Questions needed - Beta Discussion Livestream with Sandy Sammarco

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Hello Sandro & FDev crew,

My first question will be regarding PowerPlay, a lot of our members have strong concerns with the security response change and having no way to gather intel through the Top 5 bounty boards per control system. This is going to spell chaos and instability for almost all 11 Powers. If that cannot be properly fixed, can we see the return of regular Security response in 3.0?

My second question, if you are able, will be about the Material trader ratio for cross-branch exchange and upward exchange, I have a thread separately discussing it in-detail; can the 6:1 ratio be modified to 4:1 for each Grade up, and going from one Material branch to another material branch change from 6:1 to 3:1?

Currently have loads of combat ships, in Beyond Q4 update we will be getting new exploration mechanics and the codex. Is there any chance of the three main superpowers all releasing there own exploration ship?

Imperial Explorer.
Federation Pathfinder.
Alliance Discovery.

With some ships getting minor buffs for 3.0, would it be possible for the Asp Explorer to get review? (...)

I think upsizing the FSD to C6 would be too much, so maybe just a hull mass reduction to give it a bit more jump range?

Shhhhh it's never too much 😓

Here are questions:

#1----------------------------
Could you go into detail as to what Chieftan was based on and how in the lore this ship fits in?
From the artist side : what was the thinking process of making the design for it and what where the driving motives?!

I like the look and it's soo untypical for Lakon i think something's not right here.. or is this my paranoia talking... no stupid spoilers or other useless crap, but actually streamlined and beautiful thing!

#2----------------------------
Are there any stats that will change for chieftain for the release?

#3----------------------------
Will we get more module storage space?
if not RIOT! =}

#4----------------------------
Will the exchange ratios change (to smaller numbers)?

#5----------------------------
What is this "personal narrative" exactly Sandy talked about?

#6----------------------------
Will tech broker weapons be moved out of EPERIMENTAL category?
..and will any of the experimental weapons get bigger/smaller versions?
OH and in any case : will we see new UI for outfitting? (current one can barely sustain the tools and things you have put in it!)

Last edited:
Currently have loads of combat ships, in Beyond Q4 update we will be getting new exploration mechanics and the codex. Is there any chance of the three main superpowers all releasing there own exploration ship?

Imperial Explorer.
Federation Pathfinder.
Alliance Discovery.

That's not a question about 3.0 but one for future Beyond updates.

But yes I'd love to know the answer to this as well!!!

Hi Ed,
Firstly a thank you for increasing storage of materials and data. Secondly a thank you for FDs efforts to improve planets, as an explorer these are very welcome.
In relation to exploration, are you aware that in excess of 1500 CMDR'S have signed up to Distant Worlds 2 expedition and do you think FD will be able to support the Event by facilitating dynamic CGs during their 4 months mission (due to start Q4)?

Is there anything being done to increase the stability of multicrew? Or to make disconnects on inter-system jumps whilst in crew more graceful?

Last edited:
Question: Why did you make the dark side of planets actually dark and then take that away without explanation?

It is very jarring to approach a planet from the dark side, see it black and then as you enter OC, see the gamma levels shoot up.

It's our fantastic huds, they magnify the light

What does major, normal and minor volcanism means as this is not shown in game, only in the journal (and now as part of Beyond will be reflected by colour of the surface) Does it actually mean more/less geysers??

Question: There are volcanic sites missing in the beta, will they return when 3.0 is released?

background info:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...are-not-Present-in-Beta?p=6381986#post6381986

These are all good questions I'd like to ask myself. As well as those I'd like to ask these myself:

1) With color changes to planets, I'm sure traffic to these worlds will increase and as such these black squares are going to become much more popular. Have you been able to find the cause and how soon do you think it'll be until we can expect a fix?

2) Perhaps a question that can't be answered but how many different types of Organics are there in the galaxy and how many have we found, so far I know we have found the Bark Mounds, Guardian Trees, Barnacles, and Pumpkin looking guys but just how many are there to find and any in games clues as to where to begin this type of search, I mean it's been a while since that guardian teaser teased these coral looking guys and yet we are completely oblivious to where to even begin. :)

3)With the ability for planets to reflect major, minor and standard volcanism types will there be a way to better detect areas of geological activity. On top of which a way to differentiate the colors to match the chemical type of the volcanism.

4)Are the types of volcanism on a planet restricted to what is in the logs and system info map, or can a planet hold different types of volcanims, like silicate, carbon, and water all on the same planet, or even fumaroles, geysers and lava spouts all on one?

5) Finally, and this may be coming down the line with the Codex but will there be a way to scan geological sites to get further information on just exactly what type of volcanism we are looking at...and maybe a few credits for the scan.

Thank you and I appreciate any answers you can provide. Thank you for all the hard work you have put into bringing this wonderful world alive and I very much look forward to what the future has in store.

Last edited:
In the previous engineering system it was possible (through special effects) to fit a Class 5 shield on an Imperial Cutter. Are there any plans to allow this kind of modification in the new system?

pecfront.jpg

Will Powerplay get updates this year in Beyond?

Great work on removing grandfathered thermal load reduction advantages from rail guns, by making these reductions available to all in 3.0.

Will you do the same for plasma accelerator thermal load and also consider other remaining types of secondary reduction advantages, such as to mass and power?

Last edited:
Loving the new features in beta :)

* As Mk 1 eyeball is now near useless on the dark side of worlds would the design team be willing to consider an addition to the orbit lines toggle that drew 'chams' for objects on the ground? I'm not sure on the correct graphics term for these, I'm thinking of the model outlines rendered in FPS games to indicate for example the player that just killed you. This isn't a complaint about the dark side being actually dark, that's great for realism and immersion.

* With dx11 support arriving in Wine, would your team be interested in following CCP's approach of providing an unsupported guide to running the game on linux/bsd under Wine? While I understand that the numbers on the linux market share look very low it will always remain that way while the games people really want to play are not available.

o7 hugs to the team

Powerplay

Is Powerplay going to be looked at this season? The current state of this mechanic is bad and tends to go over players head because its so bad implemented, can it ever go Open play only? If not why?

Either way, great job for this season so far! Loving 3.0

Last edited:
I'm interested in potential updates to Powerplay as well. I would like to see some mission generation integrated with Powerplay, as we saw in one of the early trailers for it.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom