Python MK II Modules Known Issue

I want to play but servers still down ????
It states back by 07:40 utc it is now 08:41 utc

Last edited:
So, there are still issues with modules post today's lenghty maintenance? or i'm assuming too much by thinking something was fixed during the maintenance (besides titans going berzerk)

So, there are still issues with modules post today's lenghty maintenance? or i'm assuming too much by thinking something was fixed during the maintenance (besides titans going berzerk)
Probably the latter.

With this post in mind.

I'll find out tonight. I bought another Stellar P2 last night (for my third commander), but only swapped one of the modules out. I'll see if I can swap in a stored ADC tonight.

Edit: Nope, it's still broken.

Last edited:
I'm not exactly sure why engineering needs to be made easier. If it's made purely easier, without any balancing drawbacks, then it would be, once again, just pure power creep.

Well, I suppose a ton of people complain about the engineering for some reason. I never quite understood the reasoning, as it just sounds like "I need to grind the game in order to get the highest-grade endgame stuff". Something that's quite common in MMOs. What exactly are they expecting? Getting all the highest-grade stuff from the get-go without any kind of effort? Make ED into CS:GO? Just make it an outright arena shooter in space?

News flash: Some of us don't mind the need for grinding. It gives that sense of getting a reward for your effort. You aren't given everything for free, but you have to actually earn it by doing some work. It doesn't feel even close as rewarding if you don't need to put any effort into it. Some of us don't play this game as just a glorified version of ED:Arena.

Well, I suppose a ton of people complain about the engineering for some reason. I never quite understood the reasoning, as it just sounds like "I need to grind the game in order to get the highest-grade endgame stuff". Something that's quite common in MMOs. What exactly are they expecting? Getting all the highest-grade stuff from the get-go without any kind of effort?
Yes. I think this will be the reason why we will now get "balanced" engineering in such a way that it will be almost impossible to do with just in-game activity, but really easy to do with ARX. This will help the game by means of generating income for FDev. And it will give those "i want everything now" dudes a way to do it: by paying.

One way I can imagine it being achieved is by actually increasing the mat costs in ship-engineering to the level of on-foot engineering, while simultaneously removing the - now largely comical - "gambling" part. The next thing is the x3 drop of material gathering. This might be reduced to x1 again. Similar to on-foot engineering, G5ing e.g. an FSD for increased range will then take weeks, not hours. If the RNG drop-rate for higher-tier mats is then also reduced to what we see on-foot, the scheme is complete: painfully long grind for almost essential engineering, thus a strong incentive to buy e.g. a material package with ARX.

Now, instead of making one big drop of that hammer to the community, do it in fine doses in order to avoid critic. Everything above can be done one after the other. E.g. first remove the gambling part, just increase the mat costs a little bit, let's say where you had to do 4 rolls with x1 mat in G4 before, you now need no rolls, just unlock with say x3 mats. People will be happy, because it looks like a net buff, and it removes the hated random part. Then, after some time, "re-balance" and remove the x3 dropping to the x1 dropping. Might spark some critic, but that will quickly fizzle out. Then increase the mat cost bit by bit, like in that G4 recipe, just add 1 for a x4 mat. Later on still, make the "rare" mats really rare like e.g. opinion polls or SDPs.

Concurrently to this plan rolling out, populate the store with convenience offerings, like fully engineered modules, material-packages, or even gambling elements like e.g. 10 free random engineering effects for just 10k ARX.

I think this would maximize income, while still keeping most of the community.

Top Bottom