Planet Zoo - Update 1.1.2

Thank you for the update!

Will there be an option added so that you can filter animals on Biome and or Continent?

I feel like more people should give up on Franchise and go on to Sandbox. I never bothered touching Franchise (for my own reasons, nothing to do with any potential bugs or anything) and I've never experienced a game-breaking bug. Everything seems to be running smoothly on Sandbox except for the odd speedbump (I mean, the most irksome bug I've come across so far is the waterfall enrichment being too cold for any of the animals that use it - and yes I've used the issue tracker for it).

I have a gaming pc that is technically out of specs. On custom HIGH settings I don't crash. I've had one crash since owning the game which I got as a late birthday present and anticipated on launch day. I don't use shadows or settings that draw hard on the CPU. I have been told my pc will not run this game, yet I have 131 hours. I can have it running for 6-8 hours And while it isn't magnificent on my screen, it's still creating beautiful screenshots.
4ef5c17eeed96bf06a767ea35240387f.pngAlpha Male.jpg
(Don't pay attention to speccy heat temp. Speccy doesn't get along with Windows 8.1)

My boyfriend can play on Ultra, but noticed CPU temps were extremely high when he did. He plays games like MWO and his modded Skyrim and Fallout doesn't even heat up the CPU like Planet Zoo does. So his answer was to get a sealed fluid cooling unit for his CPU and new fans for the case. Now his temps stay around 30c while playing, on Ultra. He still uses custom settings, lowered the shadows, the grass a notch, and it's fine. He played 5 hours his first day with no problems.

So I think these crashes are problems with people with maxed out settings and not paying attention to their computer heat.

So I think these crashes are problems with people with maxed out settings and not paying attention to their computer heat.

Indeed. I have to play intermittently on my laptop which is above specs due to the heat. I'll play for a couple of hours, close it down, do something else, come back when my laptop has chilled out. I've avoided serious crashes so far, except for once or twice (and more recently because of the discussed issue about building while paused, but again, I don't attribute that to the devs, as the game works the way it works)

I honestly don't think people take into account that live updating an AI pathing system in a game is extremely impressive. Not many games do that on this scale. It's gotten better over the years but it's still impressive. That's a lot of calculations to do, and then add in physics, time of day changes, everything else. Something is bound to go bonkers at least some of the time.

For some reason my janitor always gets stuck while all the other staff have no issues... I always have to move him.

u1RvLKI.gif

i have this issue also.. i keep moving the staff or remove the paths.. but nothing works

Although it should not be the problem. It appears that particular staff member does not seem to be able to cross that little bump.

Try removing the path and flatten the terrain out a little more. Then replace the paths.

I know it sounds stupid. But my guess is that should be something that might fix it.

Although it should not be the problem. It appears that particular staff member does not seem to be able to cross that little bump.

Try removing the path and flatten the terrain out a little more. Then replace the paths.

I know it sounds stupid. But my guess is that should be something that might fix it.
with me the terrain is flattened, and there is no bump, and they still keep moonwalking, lol

Just found this on r/PlanetZoo😂

I also have the Problem where I get all the Time Notifications that I need more Staff Rooms even though there are more than enough because I also fired some People for financial Reasons.

For some reason my janitor always gets stuck while all the other staff have no issues... I always have to move him.

u1RvLKI.gif
Thanks, maybe this explains why there is way more Trash on the Paths now

with me the terrain is flattened, and there is no bump, and they still keep moonwalking, lol

I was referring to the other post with the gif. There is a crossover when the path goes from land to bridge. That is where the path finding issue is,

Most cases when pathfinding goes wrong it involves terrain.

It's up to you to try it. If you think it's not it, fine, but not trying is never knowing.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

not trying to preassure, just curious: Any news as to when there will be a fix that fixes what is wrong after this patch? My staff still need several minutes to find a suitable staff room now (even if there are lot available and I left the game with no notification at all) and theplayer guests areshowing a "parse error" code in front of their name.

Chante Goodman

Community Manager
Frontier
Hey all!
We are looking to give you more concrete information on what will be in the next update soon. Thanks to your feedback, we're looking at how best to keep our community informed - we're looking at how we could provide more information on what is in the next update before it releases, for any future updates. Our developers are taking in your feedback, doing some investigating and balancing, and then working on a solution. Our next update is planned for sometime in the next few weeks; we'll be able to pinpoint a date when we are closer to confirming all of the fixes and improvements.

Hey all!
We are looking to give you more concrete information on what will be in the next update soon. Thanks to your feedback, we're looking at how best to keep our community informed - we're looking at how we could provide more information on what is in the next update before it releases, for any future updates. Our developers are taking in your feedback, doing some investigating and balancing, and then working on a solution. Our next update is planned for sometime in the next few weeks; we'll be able to pinpoint a date when we are closer to confirming all of the fixes and improvements.

I almost created a post in the general section on how I was there was more transparency. Many developers now explicitly highlight their current plans. Most notable for this is Ubisoft who has released roadmaps for each of their recent games. However, Bethesda, and even Nintendo/GameFreak have joined on. Even if plans change having that transparency creates a tight community with even more to talk about.

Edit: It would if there was acknowledgment of certain issues, the elephant (no pun intended) in the room is the pathing system - everybody has had their fair share of issues with it. However, are developers working on improvement? If they are, what does the time frame on that update look like? If not, why? I suspect pathing will left as is but not because of sheer negligence but rather it's an immensely intricate problem that is near impossible since the entire game centers around it. I suspect that sort of transparency would be welcomed because the conversation could then turn from misplaced hope to making the most it.

And I want to echo paul78, Chante and everyone else has been wonderful so far. This is the first game I have ever been engaged to this level with.

313hr0x2js941.jpg
rage-2-post-launch-roadmap-1.jpg
Fallout76_WildAppalachia_Roadmap_FINAL.png
8cns3ety0kx21.png

DXx2FGPW4AA40OW.jpg
3584364-grb-timeline_n7a7.png

Last edited:
  • Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Top Bottom