🍁 Planet Zoo: North America Animal Pack, coming 4 October 🍁

I suspect we will probably get a dev diary and a giveaway of the pack on the last two days.

Yea, really hope it will be usable as Florida Panther.
I mean the Florida panther lives in temperate forests so I imagine we will. I was more hoping for the tropical South American pumas and the desert cougars of the Sonoran

Well, I haven't played more than five hours since the Africa DLC due to summer, good weather and not being in the mood, but I'm getting excited again! I'm very glad this is an animal pack again, and so good to get more small species. I'm most excited for the Sea Lion, the Beaver and the Prairie Dog. Moose and Cougar are also very welcome, as well as the Arctic Fox. The Alligator is not so important for me, but a nice addition. What I'm even more excited about is once again the content of the free update, so I believe this is going to get me into playing again, now that summertime is over. Although I really wonder how long my computer is going to accept this withouth demanding a hardware update :D
Unfortunately, I won't be able to play until two weeks after the release, as I won't be at home. So I will watch everyone else first! But I do have an idea in mind which I'm already preparing... I'm happy to see so many people hyped for the new pack!

Here is today’s California Sea Lion picture. I love them already. Cannot believe we are finally getting them. ❤️
Source: https://twitter.com/planetzoogame/status/1441779606059581440?s=21
Frontier, can you tell us what the situation is with the sizes here?
Each DLC pack lately there's been something that's a bit off. The binturong (fixed), tapir (unfixed) and this size difference for sea lions is the ish this time it seems. Unless of course this is a case of a 100% size genetics female next to a 0% s g male, as people said could be the case?

I’m kind of in the same boat as you. I’m building a North American Zoo with different sections. One of them is a section called “The Great Southwest”. I was hoping maybe we would get a Collared Peccary or Coyote or something along those lines, but oh well. I guess I’ll have to stick to my original idea of making a glass-roofed building, bio dome like building, with my 3 little exhibit animals, the Gila Monster, Rattlesnake, and Scorpion!
North American Planet Zoo Animals that live in Deserts: Pronghorn, Jaguar, Puma, Black tailed Prairie Dog
Did I forget any? (except Exhibit Animals)

I think a North American Desert Pack could work very well. It could include :
Roadrunner
Collared Peccary
Burrowing Owl
Coyote
Desert Bighorn Sheep
Desert Tortoise
Some kind of Armadillo if there is a North American one that lives in Deserts

Horned Lizard (Exhibit Animal) (or Desert Rain Frog)

Honorable Mentions :
Harris's Hawk
Black-tailed jackrabbit

Edit: Frontier, I allow you to steal this Idea🙃

Last edited:
Frontier, can you tell us what the situation is with the sizes here?
Each DLC pack lately there's been something that's a bit off. The binturong (fixed), tapir (unfixed) and this size difference for sea lions is the ish this time it seems. Unless of course this is a case of a 100% size genetics female next to a 0% s g male, as people said could be the case?
I think we will have to wait and see. Might be just the size genes if they wanted to go for the “look, they are perfect for each other” symetrical promo pic and choose them so they are the same size…but I guess they wont tell us.

North American Planet Zoo Animals that live in Deserts: Pronghorn, Jaguar, Puma, Black tailed Prairie Dog
Did I forget any? (except Exhibit Animals)
Yeah, Pronghorns and Prarie Dogs are going in my "Big Sky Country" (Great Plains) section, and the Cougar is going in my Rocky Mountain Trek section.

As for Jaguars, I'm only including animals from the U.S. and Canada. I know that Mexico is part of North America, but American and Canadian animals often overlap and go together well in the taiga biome I'm building in. Eventually, and especially when we get some birds, I may make a rainforest building. But for now, no Jaguars.

Why no kingsnakes, Planet Zoo? :(

Attachments

• kingsnake.jpg
    kingsnake.jpg
    357.4 KB · Views: 51
I think it can go neatly with Terrapin for mini swamp houses
That's exactly what my mind is brewing up. I'm gonna include the bullfrog and terrapin in a Wetlands Trail section, along with the alligator and beaver. Can't wait to see what they look like! Frontier keeps getting better and better at their exhibit animals, so I'm really excited to see what they look like!

Top Bottom