Python MK II Modules Known Issue

Lauren May

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
We are aware of an issue affecting some players when changing core modules - the team are working on a fix for this.

In the meantime, purchasing a new module for the desired internal slot and swapping to the stored one you wish to use, will solve this.

Thanks for your patience o7

So, to clarify: At this moment you can't install an existing module you have in storage into your Python Mk II (it will just say "incompatible slot"). Apparently this wasn't intended?

You can still purchase a module and then swap that with the existing module, as a temporary workaround.

So, to clarify: At this moment you can't install an existing module you have in storage into your Python Mk II (it will just say "incompatible slot"). Apparently this wasn't intended?

You can still purchase a module and then swap that with the existing module, as a temporary workaround.
Oddly - I was able to do most of the refit on the base P2 with stock from FC storage.
Then nipped to Jameson and bought / stored the remainder I never had, shipped them out and completed.

I can't see it making a difference but I bought the posh P2 and a base one at the same time. (the pre-build unlocks the base - and permits ship kit & PJ to be used on the base version also!)

I hovered so long I'd bought it before the update finished loading... But I'd already made the decision - avoided the rush / crash too!
I'd need to juggle my stored modules to use the workaround without losing anything is the problem. For now, I'll carry on engineering SCO drives, plus an extra 1 for the Py2 when they fix the module problem.

Unconfirmed but, module swap might work if you have shipyard/outfitting enabled in your FC. In my case I do not so I jumped to a nearby station and bought any old replacement module available that would fit. Jumped back to my carrier, installed the modules I had in storage, and sold the placeholder ones (as I'm hitting the 200 limit always).

Thanks Lauren and mod team for the quick workaround.

PS: did I mentioned the new Python is a fantastic flyer? Superb handling, best weapons convergence I've seen, sweet engine/boost sounds.

Unconfirmed but, module swap might work if you have shipyard/outfitting enabled in your FC. In my case I do not so I jumped to a nearby station and bought any old replacement module available that would fit. Jumped back to my carrier, installed the modules I had in storage, and sold the placeholder ones (as I'm hitting the 200 limit always).

Thanks Lauren and mod team for the quick workaround.

PS: did I mentioned the new Python is a fantastic flyer? Superb handling, best weapons convergence I've seen, sweet engine/boost sounds.
Confirmed: The same bug exists on fleet carriers.

I already sold the modules I didn't want for 0 credits, no big deal.

Agreed, the new python is lots of fun (Stellar edition anyhow).

Hi so I bought the posh P2, but I cant swap out the Core internals ( PP, Thrusters, PD) for existing engineered ones I already have. Is that intended? Or is there a way around this?

I can confirm module swapping works in this way. However, side question, there doesn't seem to be any Python Mk2 bulkheads available anywhere, nor are the ships available in any shipyard that Inara says they are at. Is this a bug? Or am I missing something? I'd like to use the Python Mk2 for thargoid combat but I can't swap find where to buy military composite armor for it

I picked up military composites at Attlius Orbital in CD-43 11917. I imagine they are available at Jameson Memorial in Shinrarta Dezhra too. If you don't have the permits for those systems then give I Sola Prospect in Brestla a whirl. Historically, they've stocked all ships and modules there.

Last edited:
I picked up military composites at Attlius Orbital in CD-43 11917. I imagine they are available at Jameson Memorial in Shinrarta Dezhra too. If you don't have the permits for those systems then give Sola Prospect in Brestla a whirl. Historically, they've stocked all ships and modules there.
I don't have permits for those, as I'm just a casual player unfortunately. But I'll give Brestla a try! Thanks for the tip! :)

Top Bottom