🍁 Planet Zoo: North America Animal Pack, coming 4 October 🍁

North American Planet Zoo Animals that live in Deserts: Pronghorn, Jaguar, Puma, Black tailed Prairie Dog
Did I forget any? (except Exhibit Animals)

American Bison. They ranged into Mexico until the 1920's. Some still live in Arizona, they just opened a lotto to win spots to shoot bison on the north side of the Grand Canyon. The population there has reached a significant density the creates substantial concern for local tribal groups, and the National Parks Service about the preservation of certain archaeological sites.

Jaguars do at least live in Arizona. Don't know if they also live in other US States. But as far as I know nowadays they are very rare in North America
They have found fossils that are less then 5,000 years old throughout the country, from Washington State (North of Oregon) to Pennsylvania. Along with alleged sightings by map makers ( in the 16th century, and Thomas Jefferson in the late 18th century. They did range at least as far north as Central California and Colorado in the 1800's.

Alright, the cougar looks stunning:
FAOEd0yWEAIS55J

Love the eyes.
😱It's so beautiful.
At first I thought "meh ... another cat ._.".
But it was clear to me, that NA would not be so well received without the Cougar. Now I'm absolutely in love, those eyes!
He/she looks directly into my soul. Amazing work!

American Bison. They ranged into Mexico until the 1920's. Some still live in Arizona, they just opened a lotto to win spots to shoot bison on the north side of the Grand Canyon. The population there has reached a significant density the creates substantial concern for local tribal groups, and the National Parks Service about the preservation of certain archaeological sites.

They have found fossils that are less then 5,000 years old throughout the country, from Washington State (North of Oregon) to Pennsylvania. Along with alleged sightings by map makers ( in the 16th century, and Thomas Jefferson in the late 18th century. They did range at least as far north as Central California and Colorado in the 1800's.
Thanks for the Clarification about the Bison. I do keep them in my Desert Zoo but wasn't sure anymore if they can really also live in Deserts

I actually can't think of any more habitat reptiles that I'm desperate for. Sea turtles and maybe a perentie or something but that's pretty much it. The rest of reptile diversity that we need would be exhibit animals (more turtles, small tortoises, chameleons, geckos, more snakes). Although! I will continue to keep advocating for iguanas to be habitat animals, even though I don't think they will do it.

I actually can't think of any more habitat reptiles that I'm desperate for. Sea turtles and maybe a perentie or something but that's pretty much it. The rest of reptile diversity that we need would be exhibit animals (more turtles, small tortoises, chameleons, geckos, more snakes). Although! I will continue to keep advocating for iguanas to be habitat animals, even though I don't think they will do it.
For habitat reptiles I think it would make sense to add an African species of crocodile, a spurred tortoise (very common zoo animal) and a rhinoceros iguana for something a bit different.

Last edited:
Top Bottom