Planet Zoo - Custom Billboards

Amazing news! Even though this does give me a lot of work to replace all the custom signage, I'm sure my computer will be happier for the reduced parts!
  • Screen Panel - 1:1, Square, 512 x 512px
  • Conservation Education Board - 9:16, Tall, 256 x 456px
  • Projection Screens (8m, 16m, 32m) - 16:9, Wide-Large, 1824 x 1024px
  • TV Screen (4m), Projection Screen (4) - 16:9, Wide-Medium, 912 x 512px
  • TV Screens (1m, 2m), Habitat & Exhibit Screens - 16:9, Wide-Small, 456 x 256px
Appreciate the preview of the sizes to get a bit of a head start. What are the in-game dimensions of the Screen Panel though?
Does this mean that the only 1 and 2 meter screens are the existing educational signs - i.e we can't have screens of that size without replacing the image for an animal? Or will there also be a non-educating version of a screen of that size?
Is it on your radar at all to allow a choice of images for educational signs, to allow even more variation to signage while still fulfilling education requirements (for example, allowing us to have multiple signs around a habitat depicting different aspects of a species, all of which are equally educational to a guest)? Or does that start to get too complicated?

Last edited:
Does this mean that the only 1 and 2 meter screens are the existing educational signs - i.e we can't have screens of that size without replacing the image for an animal? Or will there also be a non-educating version of a screen of that size?
It would be great if we would also have Versions that don't need to be linked to Animals. The Exhibit Signs would be perfect for Plant Education Signs

Delightful news Chante!
I have never thought of Custom Blillboards as something interesting but reading all of the above I’m beginning to change my mind. I already see my favorite photos on them and it’s great that guests are able to react to them.
Also information about update is also a kind of announcement of the new DLC so the next weeks are going to be very exciting 🤩

Custom billboards sound really awesome and like a perfect way to personalize our zoos!

But this woman here is really really not good in graphics design, so please dear fellow Planet Coaster players: Was there a website to get good images for your parks in the past or can they be included in the workshop or things like that? Biting my nails here... I am creative, but definately not in that part, I'm afraid :D

EDIT: Just saw a post of Chanté that answered my workshop question.
For Planet coaster someone build a site to easily make signs and billboards for rides/shops.

I hope too that there is someone out there with skills to make something similar.

I'm super exited about this, I cant wait for this feature to make into the game. For over a year I have been working on creating a vast collection of every kind of custom media you can imagine for Planet Zoo. So incredibly grateful for this. Zoos will never be the same again;) Finally realistic zoos are possible. Thank you Planet Zoo, this has made my day. You might not say much, but you sure do listen. A million thanks.

For Planet coaster someone build a site to easily make signs and billboards for rides/shops.

I hope too that there is someone out there with skills to make something similar.
I'm would be more than glad to create one, would you like to help me? I have well over a thousand signs, info boards and everything else you can imagine zoo related ready to go.

I'm would be more than glad to create one, would you like to help me? I have well over a thousand signs, info boards and everything else you can imagine zoo related ready to go.
I really appreciate the offer, but building and maintaining such a website does not fit in my current schedule, which is quite overloaded due to work.

And I'm really not a good programmer. (y)

Ok, will y'all (Frontier) provide a couple of template photos and videos for us to use when we first get the billboards? Like maybe unique artwork for some of your in-game products (Gulpee, Chief Beef, etc.)

Wow, ok... I better start ramping up on finishing my current zoo so I can start a new zoo on the DLC!

This is an exciting feature for the game, but personally not for me. I think this is going to bring a lot of players back and specifically creative builders who want to make complex realistic zoos. For me, I'll probably never use them.

One quick question though, will there be variable education sign options in the built in game (like how PlanCo did with the facility signs) that you can apply to the already in game education signs?

I cant wait for the DLC! Hopefully March 23rd🤞

A bit confused. In the first picture that board seemed to be just a regular old education board on pandas. Is there something I’m missing in that photo that highlights new?
Obviously in the second photo that gulpee billboard is new. Can anyone share these custom billboards from planet coaster so I get a better idea what they look like?

Last edited:
This is just a small example of the over 1000 custom images I have created for well over a year in anticipation of this feature. This particular set consist of four images, they are depicting the story of Madagascar's incredibly rich and unique biodiversity. The original idea for this set was to display all four images next to each other in a viewing area for visitors. The most important thing when creating custom images for Planet Zoo is in my opinion to make them in a playful artistic style that blends well with what is already available in the game.

Madagascar01.png

Madagascar02.png

Madagascar03.png

Madagascar04.png

This is just a small example of the over 1000 custom images I have created for well over a year in anticipation of this feature. This particular set consist of four images, they are depicting the story of Madagascar's incredibly rich and unique biodiversity. The original idea for this set was to display all four images next to each other in a viewing area for visitors. The most important thing when creating custom images for Planet Zoo is in my opinion to make them in a playful artistic style that blends well with what is already available in the game.

View attachment 212197

View attachment 212198

View attachment 212199

View attachment 212197View attachment 212198View attachment 212199View attachment 212200
Those are amazing. You inspired me to make my own

Amazing, these would fit into PZ quite well!

View attachment 212201

View attachment 212202

View attachment 212203

View attachment 212204
Bloody incredible! Love them! Can't wait to see more from your collection. I'm sure someone in the extensive Planet Zoo community is able to help creating a beautiful library.

Top Bottom