Player Groups and Minor Factions - General Discussion

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
@ Brettc Was the new application system implemented today? Where are the new applications situated or is it the same forms that were previously used?.

Please reply has it looks like my ongoing issue with my original application is not going to be resolved, seeing as we were added in game in April and removed from the system the same day to be put in limbo for the last 3 months with weekly emails saying it would be sorted shortly.

Hopefully I will not have to wait for another year + with this new system :)

Last edited:
@ Brettc Was the new application system implemented today? Where are the new applications situated or is it the same forms that were previously used?.

Please reply has it looks like my ongoing issue with my original application is not going to be resolved, seeing as we were added in game in April and removed from the system the same day to be put in limbo for the last 3 months with weekly emails saying it would be sorted shortly.

Hopefully I will not have to wait for another year + with this new system :)

As far as I know it has not yet been implemented, I believe Brett said it would be situated on the Elite Dangerous website, I checked there, and there is not anything about PMFs

Hi Brett,

The last significant response we received from you was back in December 2017, where you told us we could be added within the week.

Since then, apart from a brief message again in January, we haven't had a single response to our DMs, forum posts and emails.

Could you please do me the courtesy of opening a dialogue so that we can understand what is going on?

Many thanks.

Full timeline below:

Apr 25th 2017 – Player faction request submitted.
Jun 30th 2017 – Approval received via Elite Dangerous forum for player faction to be added in-game.
Oct 2nd 2017 – Follow up email from Augustus to Brett to ask why PRIA had not been added yet. Received a response on October 3rd to say that the faction should already be in-game. Augustus replies to confirm that we are not showing up in-game. No response received back.
Nov 2nd 2017 – Email sent from Augustus to community@frontier.co.uk asking for assistance. No response received back.
Nov 12nd 2017 – Direct message sent to Brett from LuckyLuke asking the same as the above. Response received November 22nd “My sheet is reporting your minor faction is in the game world.’’
Nov 22nd 2017 – Direct message sent to Brett asking if we should raise a support ticket. No response received back.
Nov 26th 2017 – Direct message sent to Brett also highlighting that the spreadsheet extract had the government type listed incorrectly for PRIA and wondered if we had been mixed up with another faction. No response received back.
Dec 4th 2017 – Augustus emails pharvey@frontier.co.uk to ask for guidance (on the prompt of Paige on the Facebook community page). No response received back.
Dec 8th 2017 – Email response from Brett to Augustus, saying the matter had been escalated and we could be in-game within a week.
Jan 22nd 2018 – Direct message sent by LuckyLuke to Brett, response received same day “Hi, so to ensure - your minor faction is indeed NOT in the game world at all?’’
Feb 6th-8th 2018 – Brief email exchange between Augustus and Will. Augustus forwards his email history to Will for his information. No response received back.
Feb 21st 2018 – Direct message sent by LuckyLuke to Brett to ask if there was any follow up. No response received.
Mar 5th 2018 – “RP” style email sent by Kieron Mastersson asking for an update. No response received.
Apr 17th 2018 – Direct message sent by LuckyLuke to Brett to ask if there was any follow up. No response received.
Apr 26th 2018 – Forum post by Brett mentioning that PRIA had been rejected by FDEVs scripts.
Apr 26th 2018 – Forum post by LuckyLuke asking for clarification. No response received.
May 1st 2018 – Long email sent by LuckyLuke to Brett, Will and Paige with complete history of this and request for clarification. No response received.
Apr 26th-Present – Multiple forum posts and DMs sent by LuckyLuke. No response received.

Last edited:
Hi Brett,

The last significant response we received from you was back in December 2017, where you told us we could be added within the week.

Since then, apart from a brief message again in January, we haven't had a single response to our DMs, forum posts and emails.

Could you please do me the courtesy of opening a dialogue so that we can understand what is going on?

Many thanks.

LuckyLuke, I can't believe you guys are still out of the game :(

The fact that you had to go through that much contact, and then yours got rejected, similar to how mine got rejected with NO WORD on that being the case.

What the heck is the point of us putting in our email if it's not going to be used? What's the point of ANY of this if it takes the vast majority of us a YEAR to get a PMF for a game that is meant for people working together?

We were also told there'd be an update for Q2 update, so I made damn sure everything was in line.
That was NOT the case.

And now it's been yet ANOTHER month.

For the heck of it, I sent an email to Will as well to see [if he] responds.

It's going to take a miracle for Frontier Developments to regain me as a customer. This kind of service is mind-boggling.

Last edited:

Will Flanagan

Product Manager
Frontier
Hello LuckyLuke,

I'm incredibly sorry to hear you're frustrated, as you've shown I can see there's a long history of correspondence, and maybe a little bit of confusion on our end. As we mentioned quite some time ago, we are looking at all the systems currently in place (such as community goals, player factions and so forth) and revising them. In regards to player factions, we're working on a new system and will be announcing more details on it very, very shortly.

The current system in place (for player factions) is a heavily manual process, where we receive numerous applications and requests for changes, and information. This has, unfortunately, led to misplaced applications and errors. The new system that we will introduce will move towards a semi-automated process, which is more efficient and provide feedback to players applying to have their faction implemented into the game, in the initial stages and afterwards as well.

