🐾 Planet Zoo - Update 1.3 coming 25 August 🐾

I am SO EXCITED ! Like a huge huge thank you ! I really didn't think the update would be this big, the new food management sounds awesome and thousand thanks for the vending machine ! I can't wait to see all the colors variations and the new map ! Thank you so much for your hard work during such difficult times !

Excellent news and timing. Frontier as always keeps up the outstanding work. All of what has been described in the free update sounds fantastic, and it truly reflects wonderfully on how your company listens to your costumer base. Would any of the community managers be able to offer any updates on the ability for players to upload custom images and signs to the game via billboards? Based on the Planet Coaster timeline, and that this was a feature that one of your developers admitted to have almost made it out in the base game, I truly thought we would be getting it, but I understand that not everything can be added at once. All I ask is to get a small update in reference to this ever making into the game or if it has been scratch off from any future DLCs, so I can plan accordingly and seek an alternative path. Myself and others have been asking about this future since the game launched and we have never had a single reply about it. Thank you in advance for all you do, and how much support you provide to this beautiful game.

View attachment 184434
Does somebody know the country/biome of this new plants? Could be useful to guess the new biome 😙
Very excited about it all 😀

As someone pointed out earlier, that is in fact a member of the Platycerium genus, more specifically it looks exactly like Platycerium alcicome (Staghorn Fern) there is actually 17 different species of this plant. These species were once quite rare in zoo collections, and mostly found within Australian botanical collection, that is no longer the case, inf fact I'm looking at one in my backyard right now. They are beautiful plants, and excellent addition to the Planet Zoo collection, the San Diego Zoo has quite a large collection of them as well. The Eucalyptus tree in the background looks beautifully as well, would need a better picture to give a definitive name to this species, but I already have a pretty good idea of the one that it might be, it is however 100% an Eucalyptus species.

Since no one else pointed out this yet, there is also Xanthorrhoea quadrangulata (Australian Grass Tree) in the background of the fern, it is all over that picture's backdrop, young specimens, as I'm sure Frontier will also include the mature variation. I'm truly exited about all of this Oceania/Australian species being added, and I'm guessing the new rocks that will be added, will be the iconic red rocks of Australia, world famous at that. I can't wait for the Australian DLC to be revealed, it is truly exciting, and even though it has not even being mentioned yet, aside from the dead giveaways, it has been the most exciting news of today.

As someone pointed out earlier, that is in fact a member of the Platycerium genus, more specifically it looks exactly like Platycerium alcicome (Staghorn Fern) there is actually 17 different species of this plant. These species were once quite rare in zoo collections, and mostly found within Australian botanical collection, that is no longer the case, inf fact I'm looking at one in my backyard right now. They are beautiful plants, and excellent addition to the Planet Zoo collection, the San Diego Zoo has quite a large collection of them as well. The Eucalyptus tree in the background looks beautifully as well, would need a better picture to give a definitive name to this species, but I already have a pretty good idea of the one that it might be, it is however 100% an Eucalyptus species.

Since no one else pointed out this yet, there is also Xanthorrhoea quadrangulata (Australian Grass Tree) in the background of the fern, it is all over that picture's backdrop, young specimens, as I'm sure Frontier will also include the mature variation. I'm truly exited about all of this Oceania/Australian species being added, and I'm guessing the new rocks that will be added, will be the iconic red rocks of Australia, world famous at that. I can't wait for the Australian DLC to be revealed, it is truly exciting, and even though it has not even being mentioned yet, aside from the dead giveaways, it has been the most exciting news of today.

That is fairly sneaky (in a good fun way), in that case, if indeed Australian animals are coming soon. Which, given all of that, I don't see how it could be anything else. Who knows, maybe they originally planned to release it Nov/Dec for the 1 year anniversary and holiday sales, to pad for the next year, but between covid and RFS (Rabid Fan Syndrome :ROFLMAO:) they figured it was better to polish to faster and get it out before then.

Another foliage member has been revealed, and this one is huge. So we had the small Eucalyptus species that was spotted earlier on, the Staghorn Fern, and the Australian Grass Tree. I took the picture that Frontier posted and blew it up, and OMG, now you have to excuse me as landscape and foliage is a big part of my life, so i get pretty exited about this reveals, Eucalyptus deglupta (Rainbow Gum) has arrived. By far this is one of the most beautiful trees you could ever spot anywhere. This species is native to Oceania, found in the Philippines, Indonesia, and Papua New Guinea. However we have been using it in the zoo world for decades to be center pieces of Australian exhibitions. During the design of Zoo Miami's (formerly Miami MetroZoo at the time) Australian section, management was so impressed with the tree, that it went from one planted specimen to 14 of them thru out the zoo.
Evidence04.jpg
eu1.jpg
eu2.jpg

eu7.jpg

Another foliage member has been revealed, and this one is huge. So we had the small Eucalyptus species that was spotted earlier on, the Staghorn Fern, and the Australian Grass Tree. I took the picture that Frontier posted and blew it up, and OMG, now you have to excuse me as landscape and foliage is a big part of my life, so i get pretty exited about this reveals, Eucalyptus deglupta (Rainbow Gum) has arrived. By far this is one of the most beautiful trees you could ever spot anywhere. This species is native to Oceania, found in the Philippines, Indonesia, and Papua New Guinea. However we have been using it in the zoo world for decades to be center pieces of Australian exhibitions. During the design of Zoo Miami's (formerly Miami MetroZoo at the time) Australian section, management was so impressed with the tree, that it went from one planted specimen to 14 of them thru out the zoo.
View attachment 184463View attachment 184467View attachment 184468
View attachment 184469
I've already saw that this one is Eucalyptus because of how the Bark looks, but where on the Picture is the other Eucalyptus Tree and which Species is it?

I've already saw that this one is Eucalyptus because of how the Bark looks, but where on the Picture is the other Eucalyptus Tree and which Species is it?

The young sapling right behind the Australian Grass, on the left corner. Initially that was the first tree i saw, together with the grass and fern, but upon further review of the picture I spotted the Rainbow Gum. I can only imagine what else would be coming with the DLC since those trees and plants are all part of the free update. I'm hoping for some palm tree species, the game is hurting for them, and Oceania has an extraordinary collection of them, maybe only second to Madagascar, in any case, is it Tuesday already?

This update is off the chaaiiin, I don't even know what I'm more excited about!!

- The biome. I've been feeling the biomes could use some expanding so this is great to see! Very much looking forward to it. (What biomes do we still need? Wetlands? Scrub? Mediterranean? A true aquatic biome for sure, but I'm hoping for a full aquatic expansion with diving animals, etc.)

- The lights thing! Absolutely essential, thank you!

- New scenario!! I just love the scenarios, and I've got not more to do now that I've completed them all. D: So this is most welcome.

- Color variations! Everything about this sounds fantastic, especially the llamas. I was really hoping, after the last update here, that llamas would get a nice wide selection for color variation. Outstanding!

Thanks for all the hard work guys, and for including so many community-requested features!

At this point it's pretty obvious that something from Oceania is coming...🦘

Wow, that's a lot to take in! Everything looks great! The color variations are obviously the main focus of the update, but everything else is a welcome change, as well.

Coat Variations: I am immensely excited about this. I was really hoping we'd get shades on a spectrum, and it sounds like this is exactly what's been done. I'm also hoping for a handful of pattern variations and maybe even colormorphs for some animals, as well - even the animals we currently have pattern variations for could use a few more - but even just the colors themselves are a huge improvement, and I can't wait to see how the genetic aspect is handled! :D

Food and Staff Management: This sounds like it will be pretty helpful, as well!

Timed Scenarios: Very intriguing. I'll be curious to see what this will be like.

Vending Machines: These were immensely needed! No more need for entire food courts at every intersection! 😅

New Biome: Like pretty much everyone else, I agree that everything seems to point toward an Oceania DLC, so an outback biome would seem most likely, and is very welcome. I look forward to any more upcoming news in regards to such things.

The light controls and message dismissal both sound very nice to have, too. I have a tendency to forget about lights (probably too used to playing ancient games that have no proper lighting system lol - I really should get better at that), but I'm eager to look into ways I can use this feature. A nocturnal house sounds like it could be pretty neat. And, of course, new maps and foliage/rocks are always welcome! All in all, sounds like an amazing update, and I can't wait 'til next Tuesday. Thank you for listening to the community's suggestions, Frontier. It's very much appreciated!

So now with the vending machines if I have a second or third viewing area for one enclosure I don't have to stick an artificial shop in it to make people go there if they've already seen the exhibit from another vantage point? I can just drop a few vending machines? Great, maybe now my main zoo will get some people into the underwater gharial viewing area that I built in freaking November and have never had one single person visit because they see it from another side first! (not bitter that they're all ignoring the best underwater view I've managed so far, no, not at all :).

Seriously, adding vending machines eliminates that design problem, especially in the hotter/thirstier biomes. Love it!

Oh, and that new map look a lot like a wetlands environment. Could that be the new biome? Either that or shrubland would be cool, especially if the next DLC is Australia themed!

Irrelevant, but I also find it really funny that the pipshot vending machine seem to include the water, juice, and smoothies... but a whole vendor can only handle one at a time. >u>

Last edited:
Oh, and that new map look a lot like a wetlands environment. Could that be the new biome? Either that or shrubland would be cool, especially if the next DLC is Australia themed!

Irrelevant, but I also find it really funny that the pipshot vending machine seem to include the water, juice, and smoothies... but a whole vendor can only handle one at a time. >u>

Exactly, It honestly does not bother me anymore, since I gave up a long time ago on an open zoo, the unrealistic and cartoonish human figurines just walking thru everything take away from the realism of the zoo design. However since I do like the vending machines, here is another question, why can't Planet Zoo have its own identity when it comes to a lot of these props? Why can't we have vending machines with stripes, spots, the scales of a snake, or just some animal concept art or pictures? Why do we keep on getting these genetic Street Coffee, and Pipshot Smoothies, etc, what do these things have to do with zoos or anything related. I understand why they were part of Planet Coaster, since they definitely look the part as props for a theme park, but not a zoo. In any case, Frontier does a great job, just wish that they paid closer attention when it came to certain details that make a big difference at the end.

Top Bottom