Planet Zoo: Barnyard Animal Pack | Announce

You can have up to 50 sheeps (Up to 5 males or 49 females).
😃 Sounds great.
🙃 A Herding Dog would be cool to have additionally. But I understand why they weren't added. The other Farm Animals are just way more iconic and fit better in a normal Petting Zoo, while it seems like not a lot of Parks actually have Herding Dogs.
😆 When I do a Sheep Herding Show with a Wolf and the "Herding Dog" gets a Snack in the Middle of it

Are the Speckled Sussex Chicks white too? I haven't seen any brown ones and Speckled Sussex chicks are brown, the newly hatched looks like chipmunks.
1714433462346.png

EDIT: Can confirm that the chicks are brown for anyone wondering <3

1714788610067.png

Last edited:
The Highland cattle have a very variety of sizes. I suspect they choose the smaller breeds to use them as Petting Zoo animals. And the size of the animals within the game fit with smaller breeds in my opinion.
Miniature highland cattle exist but they don't look like the ones ingame at all.

I should know now, after so much time receiving Planet Zoo DLC, what time it will be available, but I don't remember. Does anyone remember what time it is?

Today is the day. Always love the excitement of DLC launch day. Can’t believe we’ve had the amount of DLC for Planet Zoo we’ve had so far. Every time they’ve had me guessing what it will be. Looking forward to this one and am so curious what they’ll do with the next one too! Happy DLC day everyone!

Not going to lie. Kind of disappointed in this. Farmyard creatures are not really zoo animals in the first place and also I thought that Planet Zoo was supposed to be progressive in it's view of animal welfare with the increased habitat sizes for certain creatures, the game warning you every 20 seconds cause of a SLIGHT stress drop, protestors, etc. I was already kind of hesitant with the walkthrough habitat option, but now you can pet these animals? We shouldn't really be advocating for this. I get that it's a game but still. Would have preferred more wild animals. Also the fact that you cannot sell domesticated animals for points anymore is just frustrating, does this mean we can't trade them with other players anymore? Also Bactrian Camels are CRITICALLY ENDANGERED in the wild. Dromedary Camels & Llamas however are considered domesticated and no longer wild. I have no clue who is fact checking their decisions but this was kind of a silly move in my personal opinion in general. From the pack, to petting animals, to bad decisions with points.

Not going to lie. Kind of disappointed in this. Farmyard creatures are not really zoo animals in the first place and also I thought that Planet Zoo was supposed to be progressive in it's view of animal welfare with the increased habitat sizes for certain creatures, the game warning you every 20 seconds cause of a SLIGHT stress drop, protestors, etc. I was already kind of hesitant with the walkthrough habitat option, but now you can pet these animals? We shouldn't really be advocating for this. I get that it's a game but still. Would have preferred more wild animals. Also the fact that you cannot sell domesticated animals for points anymore is just frustrating, does this mean we can't trade them with other players anymore? Also Bactrian Camels are CRITICALLY ENDANGERED in the wild. Dromedary Camels & Llamas however are considered domesticated and no longer wild. I have no clue who is fact checking their decisions but this was kind of a silly move in my personal opinion in general. From the pack, to petting animals, to bad decisions with points.
Wild Bactrian Camels are CE, Domestic ones are well, Domestic

Last edited:
Top Bottom