Please FD, just roll it back. We can all wait for it to be ready...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I was about to give the new patch a try today, but I think imma just uninstall until one of the following happens...

Odyssey works as well as Horizons
Odyssey is rescinded and we go back to Horizons until above criteria is met, so at least the playerbase isn't totally fractured.
You can play Horizons any time, it's an option on the launcher. So everyone has a choice.

I was about to give the new patch a try today, but I think imma just uninstall until one of the following happens...

Odyssey works as well as Horizons
Odyssey is rescinded and we go back to Horizons until above criteria is met, so at least the playerbase isn't totally fractured.

Even shooting weapons is broken...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfW47GxwPmA

Disclaimer, to avoid arrogant people thinking that I am trying to speak for them by inserting themselves into every 'we' ever. 'We' in this case, is my squad, most people who frequent my discord (about 200 skilled, active players), everyone I know who plays BGS to any decent level, and a whole bunch of random people I've discussed it with. Every 'we' does not have to cover every population, otherwise every statement of 'we' ever made would by necessity include the whole human race.
no

There are a number of players in the squadron I'm in who are playing and enjoying Odyssey. I'm checking into Odyssey from time to time, but mainly playing in Horizons because the performance is currently better for my machine. I'm hopeful that in time Odyssey will be running as smoothly as Horizons for me, and when it does, I'll be making that transition. I'm going to be patient with the process, because I have little other choice... no reason for me to get bent about something I can't fix.

for some of us, loss has totaled over a year of bgs effort

it is not a fair thing to write off a new EDO players weeks of effort.
Seems perfectly ok to destroy over a years effort for a 2014 veteran though.
as well as remove any desire to ever invest effort or money ever again in anything this company ever makes.

It's not fair to write off anyone's effort. I know the Devs said they were looking into the BGS, but I've not kept up to date with it as it's not my jam.

my honest opinion is a rollback would still not matter.
too much time and too much anger.
its a game people say.
yes , it is
it takes up free time that many people have..go figure
it has components that are long game/ long time effect/events
to lose a day or a week or even a month or 2 is not nice, but not a big deal.
to lose over a years effort required a re-evaluation.
for me at 8 years, 1 may not seem like much. it is a lot.

and then it continues, because the incompleted shell they called a completed game is 100% fraudulent and actually being built by the programming team and tested by us.
Any actual concern at all for any of the long game BGS players should indicate a better choice at this stage at least.
The BGS already has/had issue and often required a helping hand from fdev.
Now it needs this daily because between the 2 games that do not include all players anymore and does not include enough complete and properly working algorithms to connect 2 pc's that exist side by side IRL, let alone affect BGS or even simple ammunition correctly.

For some reason though the choice is to keep ruining the BGS and making it more and more pointless daily.
And keep aggrevating(to be very polite) all your long time players daily as more jump on board every day with a new broken thing that was not previously broken.

Not to mention that one of the best sales you can have is word of mouth....been to any forums or discords lately?
It is impossible for anyone that actually plays the game and knows a lot of parts of it, that are now broken(still) to try and tell people that ask 'So, What's Odessey like"' something nice.
And it is very visible.

Just putting it out there - I am NOT part of this 'we' or 'all'.
I'm having fun with Odyssey and don't want it taken away. I honestly haven't logged into Horizons since Odyssey dropped!

Stop claiming to speak for everyone!
You can add me to the list. Odyssey may be far from perfect, the DSS and camera suite is still broken in VR... but I already can't imagine going back to Horizons.

my honest opinion is a rollback would still not matter.
too much time and too much anger.
its a game people say.
yes , it is
it takes up free time that many people have..go figure
it has components that are long game/ long time effect/events
to lose a day or a week or even a month or 2 is not nice, but not a big deal.
to lose over a years effort required a re-evaluation.
for me at 8 years, 1 may not seem like much. it is a lot.

and then it continues, because the incompleted shell they called a completed game is 100% fraudulent and actually being built by the programming team and tested by us.
Any actual concern at all for any of the long game BGS players should indicate a better choice at this stage at least.
The BGS already has/had issue and often required a helping hand from fdev.
Now it needs this daily because between the 2 games that do not include all players anymore and does not include enough complete and properly working algorithms to connect 2 pc's that exist side by side IRL, let alone affect BGS or even simple ammunition correctly.

For some reason though the choice is to keep ruining the BGS and making it more and more pointless daily.
And keep aggrevating(to be very polite) all your long time players daily as more jump on board every day with a new broken thing that was not previously broken.

Not to mention that one of the best sales you can have is word of mouth....been to any forums or discords lately?
It is impossible for anyone that actually plays the game and knows a lot of parts of it, that are now broken(still) to try and tell people that ask 'So, What's Odessey like"' something nice.
And it is very visible.
I am very sad that you have experienced this. I really hope Frontier fixes and balances the BGS.

o7

This rant is still going and looks to be getting more ridiculous. Has there been any good reason given why there is supposed to be a rollback?

If the majority of people don’t like Odyssey, then they would be playing Horizons, or not playing at all. So why should Horizons players care about the state of Odyssey if allegedly nobody likes it?

"I like the game so everyone else is wrong"

The media binned the game. Critics binned it. Your beloved streamers binned it. It's trash. It doesn't matter whether you accept this or not, it is a fact.

55 on metacritic. 3.8/10 user score. 31% positive reviews on steam. Sure sounds like a winner.

If they're not gonna roll it back, they better fix it fast, it's losing people so fast you'd think it was code named the Titanic. Almost my entire player group is gone and after dealing with bugs post patch today I feel done as well.

"the media"

who?

"the critics"

Who?

"your beloved streamers"

who??

i was playing early with bog he had 300 viwers

yamiks as much he poops on elite he is addicted playing it everyday (he only trashed it for the youtube money )

hawcks is playing it everyday im on his discord he is on right now

cant think of anyone elase tbh

"its trash"

who are you ???

Last edited:
1623370704683.png

"the media"

who?

"the critics"

Who?

"your beloved streamers"

who??

i was playing early with bog he had 300 viwers

yamiks as much he poops on elite he is addicted playing it everyday (he only trashed it for the youtube money )

hawcks is playing it everyday im on his discord he is on right now

cant think of anyone elase tbh

"its trash"

who are you ???

Classic case of...
head-in-sand.png

Metacritic is a joke.

They have so many jokes of games with almost exclusive praising rankings and absurdly high rating.
Why should I expect this is any other when it comes to negativity?

All unionized corporate critics are jokes. With no exception. You can call me a conspiracy theorist if you want, but I worked in the industry for four years, and I can tell you all that matters is 1: Your sponsors and 2: Your Cultural agenda. Protecting and informing the Consumer isn't just a distant third, it's not even on the roadmap.

I didn't think the Cyberpunk release was too bad, because I am used to Frontier. No more. Retired from leadership at NEWP and deleted the game. , gitgud or go home. Smh have some sense of shame.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom