News Progress Diary #8

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Mike, at 6.04 you've got a pilot maneuvering to get back into the cockpit in zero G, that's just wild! Are you fine peoples going to be allowing for full body character animation like that when moving outside of the cockpit? Was that just experimental or is that the direction you guys are heading? Whatever it be, time and time again you lot seem to be out doing yourselves. Again, well done to the whole team, seems you lot have some great synergy going on there in the FD halls, its really showing in all your work. Great video update. :smilie:

Now THAT is a Development Update.

No question, everybody is excited. I'm amazed at the number of pledges shooting through the roof recently, so people are showing their support with their wallets.

Seriously thinking about getting that X52 now...!

Beautiful - the balance looks right too between HUD and visible area of the screen. X-rebirth looks awful in that area.
One thing does strike me the frame around the glass sections looks a touch too thick rather like my Ford Mondeo windscreen pillars! I was hoping the technology would have moved on in the next ten years let alone a thousand.

One thing does strike me the frame around the glass sections looks a touch too thick rather like my Ford Mondeo windscreen pillars! I was hoping the technology would have moved on in the next ten years let alone a thousand.

Too thick? I would hope it is thick. The environment on the other side of that window is what you should be afraid of most. Those windows aren't there just to keep out a bit of snow and rain.

Last edited:
No question, everybody is excited. I'm amazed at the number of pledges shooting through the roof recently, so people are showing their support with their wallets.

Well the Kickstarter just passed the 2 million mark, I suspect this latest vid may have had something to do with it. :p

Moar, moar of this! :D

You guys did it again. What a smack down. Awesome to see how much work has gone into this. And that leaking canister! And HOTAS! And head look! And your experiments with cockpits!

I need to calm down :)

Awesome video! Beautiful work FD. Really great stuff!
I am excited to see some EVA testing included. ZeroG movement around the ship will be wicked. And the roomy cockpit art looks stunning. I'm an explorer by nature, so I was never interested in owning a spacestation or more than one ship, but now I want to buy ALL the ships, just so I can enjoy all your design work. Plus I'll need a place to display all my bobble-head collections, different colored fuzzy dice, and any lava lamps if available. This game is too cool.

Awesome video! Beautiful work FD. Really great stuff!
I am excited to see some EVA testing included. ZeroG movement around the ship will be wicked. And the roomy cockpit art looks stunning. I'm an explorer by nature, so I was never interested in owning a spacestation or more than one ship, but now I want to buy ALL the ships, just so I can enjoy all your design work. Plus I'll need a place to display all my bobble-head collections, different colored fuzzy dice, and any lava lamps if available. This game is too cool.

Anf a fish tank :p

Anyway... Drooool.
And +1 for the floating about with avatar footage... So looking forward to that release.

Watched video and thought - many people will have freak outs due of cockpit catching fire while playing with OR :D

The devil in me whants to light a sig and hold it under the Oculus rift player's nose and turn on the fire alarm to watch the reaction :D:D :D

And ohh, last question of the day, Michael, that awesome background track was created for KS specially right? Could you share it in some form? As a 2 mil pound stretch goal? :)

Very sweet video, and to echo what was stated earlier, "is that TrackIR we see on top[ of one of the monitors?".

Hopefully it will be in game, especially as its already available and I have yet to hear anything about the commercial version of OR being shipped (which is what I hope to get).

I have an old Logitech 3D pro which I may attach to the PC to test the Alpha of ED, my main rig is the CH Fighterstick Pro with Pedals and Throttle :).

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom