News Progress Diary #8

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Very sweet video, and to echo what was stated earlier, "is that TrackIR we see on top[ of one of the monitors?".

Stewart Forgie said:
I too would love to get an answer as to whether TrackIR will be implemented.

Guys, that was indeed the TrackIR v5 sitting on top of the screen there. So, here is my thinking. If they've got it in the office where the games being designed, it's pretty much a cert that they've been playing with it in game there. The long term folks here on the forum and in the DDF have been throwing out the; "We want TrackIR, we want Oculus" line for quite some time now, and if theres one thing FD do ... they always listen.

Okay, so if you look at 2.02 in the video you'll see they are testing the head tracking movement with a graphically scaled down version of the cockpit. The head action.motion as you can see is a very smooth movement as the dev is looking around the cockpit, very much like using a TrackIR unit, yes? Now, if you pause the vid and look you'll see on the top left part of the scree two plastic nubs, these are the screen holding arms of the IR device for the TrackIR.

So, put two and two together and you can bet your bottom dollar they are going to be supporting the TrackIR in some sense, even if they haven't said it yet. They seem to have been using it right there in that bit of filming.

2.02-2.10 see for yourself. Then again of course, I could be wildly wrong. Anyone wanna a take a bet? :eek::D

At around 5.02.. is that a bobblehead placed in the cockpit??!

24fipu9.png

The devil in me whants to light a sig and hold it under the Oculus rift player's nose and turn on the fire alarm to watch the reaction :D:D :D
*looks over at his Rift and smiles*

Now thats what I call immersion! :D

The ultimate games setup; paying somebody to push down on your shoulders when you're taking a tight corner, jab you in the arm when you're getting fired upon ...and bashing you in the face with a cushion when the airbag goes off.

Very nice diary. At around 2:48 - 3:03 they talk about "running"(?) repairs to the dashboard made by the player and other actions to solve problems within the cockpit. I consequently presume we must at least be equipped with a roll of duct tape and a small tool box with the necessary items for acute repairs.
Blasted! Not even in space will I be free from my work! (Maintenance Man).

Nice though. :)

As everyone has said, amazing video. This tipped me over the edge, I have done my last Jonty! Never thought I'd spend this much on a game; I've barely played them since the good old 8 bit days :)

The one thing that I didn't really like so far was the holographic dash board but it actually looks quite good now because it is now well-defined and stands out more.

Good job FD!

Love the details....
...enough to let me upgrade to a package i never thought to go that high :eek:

I hear you...just tried to upgrade to alpha with my phone, but I lost internet connection while I was doing it...saved for now I guess...we'll see what happens later when I get home... ;)

StefanOS

Volunteer Moderator
Interesting moments in the video
2:21 they play destruction derby... 1 sidewinder (right monitor) hits the other sidewinder on the left big screen from behind and kicks it away.... you can see how he is turned around
2:29 shooting scene, the sidewinder on the the big screen is shooting the other who is in front of him, you can see on the right screen the "beam" as it misses several times and lights the cockpit of the right sidewinder. Also on the left screen we see the GUNS of the sidewinder - they have some rotating mechanic.... very nice!

For me, the best part of the video was just after the 5 minute mark when demonstrating the dynamic lighting in the Sidewinder cockpit. Were those the engines of an Anaconda?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom