PVP Interdiction question

Get used to it. It is purposely designed in this broken way, unfortunately.
Interdictions should be a test of skill not a means to force an unwanted confrontation.
Even though, every now and then I manage to win, it's 98% rigged in favor of the perpetrator.

Thanks for the realistic immersion FDev!

X.

Get used to it. It is purposely designed in this broken way, unfortunately.
Interdictions should be a test of skill not a means to force an unwanted confrontation.
Even though, every now and then I manage to win, it's 98% rigged in favor of the perpetrator.

Thanks for the realistic immersion FDev!

X.
I don't see anything immersion breaking about it. Anyway, remember that those who interdict you are doing nothing else all day long. Even if it would be 100% skill based and not 90% like it is now, you would probably still lose most interdictions.
By the way, I always win against NPCs and often lose against players. So I guess there is some skill involved.

I don't know if this has been tweaked out because I haven't done player-on-player interdiction in years, but controller choice also used to be a significant factor. If you were flying with HOTAS or an Xbox controller and the other guy was using finely-tuned mouse and keyboard controls, he would have the advantage. Even with the best tuning curves and the steadiest hands, controllers would often overshoot and oscillate around the sweet spot on the reticle. Whereas a good mouse and fine muscle control could keep it centered forever.

As others have said, best policy is to assume you're going to lose and plan accordingly. Some players do get better at the mini-game with practice, but you'd need to get together with some friends and practise interdiction techniques with them. Pracitising against NPCs is largely pointless; the mechanics are very different.

Top Bottom