PSA: War in Carcosa

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
you got me wondering if there's something to this mode if travel.....get wanted, turn yourself in and poof.....Colonia
If you die while wanted in the lagoon nebula you get sent to the omega nebula. Sell your data, loiter on a pad, then get shot down. It only costs your rebuy :)

Maybe, if we knew where all the detention centers were that could work.
Yes, basically. I got it working in 3.0 Beta before they added the intermediate ones, Yin Yin Falcon updated it for live, and then Factabulous adjusted it for the Omega detention centre when DW2 got that added. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/colonia-prison-taxi-14k-ly-to-colonia.477424/ is the current route information.

Broadly, yes, it works ... but if you're in a 60 LY+ travel ship and using the neutron highway, you probably lose as much time going off the direct route and messing around getting a bounty as you save from the taxis. If you're in a 30 LY ship, on the other hand, you can probably almost halve your travel time.

dxm55

Banned
Yes, basically. I got it working in 3.0 Beta before they added the intermediate ones, Yin Yin Falcon updated it for live, and then Factabulous adjusted it for the Omega detention centre when DW2 got that added. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/colonia-prison-taxi-14k-ly-to-colonia.477424/ is the current route information.

Broadly, yes, it works ... but if you're in a 60 LY+ travel ship and using the neutron highway, you probably lose as much time going off the direct route and messing around getting a bounty as you save from the taxis. If you're in a 30 LY ship, on the other hand, you can probably almost halve your travel time.

Nice! Thanks for this.

Thanks yianniv- I haven't got guardian stuff unlocked so where you have guardian I have hull or module reinforcement, all engineered. My Corvette also runs G5 thermal prismatic shields. It gives some 5,000+ mjs of shields with 50% ish thermal. My utility mounts are all shield boosters, all G5 of differing types to max resistances
Before changing to Bi-weave I was using prismatics, too (thermal resistant with thermo block). Its MUCH better this way, the resistances, although diminishing as you add them, are crazy strong. I've not felt in danger of losing shields in the 4 fights since installing them. I'm tempted to remove 2 Guardian shield reinforcements to get some limpets and collector for mats, but they are not so high grade (the mats) and I'm more focused on winning the battles this time.
If you have the mats, I strongly recommend using a similar configuration to my own. So far it's perfect, considering I play PVE in solo and medium intensity.

Before changing to Bi-weave I was using prismatics, too (thermal resistant with thermo block). Its MUCH better this way, the resistances, although diminishing as you add them, are crazy strong. I've not felt in danger of losing shields in the 4 fights since installing them. I'm tempted to remove 2 Guardian shield reinforcements to get some limpets and collector for mats, but they are not so high grade (the mats) and I'm more focused on winning the battles this time.
If you have the mats, I strongly recommend using a similar configuration to my own. So far it's perfect, considering I play PVE in solo and medium intensity.

Thanks, I might try that, my load out looks like this at the moment-

Thanks, I might try that, my load out looks like this at the moment-
I'm no ship expert, it's usually what I pick up in the forums or googling...
If you feel comfortable in your build, keep using it. I was previously using something like this, which was mainly for BH and HazRes. But I don't think I'll go back to that again for CZ. I prefer Bi-Weaves, as it turned out. Also, I suggest changing one of your small hardpoints to turreted long range pulse with emmisive, because it "highlights" the targets and gives the rest of your hardpoints better target time.

I had to harvest the shield boosters from the rest of my fleet in Colonia because I'm out of imperial shielding for G5 Res. Augm. If, however, you can spare the mats, try something similar with my setup. I don't think you'll regret it.:)

I'm no ship expert, it's usually what I pick up in the forums or googling...
If you feel comfortable in your build, keep using it. I was previously using something like this, which was mainly for BH and HazRes. But I don't think I'll go back to that again for CZ. I prefer Bi-Weaves, as it turned out. Also, I suggest changing one of your small hardpoints to turreted long range pulse with emmisive, because it "highlights" the targets and gives the rest of your hardpoints better target time.

I had to harvest the shield boosters from the rest of my fleet in Colonia because I'm out of imperial shielding for G5 Res. Augm. If, however, you can spare the mats, try something similar with my setup. I don't think you'll regret it.:)
Just don't use your build in open, as the low mj combined with the lack of SCBs means you have less then half of my build's raw mj, and your resistances mean nothing against plasma attacks. You have only 2/3 of the shields of my PvP FdL. So you gonna get killed or driven away quite fast ;)

Just don't use your build in open, as the low mj combined with the lack of SCBs means you have less then half of my build's raw mj, and your resistances mean nothing against plasma attacks. You have only 2/3 of the shields of my PvP FdL. So you gonna get killed or driven away quite fast ;)
Oh, I know, my friend. I wouldn't dream of visiting open in this (besides, I've so much cartographic data to sell, I wouldn't risk it in any ship;)). Thanks for the tip, though!

Hmmm, didn't think of that, this is the first time I've played consistently in open, I think my ships will need a rebuild!

