šŸ¾Planet Zoo: Tropical Pack arriving 4 AprilšŸ¾

Kind of a disappointment. There were so many potential rainforest animals that the theme at least had to justify an animal pack, and instead it's a scenery pack including the wrong sloth species (one basically absent from captivity, as opposed to the Linne's or Hoffmann's two-toed sloth), a reptile that's alright but something that no one really asked for, a second gibbon instead of a monkey (again--we have one New World monkey), and zero birds despite having an open goal to debut them. You have to imagine that someone at Frontier has a feather allergy at this point.

The red river hog looks gorgeous and the fossa is a great pick, but should have been for an island scenery pack (making this an animal pack).

Can we change this monitor for a south america animal? Jesus, SA have the biggest tropical forest of the world and this DLC gave just 1 animal from there

But I like the gibbon, fossa, red river hog and of course the sloth, 8/10, -2 for the lizard

Really happy to see the sloth. Like, really happy. Always thought the walkthrough would be perfect for them.
Asian Water Monitor is a welcome suprise too. Anyone know if they're known divers? Reptile Houses have needed a new option!

Mostly happy that this DLC and the update doesnt change any plans for my current franchise so I don't have to wait to continue!

Habitat animal choices are all great - I would have liked a monkey, but I don't think there's anything I would get rid of in favour of it. Asian water monitor is probably the unexpected hero of the pack, personally speaking.

Really disappointed with the sloth though - only one place outside its native range keeps them, and they have to pretty much constantly import them because they don't breed. Personally, when it came to sloths I was of the opinion that we should get either the two-toed sloth or nothing. Genuinely think I would have rather had another random frog than the three-toed sloth.

I hate to say it but I feel a little disappointed.

Fossa, red river hog and the Asian water monitor are good choices in my book but I would've preferred a more unique monkey than another gibbon, even if I love the lar gibbon too.

Also, brown-throated sloth? That's the biggest bummer I've had in a DLC so far. Should've been a two-toed sloth. Looks like I'll be using mods sooner than I thought.

Rest of the screeens!

ss_d0dc8afcc09abee5f2dde85c50fd4716bd40f8da.1920x1080.jpg

ss_766bb6f5e0ee9d51f23e612033b35ddf4035ea66.1920x1080.jpg

ss_90f391f5055184c003a07b8882f19ab3ffbda92e.1920x1080.jpg

ss_2d3467f32a5b7b8dea0f759b7ef5a0972259f438.1920x1080.jpg
Do I see a new shop type in that third pic???

Also is that a playground. Is the non climbing toggle for our guests as well?! šŸ§

Last edited:
I'm gonna pass on this pack. But congrats to everyone who is super happy with this :)

For me, the only animal I'd be interested in having is the Fossa, so Madagascar is complete. The red river hog looks really nice though! The monitor and the lar gibbon are animals I am wholly uninterested in, because we already have the siamang and the Nile monitor. Also don't care for the sloth, though I am happy it is an exhibit animal--I thought it'd be perfect for it!

Perhaps I'll get this pack way down the line when it is discounted :p For everyone who is super happy with this: enjoy!

Good approach for sloths, even if the entire exhibit system needs some tweaks; the butterfly approach was good all in all tho and the ability to have multiple species in walkthroughs would be great.
Lar gibbon is great, can't wait to house them with siamangs. Red river hog is a fan favourite that, while not my prefered swine, will make many happy. My monitor wants were covered between vanilla and deluxe, but they are very diverse and an additional one doesn't hurt. And, of course, gotta love fossas; euplerids need love.

Iā€™d be interested to know the rationale behind making this a scenery pack over an animal pack, but that would probably spoil what is planned for the rest of the year.

Iā€™m not thrilled South America is getting passed over yet again, but Iā€™ll opt to trust that the team has something cooking for us.

Also, the hog, the specific sloth species and gibbon species are straight from the top of the wishlist, so I donā€™t think thereā€™s much room to complain on this one. Asian water monitor is a good ā€œcloneā€ pick for diversityā€™s sake.

Building pieces actually looks really nice and will augment base game + SEA pack nicely. Hyped for the update. Looks like brachiation might have a rework too.

Top Bottom