Really dissappointed FD

I was going to say how things are ok for me but the power priority thing- yeah that's a problem.

My hope is that December wont be as bad since Arx is all over the game (recording what we do all the time. Constant surveillance - it's an anarchist's nightmare!).

In theory, any bugs will only affect the fleet carriers and should leave the rest of the game alone. Unless it messes up landing pads or FSD jumps. 🙃

A few days ago i created a thread to express my gratitude for the game (ED) you gave to us , saying that we should be 'easy' on you because it's a complex game and we have to be patient , but after the September update i haven't played the game at all because of all the appeared bugs . I have more than 3000 hours in game and for the first time in 4 years i haven't played for such a long time.How did you managed to mess things so much ? i willing to bet it because of the arx system! Please remove this non-sense from game at least the Free Arx . I think that's causing all the issues. I believe with the current reward of 400 arx per week , almost nobody cares. If this small update messed up the game what will happen when carriers arrive?

I'm slap bang in the galactic core and will probably stay there forever, unless something really good happens. I have to give FD some credit though, because the game has given me so much enjoyment over the years. The ARX thing was a mistake though I'm sorry to say.

I really have to applaud the people who make the very brave statement of "fix bugs in the game". I know that these incredible words are instrumental in the correction of any issues that exist.

Scene: A darkened room, moonlight trickling in through the blinds. Individuals sit about a conference table
Developer 1: We've run into some... complications.
Developer 2: Stabbing a hunting knife into the conference table I told you fools, this time it's gone too far!
Developer 1: Jesus christ Will that's a brand new table
Developer 2: Okay, no, I'm cool, I'm good. What do we do?
Developer 3: Saunters into the room in only a speedo I just finished the devstream, what's up?
Developer 1: We were talking about the bugs in the new update.
Developer 2: We don't know what to do about them.
Developer 3: Drops his coffee Oh no.
Developer 1: C'mon man, the rug.
Developer 3: moving a lifesized cutout of David Braben over the coffee spill So what do we do about the bugs?
Developer 4: lifting his head from the table I've been crying, but it hasn't helped.
Developer 2: Have we thought about putting all of our clothes in a trash can and burning them and living like beasts in the woods?
Developer 1: writing that idea on the whiteboard Okay, any other ideas?
Developer 5: smashes through the conference room window
Developer 1: Hi Zac
Developer 5: spitting out glass, holding up a long print-out, which trails out of the room I printed out the forums and good news, we're out of paper
Developer 3: What if we burn the paper, will that make the problem go away?
Developer 1: sighs, turning back around to write that on the whiteboard
Developer 2: Wait! stands up, grabbing a fistful of the trailing paper behind Developer 5 Look at this!
Developer 1: crouching down, he scans the papers F...Fix the bugs?
Developer 4: pauses crying What? Can we do that?
Developer 1: I guess, I mean, it's right here.
Developer 2: Leans over to the giant switch on the wall, pulling the lever from "Bugs" to "Fixed"
Developer 1: Oh that was easy. Why didn't I see that before?
Developer 2: It is pretty darkened in this room.
Developer 3: Did you pull it all the way down?
Developer 2: Eh probably, I can't see. Maybe we should go home.
Developer 5: still on the floor amongst the broken glass Do you guys not live here?
Developer 1: I'm going home. Looks off hopefully toward the horizon, but he's inside so he's just staring at the wall Thank you, random forum hero. Thank you.
End Scene

I'm playing on a big screen 4k oled tv and it realy bothers me to an extent that I can't play anymore.
Although not game breaking but a very big downgrade is the draw distance that got cut in half when flying in a asteroid belt or planetary ring.
And I do notice a strong drop in framerates when things get busy, especially when looking around in the cockpit.
These things were all fine prior to the initial September update.
Screen tearing is horribly ugly - I'd much rather deal with a reduced framerate (60 to 30 or 30 to 20) than tearing all the time.

Screen tearing is horribly ugly - I'd much rather deal with a reduced framerate (60 to 30 or 30 to 20) than tearing all the time.