Any tips on best load outs for open? PvP, mine are all set up for PvE

Sounds iffy. Too bad we don't get reliable statements on that cheating stuff.

I switched from fixed efficient beams to gimballed lightweight beams on my 'Vette on Monday and it works wonders on my time-to-kill.
I was afraid the CZ NPCs chaff too much, but combined with my seeker/rail loadout I can keep them constantly under pressure even if chaffing.
Nice side effect is I can effortlessly fire SCBs while firing the lightweight beams, the synergy of lightweight with thermal vent is awesome.

Oh, and it's R-O-B-A-R-D-I-N Rock. Although Bombardin sounds good too 😂
Bombardin from now on, rgr that.

Hmmm, didn't think of that, this is the first time I've played consistently in open, I think my ships will need a rebuild!

Any tips on best load outs for open? PvP, mine are all set up for PvE
Generally you want to adapt to the current PA / kinetic meta. That means people will trying to kill you either with plasma/rail fire or with massed gimballed frags.
So you want to raise your absolute shield mj as high as possible, and hold up your kinetic resistance, too. If you fly a medium or small, keep at least one chaff.
Double MRP is mandatory, so you can fight until your shields break and then escape before they shoot out your FSD. Armored powerplant is mandatory, too, shielded FSD is nice to have. Coincidentally a thermal resist shield which is great for PvE stinks in PvP a bit against a reinforced.
Weapons depends on what you can hit with, if you can consistently hit with Plasma, that's the thing to go. Otherwise gimballed weapons for time-on-target. Seekers and an emissive weapon to make hull tanks/ silent builds suffer.
That's my modus operandi though, I'm just a dabbler in PvP.

edit: oh and at least one feedback rail to keep enemies from banking is near-mandatory, too.

Oh, I know, my friend. I wouldn't dream of visiting open in this (besides, I've so much cartographic data to sell, I wouldn't risk it in any ship;)). Thanks for the tip, though!
I dare say you can run in open in Carcosa quite safe at the moment * chuckles *
As long as you fly the correct colors that is.
I have never felt so safe in an anarchy in this game 😂

After a little bit of searching I found this:

Which should help anyone, like me, who is a PvE person being smashed to pieces in PvP.

Many thanks Bigmaec, I'm now debating spending this evening re-equipping my ships or just carry on regardless. Despite the odd interdiction which I've run from otherwise I'm making hay in the CZ
Listen to ryan_m17, he's one of the best (gankers 😂) in game, and gives sound advice. Sadly the anti-PvP crowd drove him from the Forums.

Deleted member 182079

D
Managed to find a 3rd working medium CZ instance last night, and lost it unfortunately:( Reason being, I re-built my Vulture but with gimballed burst laser (phasing sequence)/MC (incendiary) combo, which did jack all vs the bullet sponge enemies, and with 3-4 enemy spec ops fighting unhindered I couldn't do much. Normally I'd use twin phasing-plasmas or twin fixed double shot frags/pacifiers but decided against them due to ammo restrictions. Maybe I should give them a go before I go back using my Vette.

The Vette is a hybrid with a prismatic shield, backed up by 2 SCBs and packed with armour, so can survive long enough unless it draws fire from a handful ships concurrently. Then a brief retreat to recharge shields works well enough.

I've previously used pack-hounds on the medium hardpoints, but am a bit worried about using them in a busy CZ - had a couple of incidents where I accidently hit a green ship so had to bail pretty quickly as a result. But man, they're so much fun and once enemy's shields are dropped they make mince out of external modules, which is quite nice.

Currently running 2 huge thermal vent efficient beams, 2 small and one large MC, and a couple of medium pulse lasers (one with scramble spectrum, the other emissive). I'm not convinced those two latter modules do all that much so am tempted to replace them with rockets, on the other hand I have a restock problem with the pack hounds. I guess I could try standard missiles but they're not as much fun:/ All in all though, my current build is pretty solid against PvE, and hasn't been taken out by another player (yet, famous last words) in over a year (I tend to run though once shields drop though).

Not very good with fixed weapons as I play on an Xbox pad - but any tips with outfitting hardpoints would be appreciated, especially for CZs as I don't have that much experience with those yet.

My thoughts on this at the minute is that a PvE ship is very helpful in the CZ's, I started in my Gunship but bought in my Corvette for the speed I can melt through NPCs.

However, the times I have met hostile PvP I've not lasted any time at all, although in truth almost everyone I've met has been fighting with The Nameless.

For now I think I'm going to stick with my Corvette as it is. Once this civil war finishes I'll re-equip for PvE and see if I can find some friendly people to practice with who will stop in time so I can limp my ship back to station and repair - otherwise I might find a use for all those Void Opal credits!

Great night last night for me since I seem to have been lucky and didn't have the same technical issues others seem to have had. The Cutter is shredding through the ships in the CZ, twin OC Pacifiers are making short work of anything Asp sized or bigger.

Lost count of the victories, no defeats yet and enough spec ops ships destroyed to give Carcosa A1 a metallic ring around it.

Bring on tonight.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom