Please Frontier, Listen to the players and you will have the most profitable game ever.

but, a company needs to understand its customers, and come to a conclusion of what they want, and take the most desired/reasonable ideas, and put the most they can in the product.
So, open only, better balance for PvP, improvements to power play and a new SRV...

Well, so far we have one of those coming :ROFLMAO:

All of those are 'reasonable' as well as most desired. 🤷‍♂️

Oh, I forgot... Plus a Cobra Mk IV for everyone...

it's regrettable what happens with frontier, several doubtful decisions, I bought the Jurassic Evo 2 and you can see that they dedicated an absurd job there, the game was really beautiful, but the cell game mechanics make the game too casual , if they had put that team to work on the odyssey the return would be absurdly greater, whoever likes the spaceship game, whether they like it or not, is the same guys who buy all triple A star wars games all expensive, they should focus on that, take money from whoever there's money, star citizen himself already hit $400kk with a game all buggy but much more immersive, that's what's missing in ed, put stations with bigger windows and lower orbits, and the damn interior of the ships they should have announced right away when the people revolted, even if it took 5 years to do it, they should have announced that they would do it...
I'd fight anyone who denies that ED could very well be Frontiers most profitable game if only they cared to invest in it as much as it's community does. Without investment cmdr's lose faith and without engagement profits drop and so do shares.

It's been public and clear what Frontier needed to bring with Odyssey and other updates, iterate on the good (planet exploration, flying and coop quests) and fullfill the kickstarter objectives by bringing Elite up to par with other space sims. Ship interiors is a must, let us land on the rest of the planets, give us the armstrong moment you wanted.

NMS and SC already have atmospheric planets nailed down and kicking that make ED planets look like something out of the 90's. NMS added improvements to the narrative side of it's game not long ago, SC is constantly adding new features, crafted locations to explore, ships, weapons, armours they just added volumetric CLOUDS in a minor update like it was nothing special. They freely let people experience the game and do live lore-related events not only for their community to experience but outsiders. I've flown more ships in the last 5 days in SC than in the last 5 years of Elite. Ship interiors aren't boring at all, they're the whole reason why they keep getting money. Money that Frontier left on the table for them to get.

No wonder the shares are going down, if you keep releasing too many 6/10 games and spread too thin you'll eventually hit a stall.

Of course they can add them both - but they can't add them both NEXT, unless you're happy for to wait for 5 years for any significant new content.
The DLC has been in development for YEARS, while the base game was in maintenance mode...and now you want to tell the shareholders it will take 5 years to add more features to the bare bones, years in the making DLC...ok, go for it.
Why would it take them 5 years? From Elite: Dangerous release to Landing on Planets (Horizons release) was one year only!

it's regrettable what happens with frontier, several doubtful decisions, I bought the Jurassic Evo 2 and you can see that they dedicated an absurd job there, the game was really beautiful, but the cell game mechanics make the game too casual , if they had put that team to work on the odyssey the return would be absurdly greater, whoever likes the spaceship game, whether they like it or not, is the same guys who buy all triple A star wars games all expensive, they should focus on that, take money from whoever there's money, star citizen himself already hit $400kk with a game all buggy but much more immersive, that's what's missing in ed, put stations with bigger windows and lower orbits, and the damn interior of the ships they should have announced right away when the people revolted, even if it took 5 years to do it, they should have announced that they would do it...
if devs listen players it means they have no plan, it means they do not know what they are doing, it means they are incompetent

Which players should they listen to, as they all seem to want different things. You, me.joe bloggs down the road?

I honestly feel like that people think interiors won't be FPS.

Like, what else can it be?
Depends if shooting is the involved. Will it be first person perspective, sure like the rest of the game is. But I'm sure it will include some shooting, just like every other facet of the game does.
I don't know why people call it a first person shooter when shooting is purely optional.

Which players should they listen to, as they all seem to want different things. You, me.joe bloggs down the road?
u say that u dont want ship interior? u dont want new ships? u dont want eva? i think at least 90% of the players will want things like those, also land in water words and elw with animal life, and fight targoids on foot.

u say that u dont want ship interior? u dont want new ships? u dont want eva? i think at least 90% of the players will want things like those, also land in water words and elw with animal life, and fight targoids on foot.
I'm sure FDev want to add all of that too. But it's man hours and a lot of development. We have the building blocks for all of that with Odyssey. But to expect all of that to come out in one go in th same time frame is delusional. Maybe if you add another 4 years in to the development of Odyssey and we may have got some of that on top of what we got.

I suspect earthlikes will be one expansion and will require a number of years to get right, unless you want NMS plant and animal life. Personally, I don't. I want something that looks better and more realistic. But this will take time.

What do I want to come next? I'm not too sure. I don't want ship interiors just for the sake of them, they need to include good gameplay opportunities as well.

Hopefully they will also flesh out the exploration and plant scanning gameplay at some point too. I would like to see installations become dockable and turned into space based settlements.

There is loads I would like to see. But I'm a realist. I know some of it won't happen and some of it will further down the line.

Why not have a poll much like the fixes system where people can vote on there most wanted features from a list of upcoming and proposed features along with how long it would take possibly to implement etc

I think that the ultimate key for universal success should include:

-Ship interiors
-Absence of ship interiors
-Landing on the surface of gas giants
-Open only, but offline
-Removal of the First Person Shooter
-Addition of gore, dismemberment and realistic handheld guns for a better FPS experience
-Release of VR, on console only
-Newtonian teleportation
-No Man's Sky
-Customisable colours for the ship's toilet paper via ARX
-Free ARX, but with bigger discounts
-No Man's Sky
-Polo, using Sidewinders instead of horses to replace CQC
-Daily apologies to appease the bloodthirsty
-Caterers and cleaners working on optimisation
-PowerPlay fought and managed on the forums (it's more dynamic, and guess what, open only).
-Community Goals are successful at the start and everyone is in the top 75%.
-Triple Engineered Modules with double Experimentals gained by raising the hand.

This are just a few of my ideas! 😊

Top Bottom