Planet Zoo - Beta Dates Announcement 🐯

Which of the animals shown in the trailer are you most looking forward to?

That would be the orangutan. Curious to see how you inplemented their sort of lifestyle into the game. Apart from that, I'm hoping to see the female variant soon, so I do not have to worry that there isn't one.

Don't get me wrong i'm extremely excited - however a 'summer' beta WAS promised and this is not one. This also means that no-one can play it that are on summer holidays or on uni breaks as we will be back by then. And why is there a limited date for it - we payed more for a beta and now its even more limited. I just din't understand why???????

Rant aside I love all the new animals being confirmed.in the new pre-order trailer. And the details that have been released along with this - franchise mode sounds soo much better than I think anyone could of thought of previously. I can't wait. The baby animals look great too!!!!!

What a lovely video! I am so excited for these games! Love all the new animals (Ostrich, warthog, poison dart frog) and the new staff (Vet). Can’t wait to play with them in the beta and of course after release! I would really love to see meerkats now to create a Pumbaa and Timon exhibit haha 🥰🤩

Also, did I spy with my eye that animals have growth stages? There were like baby Ostrich chicks but also smaller juvenile Ostrich, or was I confused with the female specimen? Oh! And I really love the mudrolling hippo! So frikkin’ cute!

The Beta runs from the 24 September to 8 October. Anyone who pre-orders the Deluxe Edition before the end of the Beta on 8 October will be able to take part. The Beta only runs for that time period but if you can't make it you won't have long to wait until 5 November!

Thanks for the honest reply. That has to sink in. May be leaving the hype train for a while. Maybe I'll catch it again later.

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
Thanks for the honest reply. That has to sink in. May be leaving the hype train for a while. Maybe I'll catch it again later.

It's good to remember that game development needs to be adaptable, and anything can happen. We want people to have an amazing Planet Zoo Beta, so these dates ensure that we can give you the best and most stable experience possible.

Just for the record: I'm not asking for a rushed product. I'm an animal lover with love for realism and detail so a rushed product won't help me. With the time limitation of the beta I just get the feeling I bought a demo.

I really hope that the month between beta and the official release will be used to work on feedback the beta players give. Than again, a month in game developement is probably nothing, so I won't get my hopes high this time.

Thanks for the dates of release.

I'm still in doubt for buying the game for the beta access.

That would be mostly based upon the short beta time that is available.
But maybe if I am financially lucky next month I'd might be persuaded.

edit: Viewing the trailer a 2nd time makes me more enthousiastic about the game though :love:

Thanks for the dates of release.

I'm still in doubt for buying the game for the beta access.

That would be mostly based upon the short beta time that is available.
But maybe if I am financially lucky next month I'd might be persuaded.
I understand this. I have pre-ordered but on the basis of a summer release as I know I have time to around now and for the next two weeks to play. I will just have to try and make time to play - am still super hyped though!!!

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
I wonder if the game will be 90% african themed since we are only seeing african themed zoos. We have seen like 4-5 animals from outside africa xD

Thank you for the lovely trailer with some new tidbits here and there, it looks great!

I'm a bit on the fence about purchasing the beta as well. It only covers a short period of time and the other stuff isn't that interesting for me, so it mostly depends on whether I can sit the wait out until November or not.

Seeing how things are communicated and now with the limited beta period (and limited functionalities), I think it's safe to assume the game is still in heavy development and a lot of stuff needs to be done before the full release.

To everyone at Frontier, thanks for the hard work on this game, just hang in there for another two and a half months! It's gonna be worth it ;)

Okay first of all I love the new trailer and all he new animals. I love seeing the improvements on some of the “older” animals. I’m also very interesting in the veterinary aspect (which I might post a thread about it later or post in an already posted thread). The game looks so beautiful and amazing, it’s just incredible and it deserved to win that award.

However, I can’t lie and say my enthousiasm from watching the trailer has been let down after reading this post. I was hoping the beta would have been released somewhere in the next couple of weeks, which is my own assumption so it’s my own fault for getting disappointed about, but I absolutely didn’t expect to be getting the beta that late. 24th of September is without a doubt not summer anymore no matter the way you look at it. And to make things even worse, we only get 2 weeks to play it. (Especially for people that are busy with work, school, hobbies,... most days). And unfortunately it doesn’t sound that the beta will be opened again between 8th of October and the release date. All in all the beta release is disappointing news to me.

Last edited:
I am just a little disappointed that they bigged it up so much and kept the suspension up for an 'autumn' release that's only for a limited time and is so close to release date. I'm starting to feel like I payed extra money just for a demo!

Top Bottom