Yeah me too, when playing on a big tv in 4k quality mode the tearing is horrible.
It seems as if the graphics overal got a hit with the update, I remember that we had this before but prior to the September update ED ran smooth.

Yeah me too, when playing on a big tv in 4k quality mode the tearing is horrible.
It seems as if the graphics overal got a hit with the update, I remember that we had this before but prior to the September update ED ran smooth.
We've got Max Headroom twitching over on PC since the September update, but at least it's not constant.

A few days ago i created a thread to express my gratitude for the game (ED) you gave to us , saying that we should be 'easy' on you because it's a complex game and we have to be patient , but after the September update i haven't played the game at all because of all the appeared bugs . I have more than 3000 hours in game and for the first time in 4 years i haven't played for such a long time.How did you managed to mess things so much ? i willing to bet it because of the arx system! Please remove this non-sense from game at least the Free Arx . I think that's causing all the issues. I believe with the current reward of 400 arx per week , almost nobody cares. If this small update messed up the game what will happen when carriers arrive?
Oddly, if I were the type of person to write "it's not a problem for me therefore it's not a problem and you're all babies" style posts, now would be the time. I've not had any major (new) issues, and I love a lot of the overhauls they've done to the left hand panel and trading interface in particular.

BUT! The FSS scanner STILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL takes 20-40 seconds to resolve any planets with surface sites on them, which means I will probably be rage-quitting and uninstalling within a week or two, and telling everyone I know to never ever buy or play this game.

Here's to 2020 I guess.

You just have to love the "What bugs?" apologists that always come out of the woodwork like carpenter ants

The Vorpal Sword of Ignore +1. Cuts down on idiocy, ants, white knights, circular arguments, time wasters, etc. Best OP weapon for forum PvP. You don’t even need to collect Pharmaceutical Isolators to engineer the weapon to G5.

I’ve noticed a significantly increased spawn rate of Forum CZs where I’ve had to deploy the weapon since the September Update, and even more after the patch, and I expect even more after the patch of the patch.

Although you have to be careful. Overusing the weapon makes the forum start in Solo or PG mode instead of Open.

Check you and your big 4k telly!

Is the screen tearing on both consoles because im on the xbone and I've not noticed it but I wouldnt rule out me being oblivious.

There's nothing wrong with my tv, the problem was obvious right after I installed the update, no settings on my tv were changed at all.
One day everything is fine, I install an update and it isn't, doesn't leave much room for speculating imho.
Besides that Fdev has confirmed the screen tearing and they say they're working on it, although they say that about every bug reported even those from eons ago.

The Vorpal Sword of Ignore +1. Cuts down on idiocy, ants, white knights, circular arguments, time wasters, etc. Best OP weapon for forum PvP. You don’t even need to collect Pharmaceutical Isolators to engineer the weapon to G5.

I’ve noticed a significantly increased spawn rate of Forum CZs where I’ve had to deploy the weapon since the September Update, and even more after the patch, and I expect even more after the patch of the patch.

Although you have to be careful. Overusing the weapon makes the forum start in Solo or PG mode instead of Open.
I always play forum 100% Open, no blocklist. I consider the Ignore function to be a downgrade to my sensor package.

I have a MkI onboard analog filter that autoscreens the actual chaff, but retains the useful data and comedy elements that can sometimes remain. As well, I run modified drives for simply escaping boring endless circular dogfights that take forever with no purpose ( now why does that sound familiar >__> ).

I'm puzzled why you made a nice thread a few days ago, and this thread today, yet haven't played the game at all between threads. What changed your mind?

The game is perfectly playable by the way. The one bug I saw (engineering) was hotfixed. Everything else seems normal to me.

I'm puzzled why you made a nice thread a few days ago, and this thread today, yet haven't played the game at all between threads. What changed your mind?

The game is perfectly playable by the way. The one bug I saw (engineering) was hotfixed. Everything else seems normal to me.
There are other bugs, but they do seem to be fixing them. The 100s of bugs that have been left in the game from previous updates are much worse

Top Bottom