We apologise for any frustation caused by this, not just to yourself but also to other players awaiting similiar communications and updates from us. Ultimately, the new system will have players' factions in the game quicker than before and with feedback (for factions who are rejected).

In regards to the player faction information you require, if you don't mind sending me one more email (wflanagan@frontier.co.uk) with as much information as possible and we'll look into it.

Hi

I have a question that i believe may have been asked before but never had an answer, Will i even messaged you directly on discord but you never replied after the initial hello.

I have a player faction that i now have the majority control as various members have basically quit playing or dont have the time to play enough.

the system that the original "leaders" chose was way beyond our ability to ever take over. Even with help from a number of HOT players its still just...pretty damn impossible especially after the changes to BGS over the years.
This has then snow balled in to pretty much everyone giving up trying as with now barely 2-3 people actively playing in the group due to lack of progress ETC. Its kind of killed us.

Is there any hope of moving the faction to a different system? Something more manageable. That may help get my team back?

I can look at giving extra lore or a reason for the shift if needed.

Please can someone let me know on this?

thanks

Brett C

Frontier
Hi

I have a question that i believe may have been asked before but never had an answer, Will i even messaged you directly on discord but you never replied after the initial hello.

I have a player faction that i now have the majority control as various members have basically quit playing or dont have the time to play enough.

the system that the original "leaders" chose was way beyond our ability to ever take over. Even with help from a number of HOT players its still just...pretty damn impossible especially after the changes to BGS over the years.
This has then snow balled in to pretty much everyone giving up trying as with now barely 2-3 people actively playing in the group due to lack of progress ETC. Its kind of killed us.

Is there any hope of moving the faction to a different system? Something more manageable. That may help get my team back?

I can look at giving extra lore or a reason for the shift if needed.

Please can someone let me know on this?

thanks

We can't move PMF's once added to the game.

You'd need to submit a new PMF under a new name and so forth. At this point, i would hold off on using the google form and use the coming Elite Dangerous Website application forum.

We can't move PMF's once added to the game.

You'd need to submit a new PMF under a new name and so forth. At this point, i would hold off on using the google form and use the coming Elite Dangerous Website application forum.

I feel curious now though - if a player group opts to do this, what happens to the old PMF? Does it get marked down as no longer owned by players and just functions as a NPC minor faction from that point onward? Will its continuing presence in the BGS impact the creation of future PMFs?

Hey Brett,

I am unaware if this question was answered. My PMF, Terminus Syndicate is already on the pending list for April and May 2018. With the new system, does another application have to be submitted? Or is the current one with the old system still viable?

Thank you.

Copy-pasta of BrettC's comment on Reddit

Supermunch2000 said:
Oh no... I fear for Will! He might have violated a fundamental Law of Frontier ("No ETAs, no guarantees.")!

Then again "very, very shortly" might have the same meaning as "sooner than what most expect" and Soon™.
Actually, if we don't find any further issues with the new process, we will be making it live quite soon. Myself and a few others on the team have been throwing just about every combination that we can think of at it just to break it. Regardless, the new process is quite simplified and much more real time.

You'll be able to do the following...

• Login with your frontier account,
  • Submit a PMF app (what else would this be for?),
  • Can do near real-time checks of system occupation and restrictions when desired systems are inputted,
  • Can see your application status in near real time.
  • This being the pending, approved, added, rejected statuses.
  • On our side of things, we cut out the google form for player minor factions, it's all moved to our ED site (URL TBD). Multiple (probably many) people at the office will be able to review applications, and have the ability to approve or deny them.
I believe Will will be posting about the pending minor factions as well when we kick on the new system.

One caveat right now is that your player minor faction description will still be delayed. It has to be added to the game client and is not stored server side currently.
I probably spilled the beans on Will's to-be post.

The new system sounds very promising to me :)

The new system seems pretty awesome, but how does it help those of us who have already submitted our pmfs, followed every requirement, and had our pmf placed in game back in April, for them to disappear shortly after? What do we do to fix it?

The new system seems pretty awesome, but how does it help those of us who have already submitted our pmfs, followed every requirement, and had our pmf placed in game back in April, for them to disappear shortly after? What do we do to fix it?

I think we may have to re-submit, but I can see our PMF names being an issue, even though they are not showing in game they are still a part of the programming. I bet we may be asked to alter our names.

This is great and all, but it still doesn't give those of us who have been waiting for an extremely extended period of time an answer.

That's great there's this new system about to be implemented that is handy for those that have large PMFs and care that much.

But some of us are doing this for the fun of it. And the fun was ringed out of us after having to wait this whole time.... and having to wait for this new system is nothing but a backhanded answer that we'll have to wait EVEN LONGER.

Hello, I posted several times in private messages and other to know what faction of players was in place on Feuma and Berzites. My PMF was forwarded and accepted in April 2016 as Teeberias Squad. I still have not got an answer and I clearly feel that we have taken our place. In the PMF we asked to support the Union of Feuma Resistance faction and there were no other players present on these two systems. Thank you for your clarification.
Sincerely CMD Miderashi

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom