Popular Ganking discussion in r/EliteDangerous

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Honestly half the fun is pulling someone to kill them and having a great fight as a result. Not everyone who ganks shares this opinion, but I have just as much fun with a "fair" fight as I do a one sided battle.
I think it’s a balancing act. For me, always having a challenge isn’t too fun, but neither is it always being super easy.

That’s certainly the sentiment I feel when an invasion CZ throws out nothing but Cyclops after Cyclops after Cyclops… and it is just not difficult to beat them. I mean, sure, you have to give some leeway for the casuals, but would it hurt to throw some Basilisks and Medusas in there more than once every eon?

Addendum: That doesn't mean I've gone soft on the topic of ganking. Personally, I still dislike that play style and think it's a waste of the "victim's" time. But that's part of "blaze your own trail", and it's on me to deal with that issue; either by arming up, learning how to evade, or switching modes, or stopping to care :)

I get what you're saying, sadly I suspect there are quite a lot who only enjoy a one sided battle, and those are the ones who do the real harm, as I suspect most of those either don't react to comms and FRs anyway, or don't have any real knowledge to share anyway ;).
I've known some who like how it's a genuinely random encounter as even looking at what modules the ship they're attacking has isn't always a clue to what the player will do or what they're capable of. You don't get that with NPCs.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom