Is also very annoying for sandbox mode. Like yeah i can turn off needs but i don't want to. I want my animals to eat and drink, but i don't want to deal with the restrictions of having to design the habitat so keepers can reach food throughs. I actually don't want keepers in my hábitats. At least for sandbox an autofill / autorefill option for the water and drink ítems should be posible.

Wouldn't removing the zookeeper from the habitat just make the role of them pointless? I get the idea with the frustration of staff traversability in habitats and whatnot but almost seems like wanting to remove the zookeeper entirely.
Unless they have real interactions with animals i can live with them doing everything from the gate and only entering to add / remove animals.

Wouldn't removing the zookeeper from the habitat just make the role of them pointless? I get the idea with the frustration of staff traversability in habitats and whatnot but almost seems like wanting to remove the zookeeper entirely.
My impression was that it would simply streamline the process of them caring for animals. Instead of them having to go in and check to see that there is a problem before acting on the issue, they just set off and fix the problem.

Is also very annoying for sandbox mode. Like yeah i can turn off needs but i don't want to. I want my animals to eat and drink, but i don't want to deal with the restrictions of having to design the habitat so keepers can reach food throughs. I actually don't want keepers in my hábitats. At least for sandbox an autofill / autorefill option for the water and drink ítems should be posible.
Automatic refills would be a great Sandbox toggle for PZ2, seconding this as well!

Keepers problem in pz can be summarized in two points:

The first is that most of it functions were given to other staffs, like searching for enrichment and moving animals around, which were give to vets and caretakers instead.
The second is that they only function in game is both buggy and extremally limitating for habitat building and animal behaviour, as this thread has show

So overall having only one function in-game and getting hate for it really hurted the zookeper, and i think that if a keeper mode is introduced in a sequel withou changes on the keeper, we might just not see then in our zoos at all.

Better model: take a page from Warhammer games. They way they work is that DLC purchased for the older game can be registered to work for newer games. To give a PZ example, players who already bought the Australia Pack for PZ1 would be able to use the building pieces and the 5 animals from that DLC pack in PZ2 without any extra costs. This is a very pro-consumer strategy and I strongly hope that Frontier looks into this model for PZ2 - added October 23rd
Updated my wishlist to include this segment.

Idk if anyone said it yet but scheduling exhibits to be rotational, and animals becoming enriched by whatever was previously in the habitat 💚🙏
+ 1 to this, North Carolina Zoo has something like this for the Chimp troops!
Another random thing I thought of today - can we do away with zookeepers actually needing to enter the habitat?

I think one of the big issues with climbing animals is the fact that most of their enrichment, aside from the climbing equipment itself, and feeders are ground-based, because keepers can't reach anything placed high up unless you add janky ramps to things. IMO this is kind of stupid. I'd like to be able to place hanging feeders in trees or on the tops of platforms to encourage climbing animals to, you know, spend most of their time climbing (in the case of truly arboreal species - koalas, gibbons, binturong and the like). I think that if they weren't coming down for food, then it might help the algorithm keep them in the trees.
+1 +1 +1 +1 +1

I have an example of this: I was trying to make an indoor rainforest for some gibbons of mine. Tried to place enrichment items and food up high. I couldn’t, because the keepers “had to reach them”. I’m all for animal realism in PZ, but the keepers janky hitbox/ traversal/ and AI actually causes me issues.

Yeah the keepers would largely be set pieces, just walking up to habitat entrances and everything is magically fixed. But I would honestly prefer that, as it would free up building!
In general I want animal behaviours to be more realistic, even if it is "boring". I'd be perfectly happy if my lions spend half the in-game time just sleeping, or if my crocodiles spent most of their time floating in one spot or basking under a heat lamp (by the way, can you believe we never got a heat lamp enrichment item? So many animals use them!).
+1, actually the animals constantly moving (especially the carnivores) makes them appear to be stressed. Happy animals would relax more!
And another thing - hitboxes. Like, we know that the reason hitboxes are so janky is because animals need be able to turn 360degrees in any given space, at least I'm pretty sure that was the stated reason. If it's possible, it would be nice if the game could figure out the next possible spot to do a turn around, and go there if it can't turn where it is. Boom, no more huge doors for tiny animals (also, I don't know how true this is, but it often seems like Frontier doesn't adjust hitboxes after using the 'base' rig, so small animals retain the huge hitbox of whatever animal they were originally).
+1 again, micromanaging builds because my capuchin monkey is actually the size of a 2m x 2m x 2m box is very annoying.

In actual zoos, the zookeepers take an active part in educational talks and demonstrations. So I think PZ2 may be able to combine those 2 roles in a hopefully greatly expanded education aspect for PZ2.

Right, but in a real zoo, what habitats do you see the keepers actually enter? They aren't wandering around hoovering up poop with tigers wandering around, are they? The tigers get locked away, the keepers go in. Often they use pulley systems to put food up high to encourage the tigers to climb for their meal. Most often you see them either doing the job of the in-game educators or around the zoo doing their thing. We can't really temporarily lock animals away in-game because otherwise they'd always be locked away. The keepers would still be preparing food and they could add other little duties.

But if them entering the habitat is really important then at least let's make it so they don't have to wander around the whole thing.

+1 to all you said. I have been thinking of some ideas too, for zookeepers:

• Zookeepers don't need a gate to enter a habitat where the fence is <1m high.
  • Zookeepers can throw food into a habitat from a distance up to 4m.
  • Animals can drink from water bodies in their habitat.

For realistic behaviours, I'd say:
  • Koalas, binturongs, monkeys, gibbons, orangutans and other arboreal animals spend most of their time climbing.
  • Koalas sleep most of the time. When they are awake, their approval rating skyrockets.
  • Gorillas, chimpanzees and bonobo groups have one alpha male that looks physically distinct. When the alpha male dies, the healthiest male in the group takes over this role.
  • Komodo dragons and pangolins are able to climb slopes up to 45 degrees.
animals already drink from water bodies in planet zoo 1 are you saying you want to see that again or asking for something new.
it wouldnt they would still need to things just not enter the habitat to do it

I'd already started a QoL / PZ2 Franchise specific list elsewhere but I'll give the basics here.

Exit to Franchise, from zoo, and then Exit to Main Menu.
As a Franchise only player it is so annoying to being sent back to the main menu when switching Franchise Zoos.

Central Franchise Bank
Similar to the conservation points, it would be good to have some sort of central gold fund. That way more established zoos can help fund the newer zoos or any zoos that would work better with external or indirect funding.

Franchise Trading without going into a zoo
Sometimes I need to just trade out excess animals before I can start work on any zoo due to storage space. The ability to quickly check trades and re set them up would be useful.

Franchise Trade Building Upgrades to allow more storage
Mechanic based researchable upgrades that enable us to expand our storage over time.

Franchise Trading Time Extensions
Increased trading window.

Franchise Partners
Allows us to create a partnership with a limited number of people for more direct/selective trading.

I hope we get a re-work of the animal trade system, but a specific upgrade would be to search based on appeal rating.
So I can search:
  • Based on fertility(for example) rating
  • Only Silver Rated

I'd also like to add a Platinum or Diamond rating, which would be all stats at 90 or above. To really categorize those in the top tier. Not all Gold Tier animals are the same.

Man, going off that new Reddit thread I saw a good amount of the community wants more gameplay (gamification) features and others are staunchly against it! It’s kind of interesting to see play out. Was the management and building that much worse in JWE2? That’s one example I see brought up quite a bit.

Man, going off that new Reddit thread I saw a good amount of the community wants more gameplay (gamification) features and others are staunchly against it! It’s kind of interesting to see play out. Was the management and building that much worse in JWE2? That’s one example I see brought up quite a bit.
Man if people really don’t want it they can just turn it off in sandbox leave it for people who want it and want their zoos to feel alive instead of just static models. in franchise and challenge it should be on. In JWE2 they allow you to toggle that stuff in sandbox. They should do the same in pz2

Average Reddit thread then lol, there's always someone who opposes the idea or just assumes the idea Is bad because it doesn't fit the strict style of the planet series /CMS game's. Judging by jwe1 (I never bothered with jwe2 for long), the building and management aspects were bare-bones compared to what planet zoo offers. I see like a typical console style game where all the action - big dinosaurs and fun gameplay elements take priority over the little details.

Not too sure why people wouldn't want more gameplay features.
As it is, PZ is very bare-bones on gameplay features. If you don't want more, just play Sandbox - it's really not that much different.

Back
Top Bottom