Planet Zoo - Update 1.0.4

Hi can we have better solutions for lag? I've done lowest graphics and the in-game click speed (idk what it's called) but still alot of lag and crashes

I get insane lag when moving/panning the camera on crowded areas.

If I keep the camera still or zoom out, the lag goes away.

Camera bug maybe?

I'm stuck in the Loading Screen and need to exit the Game with Task Manager. I've already deleted all Saves of this Zoo, except the last one and it is still happening.
I've built something really beautiful and I think now it is gone because the last Save game was 2 Hours before the others

I'm stuck in the Loading Screen and need to exit the Game with Task Manager. I've already deleted all Saves of this Zoo, except the last one and it is still happening.
I've built something really beautiful and I think now it is gone because the last Save game was 2 Hours before the others
Sadly, but join the club..

I have the exact same problem and deleted all but 1 save.
I saw the same problem with multiple users on the steam forum. It's not something new..

A bit curious, was this your day1 zoo ?

Hayo all! Thanks for your feedback so far! We're actually not removing refunds from Planet Zoo entirely, the team is working on balancing it now and are working on a feature where you will be given a breakdown on why refunds are taking place. We don't want our community to be confused when playing, so this breakdown will tell you why the refunds are happening, making it easier for you to improve your zoos! We are looking to implement this in a future update, the team are working on it now!
I do hope that the further developing of this balancing includes additional overviews (e.g. 'heatmaps') for 1. where are places, that are heavily littered and 2. where vandalized items are.
While it's an ok mechanism to dive into each visitors thoughts, the place of litter on paths is not shown in these. In a large zoo it's quite time consuming to look for every littered place. Re vandalized items: also time consuming searching for the one good hidden speaker 4ms away from any guest path, but it being vandalized.

A little clarity on refund will be really appreciated. Most of the time my zoo, total refund was just a little lower than the total ticket sale but once it exceeded the total income from ticket sales, and I was confused how did that happen.

Although I too have theories like if I increase the ticket price substantially, do the people who are already inside get refund at the new price? Resulting in me paying more in the refund than what I earned from the ticket sale. If that is the case, I think it should be addressed.

maybe, without the other multible issues. my boyfriend still cant load his zoos he made in the first week after release. fixing shallow stuff like this is very disapointing.
I am sorry for the loss, I also lost my whole franchise that I created in the first week, but my issue was different, anyways please report your issue on issue tracker, also email the save file. They cannot help if they cannot see what the issue is, as your issue seems to be one of the rare issues and I think recreating it might not be possible after so man updates already being rolled out.

Sadly, but join the club..

I have the exact same problem and deleted all but 1 save.
I saw the same problem with multiple users on the steam forum. It's not something new..

A bit curious, was this your day1 zoo ?
Yes, it was my first Zoo after the Beta

Although I too have theories like if I increase the ticket price substantially, do the people who are already inside get refund at the new price?
I changed the Price to 0$ because of the Refunds. The old Guests get Refunds on the old Price

Hey Bryan! This sounds like it's actually feedback from you, but not necessarily a bug. We don't want people to forget they have a filter on and think they don't have animals, something we have experienced in the past regarding feedback. However, as you have feedback, please post it in the suggestion area of our forums. Other players will be able to share their opinion and what they think would work best, and then the team can look into implementing the feature. You can do this here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forums/suggestions.401/ (Please forgive me if you have done this already, and if so please link me to it!)

Thanks for your reply! :)

I have 2 suggestions for the animals management list:

Can you please update the number of animals after the filteration is done, it would be very beneficial especially if you have large habitats with a lot of animals ? The number at the footer always displays the total number of animals you have in your zoo!

Also can we add the alpha status to the list?!

I am sorry for the loss, I also lost my whole franchise that I created in the first week, but my issue was different, anyways please report your issue on issue tracker, also email the save file. They cannot help if they cannot see what the issue is, as your issue seems to be one of the rare issues and I think recreating it might not be possible after so man updates already being rolled out.

this is not "rare" and not "one of", its core.

Last edited:
I played sandbox last night and actually found things a bit more stable. I crashed once but the building was solid. I got brave and tried a small tortoise habitat in my closed zoo and other than my 2 females both getting pregnant in 5 minutes, it went well. Disabling animal welfare seems to be working now. I like that this update didn't address too much at once. I think it's important to build on a solid base and we definitely don't have that yet for everyone but I feel we're heading in the right direction now at least.

For some reason now all Save games of my Main-Zoo are gone. Could it be because the last one was a Autosave?
At least my Animals are now in the Trade Center. At least I still have them. But it's really sad because there was some really nice Architecture in the Zoo

Edit: is it only possible to have one Autosave? I've played Career-Mode and just saw that I now have a Autosave of the Zoo from Career-Mode

where is an e-mail adress to send your broken savegames to? did i miss something?

Top Bottom