not getting a big amount of scenery items.
Exactly. It makes sense for one animal to have a value of roughly 50 pieces. If you remove 3 animals from an animal pack, you can compensate with 50 pieces for each. Then you got 5 animals and 150 pieces, which is a rather average standard pack and that is even in the low end of pieces.

Can someone help me with a riddle here?
Is the farmyard pack, even if released later, included in the season pass for console? How does "14 DLCs with Season pass" make sense in any way?
I just had a talk with someone else and they said, that if Frontier always releases the console DLCs in bundles we have an uneven number now, so one more would be needed to keep that pattern.
But I don't even understand anymore what is included in the season pass and what counts as DLC for the Console people. The deluxe animals can't be bought seperately as of yet, right? Was just a pre-order bonus?

Can someone help me with a riddle here?
Is the farmyard pack, even if released later, included in the season pass for console? How does "14 DLCs with Season pass" make sense in any way?
I just had a talk with someone else and they said, that if Frontier always releases the console DLCs in bundles we have an uneven number now, so one more would be needed to keep that pattern.
But I don't even understand anymore what is included in the season pass and what counts as DLC for the Console people. The deluxe animals can't be bought seperately as of yet, right? Was just a pre-order bonus?
I think wetlands and SEA are not part of the pass. Meaning 14 without barnyard

Eurasia gave us 85 building pieces? Most of them from the gift shop, I guess? But those are from the free update so they don't really compare to the 60 from this DLC, those 60 don't include this free update. Although I agree that the overall amount of new pieces between update and DLC will be similar, but there is an important difference when some pieces are free and others are paywalled.

And now that you bring the signs and the statues. I may be alone in this, but I would really love if for this time they don't continue with the realistic painting style they have been consistently using for the signs in all the recent packs. I think the pack style is asking for some childish signs with colours and maybe like if a child had drawn them. And the statues could be inspired by funny scarecrows full of hay or something like that. 😊🐷

What 85 pieces?

Top Bottom