🐾 Planet Zoo - Update 1.3 coming 25 August 🐾

Scenery Light Toggle
You'll now have the ability to turn on or off scenery lights all the time, instead of them just coming on automatically at night. Lights will not work without power unless they're solar powered.

OMG YES!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

AWESOME UPDATE!! Everything looks amazing!! The Animal Colour Variation sounds incredible! Woot!

Looks fantastic! Very excited by everything coming up! I'm a little confused about the colour morphs vs colour variation, though.
Am I reading it correctly?
'Colour morph' refers to albinism/melanism and variable patterns such as those for the zebras, giraffes, and african wild dogs. The change in the update will be how the information is displayed in the ui, rather than additions and alterations to the system itself (with the exception of llamas getting some new patterns, yay!).
'Colour variation' is the new system, which overlays a variety of colours from a defined spectrum onto the animal.

Or is this a "for goodness sake, you've only got to wait a week for it, we'll explain it in full when the update is out!" kind of situation?

Looking forward to it anyway!

this is some great news, and i have to say im really excited to jump back into the game to check it all out.
Just one little question, is this everything thats coming with the new update or is there also bug fixes coming? I havent seen anything about fixes in the post, but could be that it will certainly have fixes and thats why they didnt list them?

The last paragraph talks about the fact that there will be bug fixes as well.

Amazing! I love how Frontier listens to its players (EA could never). The ability to make lights active and the new management screens will make a big difference as far as play goes (my underground viewing areas are going to look so much better!). And the scientific names for color morphs are a wonderful touch.

Obviously we all hope to hear something about DLC, but even without it, I'm excited for this update. Thank you to the Frontier team for being so awesome!

Awesome News Frontier!!!
I think we get the Karst biome and maybe a surprise included or with an dlc. Karst animals: red deer, european brown bear, lynx, fox.
The second dlc would be Australia/Oceania.

Oh that's really exciting! 🥰
Was already more than happy with the announced colour variation, but this is SO much more!

Now I'm especially looking forward to the new map! Looks like I will be starting a new zoo soon! :love:

This all looks and sounds awesome!

Will there be visible genetic markers for animals in the market to see what colours we might expect if we breed them? I'm looking forward to the black jaguar being more readily available, but it would still be useful to see whether or not the jaguars in the market (especially the limited Sandbox market) have melanistic ancestry or something to make it easier to select for certain colour variations.

Edit: Oops, missed part of the OP where Chante said the market would contain information on the colour genetics of the animals. Good to know!

Also, thank you for modifying the lighting system! Now making faux nocturnal houses is going to be much easier. All I need from this point on is a kiwi as a habitat animal and the tuatara as an exhibit animal, and I can really crack on and make my dream zoo. ;)

Last edited:
How on earth did I miss this thread for hours?

Anyway... this update seems HUGE! Not that I was expecting something small, but this really is way more than I expected again. You guys rock with your free updates!
Not sure if I understood everything with the color variations. Will have to re-read after a good meal and a good rest, seems like my english is gone for the day.

But thankfully, as of today, the heatwave seems to be over in germany and I can fire up my game on the 25th of august without worying that my PC will burst into flames :D

Chef's kiss

The amount of game enhancing stuff in this update is a very nice surprise, thank you all @ Frontier.
Am I reading this right, that after the update we'll be more likely to encounter albino/leucistic animals in the animal market, in Sandbox mode?

I expect the new colours/variatons for animals will help players feel more attached to the animals in their zoos. The hard work put into this feature will absolutely be worth it I think. Bravo.

Excited to see a new type of scenario - definitely begins to make up for the lack of new scenarios in the South American DLC. Hope one day we can see the Scenario Editor from PC make its way over to PZ.

Hyped about vending machines and more management tools in the zoo menus/sub-menus.

👏👏👏

Screenshot_2020-08-18-20-22-10-25.jpg

Does somebody know the country/biome of this new plants? Could be useful to guess the new biome 😙
Very excited about it all 😀

Top Bottom