Ships Python Owners' Thread

Hello everyone, with all the Vulture and fer-de-lance appreciation threads around, I figured the Python needed some love. On this thread you can discuss builds, share screenshots, discuss why the Python dominates fer-de-lances and will put the future federal assault and gunship pilots to shame ;) all while telling the many stories your Python has to offer!

My Python build, the ANV "Constitution": http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=A050,...Ow0Bcg0,,7US07k407k404-4008c06D2013q013q01IW0

Last edited:
Ahh, another friend of the Python. I like this ship because it offers me just anything I want about a ship: can destroy everything, is hard to kill, agile enough to not have to rely on turrets, versatile with its configuration and roles. Yeah, basically what you expect from a multi-role ship in the higher credit range ;) Although I use mine almost exclusively for combat as I traded in classic hauling ships and stopped it at the exact moment I had the full A-rated Python and 50m cash hoping never to see weeks of trading again ^^. But I like the opportunity to switch if I need and I'm one of those guys owning only one ship (will change if a transport function will hopefully be introduced, I have no base/homeworld or similar). I'm not sure if I will ever sell it, the ship I want next has yet to come.
Only downside for me is the pretty low jumprange. But that's true for many ships, I would love to get a flat +5Ly on every ship, but that's just me and another topic ;)

I use this setup at the moment: http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=705,5...,31B69Y7_6QB69s8I,7UJ16y16y16y7gy7fO7fO7fO9qI

Frankly I can't tell you any special stories of my trusty Python. It just shredds through anything and can escape any struggle even in high intensity combat zones, I've yet to be destroyed in a battle, but some situations were pretty close. Died once through a capital pilot error though, won't deny that ;)

PS: If you like to read a wall of text, you may wanna read my Python loadout thread where I described in detail why I use what: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=144364

Last edited:
The Python is a beast. When I solo combat or protest zones nothing else can really match it 1:1.

Right now I'm experimenting with an all beam turret solution (because I can!) and with a mix of turrets nothing can really escape- small ships like Sidewinders, Eagles and below fry in seconds, annoying pests ships like Vipers and Cobras have no where to hide. Larger ships take slightly more time, but again the turrets do the firing while I can make life difficult for the enemy.

Heat is a problem, but with an A7 PP and good dist the juice keeps on flowing.

With 1.4 rule changes, adding bulkheads and armour the thing will be a nightmare.

I'm ready to buy my python although i'm struggling to find a port that sells them. Any advice?

I'm not sure where You are at, but I just bought my new Consular Ship at Lembava for the 15% discount on the ship and it's equipment. Lembava and the surrounding systems didn't have all of the class D equipment I was looking for (I was optimizing for jump range), but there was a decent variety of all except Class 5 shield generators.

For my part:
I love that I can have a greater hauling capacity than a T-7, and still manage to land on Medium pads for outpost hopping. I use my Python, Blue Hope III (see my Signature), for Transport activites in Power Play; and it lets me get everywhere I need to go, carrying all of the Political Cargo I need to carry, and can defend itself in a pinch. The Enforcer Cannons are a backup weapon system, very light weight, and as icons of the Prenav Antal faction, fit my theme.
I have a feeling that i will be customizing a few different Pythons over the next few weeks. One for Military Mining, one for Piracy, and (just for fun) one for heavy combat; even though I use my FDL for that role.

I LOVE this ship,
Ambassador Kaze

Last edited:
Not sure exactly where I bought the ship but it was a high tech systems aligned to Li Yong Rui like Gladutjin, NLTT 13249, PLX 695, Jadlillke and 109 Piscium for 15% discount on ships and equipment

@ Adeptus Kaze try a 5A power plant it'll run cooler and add some jump range too.

Last edited:
Not sure exactly where I bought the ship but it was a high tech systems aligned to Li Yong Rui like Gladutjin, NLTT 13249, PLX 695, Jadlillke and 109 Piscium for 15% discount on ships and equipment

@ Adeptus Kaze try a 5A power plant it'll run cooler and add some jump range too.

Neat! :D

EDIT: I will do this later in the week; right now all spare credits are going to PP. ;)

Last edited:
Just joined the club a few days ago, been working towards it for a long time :D

Here's a selfie from the current CG.

2015-09-05_00002 (3).jpg

She's fully A rated with 3x3G Pulse Lasers & 2x2T Burst Lasers.

Last edited:
I've had mine for a while but only recently really appreciated what a great ship it is. Since throwing A grade gear at it, I haven't flown anything else.. A beautifully balanced ship, capable of just about anything you can throw at it. Looking forward to doing some deep exploration in her.. and a few kills along the way ;)

LOST Python: please return to owner?

I had worked long and hard for my new Python; weeks in fact. It gives me a way to transport around 200 PP like the Transport type 7, but has some firepower to fight if I get interdicted. I am in a bad way at the moment and am waiting for Frontier to get back to me. I had just finished fully upgrading it and was trying to get a feel for the trick on how to fly it. I was used to the super maneuverability of my Vulture so I needed some practice with this new larger beast ;) Just about an hour ago I got blown up while in combat doing some bounty hunting. I was a bit annoyed, but wasn't worried since I always make sure to have enough credits to buy it back by paying the insurance cost. I went through the insurance screen and literally screamed when the next thing I knew I was at the starting point of the game in a Sidewinder!!! :eek: My Python was worth over 130 million credits the way I had it decked out and I couldn't believe that what was probably a simple mistaken click could have lost it so easily.! I have asked Frontier for help because honestly this mistake has left a bitter taste in my mouth. I don't even understand why there is the option to not pay the insurance cost if you have it. Oh sure, I'll just throw away dozens or even hundreds of millions of credits! I just wrecked and totaled my Ferrari, but I would just love it if you would instead give me a 50cc scooter to replace it! I have heard good things about Frontier helping the players out on such problems, so I have high hopes.

Best all around ship in the game by a wide margin. Can't get enough of mine.

Other ships are only interesting in comparison when you really want to specialize in one particular area.

I had worked long and hard for my new Python; weeks in fact. It gives me a way to transport around 200 PP like the Transport type 7, but has some firepower to fight if I get interdicted. I am in a bad way at the moment and am waiting for Frontier to get back to me. I had just finished fully upgrading it and was trying to get a feel for the trick on how to fly it. I was used to the super maneuverability of my Vulture so I needed some practice with this new larger beast ;) Just about an hour ago I got blown up while in combat doing some bounty hunting. I was a bit annoyed, but wasn't worried since I always make sure to have enough credits to buy it back by paying the insurance cost. I went through the insurance screen and literally screamed when the next thing I knew I was at the starting point of the game in a Sidewinder!!! :eek: My Python was worth over 130 million credits the way I had it decked out and I couldn't believe that what was probably a simple mistaken click could have lost it so easily.! I have asked Frontier for help because honestly this mistake has left a bitter taste in my mouth. I don't even understand why there is the option to not pay the insurance cost if you have it. Oh sure, I'll just throw away dozens or even hundreds of millions of credits! I just wrecked and totaled my Ferrari, but I would just love it if you would instead give me a 50cc scooter to replace it! I have heard good things about Frontier helping the players out on such problems, so I have high hopes.

Wow, that REALLY sucks :( . You can bring this up with support and they might compensate you... they did similar for a friend who also lost his in a similar fashion and me when I was killed by a hacker.

Best of luck!-CMDR Kbear

Yeah, I've only had "Monty, of course" for just over a week but I'm enjoying her immensely. Right now she's back in 'armoured transport' role, grinding the loops until I can't stand it anymore - by which time I'll have enuff credz to do some upgrading, then go off for some pew-pew fun.

She's no stocker, already being worth ~ 102 million :- http://coriolis.io/outfit/python/07...6i-.AwRj4yoo.AwiMIyugmYg=?bn=Monty, of course

But this is the loadout I'm aiming for - which will boost her value to over 296 million :- http://coriolis.io/outfit/python/37...6g--.AwRj4yoo.AwiMIyq1yA==?bn=Monty, Complete

As I play exclusively PvE (Mobius) I see no need for over-stacking SCBs & HRPs ;)

But what does she look like?

Well, I did shell out for a paint job. Thought I'd go for the one that says 'Don't risk it, sonny' the loudest ;)

HighResScreenShot_2015-09-06_11-26-40.jpg

Lost Python FOUND! :D

Wow, that REALLY sucks :( . You can bring this up with support and they might compensate you... they did similar for a friend who also lost his in a similar fashion and me when I was killed by a hacker.

Best of luck!-CMDR Kbear

I am very happy with Frontier's customer service. They were very kind and understanding. They reimbursed me and I now have my baby back!! :D I will have to be much more careful in the future when selecting in the insurance screen. I don't know what it is, maybe all the bright orange letters and numbers kinda blend together or something :eek:

This is my ship, the Jovial. Swap out cargo bay with shield cells, depending on what I'm doing. Mostly for beating pirates up at RES. The paintjob is just to put them off their guard.

This is my mining python. Love it.
I have occasionally stripped it down to do a trading run, but I bore of trading so quickly, yet I can Sit in a mine field firing drones at stones for ages. I love listening to music, like the stuff from Nigel Stanford while I mine.
InUse.jpg

I am very happy with Frontier's customer service. They were very kind and understanding. They reimbursed me and I now have my baby back!! :D I will have to be much more careful in the future when selecting in the insurance screen. I don't know what it is, maybe all the bright orange letters and numbers kinda blend together or something :eek:
great news and nice update.

I do like the Python. I'm working towards that big A7 power plant at the moment.
Very nearly there. Funding this by doing smuggling and combat missions and assassinations.
allthough I did feel the vulture pulled in the cress faster at Res but that was before the change.
i like the fact you can have it hauling 240 tons and be combat capable. Omg just realised with 15% off I can afford that A7 pp now and cover the insurance! Little trip for me tonight.

Top Bottom