PSA: War in Carcosa

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I wish we had more conflicts, more involved parties, more public visibility, more RP-elements. The more people see conflict as an opportunity to have an actual, involving game with emergent content (no, not being clobbered by murderhobos) that has story potential the better. Not conflict out to obliterate another party or drive the players away, but I don't see that here.

On the criminal side, the region is small enough that getting bounties with certain organisations that you don't wish to pay off (or are too notorious to pay off) can lock you out of a lot of services. The difference between Carcosa being a free system for criminals with decent services, and a bounty in Carcosa also locking you out of services at other stations too (like the manufactured materials trader at Foster Terminal) could be quite significant.
(It would have been considerably more significant had Frontier decided to implement "independent" superpower bounties ... or if at some future point Colonia organises itself as an administrative superpower ... or if Jaques decides to take over everywhere)

This has been one of my favorite parts of Colonia. There are several systems I'm hostile in due to reputation. Can't just pop down to Foster Terminal either without patching up my reputation with EN.

Consequences for my actions! Who knew.

Ratty squeals "They've taken this Crime & Punishment thing waaaayyy to far this time!!!"
Why? Last I heard we're all at notoriety 0 again 😂 C&P too far my arx.

By the way, I interdicted a relative unexperienced CMDR today in Carcosa in a Mining Asp (you know who I mean, gg (y))
After submitting, immediately stopping, answering my questions and a scan of his vessel he was of course free to go.
This is how it should be.

Check in game? I think it's right away. Someone running a reporting program needs to run through the system to update databases.
Yes, it actually required re-logging.
I like what you've done with the place!
What's next???

Edit: Is chartographic data useful now? how much and in how many doses, or not?

Edit 2: Sorry for this continuous editing, I've got around 950ml CG. I'd like to keep some for LYR (x3). Please choose wisely.

Here we go :)

Sorry - VR Screenie

Yes, it actually required re-logging.
I like what you've done with the place!
What's next???

Edit: Is chartographic data useful now? how much and in how many doses, or not?

Edit 2: Sorry for this continuous editing, I've got around 950ml CG. I'd like to keep some for LYR (x3). Please choose wisely.

Right now our sole focus is repairing the Nameless' influence in Carcosa. That means mission running plus selling exploration data and commodities at Robardin Rock or Amber Dock.

I'm not sure off hand what the ideal amount of exploration data is these days. Check the BGS forum!

Hope I won't be late to the party. I'll be coming in with some 5-600M or more (judging by what I made on my leg from Bubble to Sag A*) worth of data, assuming I don't die. But I'm 25K Ly out so whole Colonia could be overrun by Thargoids by the time I get there.

By the way, is Robardin Rock a station/outpost or a ground base? Last time I was in Colonia there was just Jaques Station and a handful of ground bases.

Hope I won't be late to the party. I'll be coming in with some 5-600M or more (judging by what I made on my leg from Bubble to Sag A*) worth of data, assuming I don't die. But I'm 25K Ly out so whole Colonia could be overrun by Thargoids by the time I get there.

By the way, is Robardin Rock a station/outpost or a ground base? Last time I was in Colonia there was just Jaques Station and a handful of ground bases.
It's an asteroid. Quite comfortable, though. The bar is always full.:)

It's an asteroid base.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom