Ranking the areas still requiring animals

Surely, all of Europe is now green (except the Iberian peninsula which I would keep yellow) and perhaps the Alps. The only prominent animals left are birds like the western capercaillie and great bustard and some mammals like the Alpine marmot, European brown bear and European wildcat. South Asia should still be yellow, but the sloth bear and wild boar help a lot.

Nordics and Russia should be blue, and probably Japan as well.
May i ask why iberia yellow?
Also yeah agree, alps should props still stay yellow

I think in the way Europe is currently subdivided, Southern Europe is together with North Africa in the "Mediterranean" category, which will stay yellow as it lacks a Pelican. Althoguh the tortoise helps it a bit.

Fair, id also include the common pheasent, barbary sheep and a domestic donkey then for high priority animals in that area
Two non-native invasive species and a domestic? I don't think so.
Mediterranean Europe just got its most important ungulate and a exhibit reptile (living in the Iberian peninsula too, BTW), it can go to green as much as temperate Europe.
Unless we consider that the swan opens a lot of possibilities, like storks and ducks and all kind of waterfowl. But then maybe we should re-evaluate other regions too.

For my opinion,
Temperate europe goes green
Himalayas goes green
Gobi desert goes blue
Eurasian taiga goes blue
North American taiga goes blue

Why other things aren't changing
  • India still needs a monkey or some more endemic hoofstick
  • Mediterranian needs another bird, preferably pelican but a stork or spoonbill would also suffice
  • temperate Asia needs a deer, Musk deer, muntjac or something like that
  • Arctic circle still needs either the Walrus, a snowy rabbit species or the Musk ox

Two non-native invasive species and a domestic? I don't think so.
Mediterranean Europe just got its most important ungulate and a exhibit reptile (living in the Iberian peninsula too, BTW), it can go to green as much as temperate Europe.
Unless we consider that the swan opens a lot of possibilities, like storks and ducks and all kind of waterfowl. But then maybe we should re-evaluate other regions too.
Casual reminder that on the map the atlas mountains count as mediteranean, aswell as other areas of north africa and asia.
Barbery sheep is essential for the atlas mountains, the pheasent is iconic to italy and spain and the domestic donkey to every single country bordering the mediteranean sea

Most of Iberia’s famous animals are still not in the game (Iberian lynx, Spanish ibex, European rabbit). It should be kept the level below the rest of Europe for now - I’d say there is an argument for Europe bar Iberia being blue and Iberia being no higher than green
I think we can keep with the existing boundaries and just make temperate Europe green or blue while mediterranian stays yellow.

Europe shouldn't be blue. With the European mouflon, the chamois, the capercaillie, all the small carnivores and rodents, there's too many gaps for Europe to go blue. Green is good.

I think the European mouflon specifically is essential to Mediterranean Europe as an example of a big mammal native to Mediterranean islands (Corsica and Sardinia, in this case), but I'm okay with it being separated from North Africa and going green if that's what people want.

Swan, wisent, wolverine, wild boar, takin, sloth bear, saiga, hermann tortoise.

How we doing?
Honestly. I'm happy overall. Takin, sloth bear, wolverine, tortoise all cool choices. What i'm most excited about is the swan of course!

Europe goes blue.

Europe feels blue to me as the gaps are not more prominent than those for SS Africa or SE Asia, but I defer to the Europeans on that. Green for sure!

India absolutely remains yellow to me, as has been said by others here. I love the sloth bear but carnivora is not where the subcontinent lacks in the game. Monkey and deer/antelope needed.

Central Asian steppe is blue for me. I still think the Himalayas/SW China could use a pheasant but can see the case for green.

I think in the way Europe is currently subdivided, Southern Europe is together with North Africa in the "Mediterranean" category, which will stay yellow as it lacks a Pelican. Althoguh the tortoise helps it a bit.
Honestly with the swan I'm finre bumping both temperate and meditrrranean europe to green, with the pelican whenever it comes being a good case to make it blue.

Casual reminder that on the map the atlas mountains count as mediteranean, aswell as other areas of north africa and asia.
Barbery sheep is essential for the atlas mountains, the pheasent is iconic to italy and spain and the domestic donkey to every single country bordering the mediteranean sea
I don't know about Italy but pheasant is absolutely not iconic to Spain. There are few populations, scattered, and mostly due to hunters releasing them.

The Atlas mountains it kinda depends on the side, it looks in the map? Like the northern part is Mediterranean yellow while the southern and dryer is Saharian blue. But anyway, my point is that most of the range of the Barbary sheep is in the desert, from Western Sahara to Egypt. It works more as a representative of the Sahara desert than the Mediterranean woodlands.

Temperate europe needed the boar and a waterbird to be green in my eyes and we got both plus the wisent on top.
Probably still need marmot and wildcat to be blue

European and north american taiga can go blue imo

Arctic circle definetly needs the muskox and walrus before going to blue

Indian savannah stays yellow since sloth bear didnt really address any of its main holes.

Himalayas im unsure about. The takin is a big step up, but feels to little to be changed to green

Back
Top Bottom