Planet Zoo: Barnyard Animal Pack | Announce

the fact that you cannot sell domesticated animals for points anymore is just frustrating, does this mean we can't trade them with other players anymore?
They never said you can't trade them. They said you can't release them into the wild
Also Bactrian Camels are CRITICALLY ENDANGERED in the wild. Dromedary Camels & Llamas however are considered domesticated and no longer wild
There are 2 types of Bactrians: wild and domestic. Domestic are the ones you usually see, wild ones are a separate species. The camels are found in the wild, but feral

They never said you can't trade them. They said you can't release them into the wild

There are 2 types of Bactrians: wild and domestic. Domestic are the ones you usually see, wild ones are a separate species. The camels are found in the wild, but feral
I assume since you can't trade anything for cash in the game on the Franchise Market, that you can't.

Not going to lie. Kind of disappointed in this. Farmyard creatures are not really zoo animals in the first place and also I thought that Planet Zoo was supposed to be progressive in it's view of animal welfare with the increased habitat sizes for certain creatures, the game warning you every 20 seconds cause of a SLIGHT stress drop, protestors, etc. I was already kind of hesitant with the walkthrough habitat option, but now you can pet these animals? We shouldn't really be advocating for this. I get that it's a game but still. Would have preferred more wild animals. Also the fact that you cannot sell domesticated animals for points anymore is just frustrating, does this mean we can't trade them with other players anymore? Also Bactrian Camels are CRITICALLY ENDANGERED in the wild. Dromedary Camels & Llamas however are considered domesticated and no longer wild. I have no clue who is fact checking their decisions but this was kind of a silly move in my personal opinion in general. From the pack, to petting animals, to bad decisions with points.
I would have prefered Something different, too. But Petting Zoos were high on the wishlist of some people Here and I can Imagine especially of the General Players. And Petting Zoos with domestic animals are often Part of a Zoo. At least within Europe or better Germany IT IS Just normal. And you still can trade the domestic animals with other Players. But this only by cash from now on. Llama and Dromedary are domesticated animals. There are no wild dromedaries anymore. And the Llama is the domesticated form of the Vicunja. And the in Game Bactrian Camel is also the domesticated form. The "Wild Bactrian Camel" is Not even the ancestor of the normal Zoo Bactrian Camels. In my opinion the Pack was Not perfect for wild animals enthusiasts Like me or you but a good move to hold the General Players.

I was already kind of hesitant with the walkthrough habitat option, but now you can pet these animals?
If you notice, most of the petting zoo animals are domesticate in some form or other. Only a select few, like the quokka and wallabies, aren't domestic.

I'd argue and say that petting animals is actually important for educational purposes. It's not only good for mental health (petting dog, etc.) but it also can teach kids (and adults) on how to treat animals: with love, tenderness, and care. If the petting zoo is properly managed and the point gets across, then it's just as important as animal conservation in my opinion, because you can't want to save animals without loving animals

And where are the Vicuña and Guanaco in game?
1714502548440.gif

While looking through the Zoopedia I found a Problem. Most of the Animals are called Species or Subspecies despite the Fact that they are just Breeds.
Also it's still tame instead of domesticated in the german Version of the Game.
Also the Alpine Goat is just called Hausziege in the german Version but it should be Alpenziege

Top Bottom