Please reconsider fleet carriers for solo players.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The only reason I would be interested in a solo fleet carrier, would be to transport all my shipyard purchases to a non-populated area far away from humanised space. It would save getting the ‘ohh damn I need ‘X’ (insert ship name) for this job’ but it’s 10,000 light years away. If all your ships are with you, you could easily switch between any kind of activity dependant on what you bring along.

I think an NPC squadron that you are in charge of and that you pay a percentage to have, would alleviate this.

Otherwise FC’s are pointless to me.

Just my opinion.... o7

They probably spent the last year reworking the feature so that it is accessible by individuals because that is the majority of their player base.

If I’m wrong, there will be an schat storm of posts and reviews from ed off player's and this whole system will fall apart. I WILL NOT grind for credits and resources to benefit someone else’s carrier.

1 carrier captain/owner and 499 idiots who pay for and grind for it all? Yea that’s just not going to work.

Unlikely but not impossible. Everything new in elite has been to make new players happy before they leave steam reviews, and new players would want one too so that’s our only leg up.

This is getting out of hand...

Dr StrangeZimms...

drstrangelove.gif

I support capital ships for solo players. Not sure about the Fleet Carrier because it's intended for player groups.

We need some solo-player capital size ships as well.

I think part of the problem is a matter of linguistics failure. To the best of my knowledge the Official Given Name for these has been, and still is “Fleet Carriers”.

Only forumites have called these “Squadron Carriers”, or fantasized these into being loaded with 35 Warvettes, each with twin fighter bays, they don’t actually think they’ll need to deploy, as they’ll be flying these around in real-time, as the pinnacle of combat ships - which has no basis in any of the very scant Official Information.

To paraphrase Uncle Ben: “With great hype comes great disappointment.”

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
I can't believe you wrote that.
Simple. A Squadron is a Squadron whether it has one member or 500 members.

While there may be a membership requirement to acquire a Carrier it is, as yet, unknown, as is what happens if the Squadron membership drops lower than the acquisition requirement after the Carrier has been acquired.

We have been told that a Squadron retains its assets until it is disbanded though.

Simple. A Squadron is a Squadron whether it has one member or 500 members.

While there may be a membership requirement to acquire a Carrier it is, as yet, unknown, as is what happens if the Squadron membership drops lower than the acquisition requirement after the Carrier has been acquired.

We have been told that a Squadron retains its assets until it is disbanded though.

I think it would be logical (assuming FDev don't want single players to have mobile personal bases) to have a minimum squadron size in order to move the carrier. This would address the "What happens if a squadron shinks below the 'can own a carrier' threshold?" question. The carrier isn't lost, but it remains a multiplayer feature.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
I think it would be logical (assuming FDev don't want single players to have mobile personal bases) to have a minimum squadron size in order to move the carrier. This would address the "What happens if a squadron shinks below the 'can own a carrier' threshold?" question. The carrier isn't lost, but it remains a multiplayer feature.
To what end, given that altCMDRs are free on consoles (and inexpensive in the spale on PC)..?

Set the barrier too high and vastly reduce the number of players that can access the new feature in their existing Squadrons.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom