Random Island Generator

JPOG was in better terms pretty simple islands, I am not a developer, but you can tell the level of detail of the islands is no where near other games at the time.

Yeah exactly, it all comes back to the fact the islands are randomly generated, you just can’t get the same amount of detail from a map randomly made vs one made using the devkit as it’s not done by a script that doesn’t know what looks right and what doesn’t.

I absolutely agree that asking for Planet Coaster level customization of buildings etc is a console-players worst nightmare. haha

Moreover, I also agree with you that there are certainly ways of increasing the level of customization that we currently have. Namely, if we're able to place down and design a fairly intricate pathing and fence system, surely we could also place down uncustomizable logs, rocks, bridges, etc.
Currently, the enclosure design options are fairly lackluster. Again though, I have faith that this will be addressed down the line.

I REALLY would love 1993 JP features.

I’d love some more in-depth terrain design tools! As it’s more of a ‘brush’ mechanic right now (as in we can’t seem to place individual trees and the like down) I could see them adding logs and rocks as cosmetic terrain decorations around the trees or in the lakes when you use the brush as it would be quite easy (provided the collisions are done right so the animals don’t glitch out lol).

Bridges could be quite easy too as the path building is similar to Planet Coaster’s which has the ability to build bridges and that was a very easy tool to use. Maybe they’d add it if they make an Aquatic DLC as a way to look into marine exhibits?

There’s no way that there won’t be a JP DLC, it’s probably the most easy to add as it’s essentially just a reskin of assets already in the game and it’s also likely to be the most popular. Basing my experience with Planet Coaster and their DLC’s they already do this a lot so it would be entirely possible for the method to be done in JWE too.

Top Bottom