Ranking the areas still requiring animals

So, I think we have more or less an answer as to which part of the world we will look this time:
Eurasia.png

Will greens turn into blues? Or yellows into greens?
We will know soon.

My predictions for the changes so far. Temperate Europe, Himalayas and Indian savanhah will go from yellow to green. While East Asia and Central Asia go from green to blue.

Imo Indian savannah stays yellow. Despite getting the sloth bear, its main flaws stay the same, the lack of an antelope and/or deer and a species of monkey. Without these india cant be green imo.
Temperate europe also stays yellow since the wolverine really doesnt adds to this.
Himalayas im unsure about, i really could use a more classical goat like markhor or tahr.
But lets wait for tomorrow first i guess

Last edited:
Imo Indian savannah stays yellow. Despite getting the sloth bear, its main flaws stay the same, the lack of an antelope and/or deer and a species of monkey. Without these india cant be green imo
That's why I was saying it was my prediction. Cause I'm betting we'll probably get an Indian monkey in the pack.

Why temperate Europe to green? The only animal that could enter is the bison and it's very unlikely (it will be an Asian pack with a takin, not an Eurasian). Wolverine is not from temperate Europe, but from the northern part already green.

And about Himalaya... Blue just because of the takin? It's true the westernmost subspecies lives in part of the Himalaya, but I see the takin as mostly a Chinese species, sharing habitat with the giant panda. In the OP map that is considered Temperate East Asia.

Why temperate Europe to green? The only animal that could enter is the bison and it's very unlikely (it will be an Asian pack with a takin, not an Eurasian). Wolverine is not from temperate Europe, but from the northern part already green
Wild boar, eurasian otter could also make it

Well you were right about the wild boar! Haha I wasn't really expecting it. And even some Mediterranean representation, nice surprise.

In the bad side, it doesn't help that much to complete India as we expected at first.

I think a lot of Eurasia is doing really well. While I still think we need a couple birds (but that can be said for everywhere, north and South America has no birds. EUROPE HAS ONE THOUGH LETS GOOOOOOOO) the areas now feel pretty complete. Also some monkeys are needed, though the last Eurasia ungulate I feel I need is the blackbuck. Also the Indian cobra. Otherwise the usual non-mammals and monkeys. The area now feels so much better.

Btw before the "europe and himalaya for blue" people spawn, not yet
This pack was a big step and while we are good now with these regions and atleast i personally would be content to never hear from them again, both region still got their holes in the roster before they can truly be counted exelently represented.

Europe ironically lacks in small carnivorans, with a marten feeling like a must, but the european wild cat, polecat/ferret and even the otter still being very desireable options.
It also might have one of its iconic birds, but really thats just 1/4, as the capercallie, white stork and mallard duck all are just as important as the mute swan.
Lastly, rodents still got lots to give with the alpine marmot and red squirrel being reasonable additions that would round it out well.

If we get one more of each of these 3 categorys i feel like europe can go to blue and i can go to rest happy
For the himalaya, one more goat is nessecarry, just as much as the domestic yak. Both are iconic to the region and having a minimum of 3 ungulates for filler habitats feels like a valid boundary for regions to be blue provided they can provide in ungulates.
Id also add the pallas cat and atleast one bird and then id be at peace here to, but i feel quite confident in a mountains scenery pack now along the lines of tibetean scenery, the yak, the spec bear, the alpine marmot and either the himalayan monal, pallas cat or the markhor so i doubt that we have to say goodbye to blue himalayas for the long game.

Very pleased overall, great pack and great representation for many areas thats also pretty efficent, asia keeps winning boys

Surely, all of Europe is now green (except the Iberian peninsula which I would keep yellow) and perhaps the Alps. The only prominent animals left are birds like the western capercaillie and great bustard and some mammals like the Alpine marmot, European brown bear and European wildcat. South Asia should still be yellow, but the sloth bear and wild boar help a lot.

Nordics and Russia should be blue, and probably Japan as well.

Back
Top Bottom