Recommendation For Ships & Squadrons updates

I started playing Elite Dangerous on the PlayStation 4 in September 2022. I switched over to the PC version of the game because they are no longer doing game DLC updates for the PlayStation version.

I can see big potential in this game. Having players walk around on the planet's surface and inside space stations is a big one. I would recommend two selection options for leaving one's ship. You had the standard Disembark options or leave the chair. Then you can control the character and walk around in the interior of your ship or head out onto the planetary surface or space station. and you could hang out with your friends in your ship's galley.

I would like to see the Squadron expand a little more.

I recommend that when a member of the squadron locks on to the lead squadron's vessel your computer is linked to their computer. So when the lead ship goes into hyperspace, your ship automatically goes into the hyperspace as well. So basically your ship is following the squadron lead ship until you reach your destination. If the lead vessel gets pulled out of subspace by pirates. The whole squadron gets pulled out.

I've read that a player can no longer apply for Player Faction in Elite Dangerous. If that is the case, I suggest an option for Squadrons with 20 members to purchase a spot on a planet for a base or build a space station. I looked at the Galactic map there required to few abandoned stations. They would have a time limit to gather the building materials for the base. if they don't get the materials in a certain amount of time or they lose their claim on that piece of land. and that would have and would have the same options available similar to fleet carriers.

I would like to see an option for a Squadron Bank. For Squadrons that would like to help new players get established in a good ship. the ability to share materials between Squadron members.

I recommend that when a member of the squadron locks on to the lead squadron's vessel your computer is linked to their computer. So when the lead ship goes into hyperspace, your ship automatically goes into the hyperspace as well. So basically your ship is following the squadron lead ship until you reach your destination. If the lead vessel gets pulled out of subspace by pirates. The whole squadron gets pulled out.
That's basically how wings works.

That's basically how wings works.
Not in my experience it doesn't. I always have to throttle up with my ship and hopefully, my ship is lined up with my squadron leaders directional indicator to follow them into Hyperspace. In manually the throttle out and hope I'm right next to when I do.

I have only experienced with the PlayStation version of the game so far. I just recently started playing on the PC version. Maybe it works differently.

One of the biggest "missing links" in squadrons is IMHO the total lack of "political & diplomatic" features... as it happens on Inara (by accepting coalitions, etc). When encountering other players belonging to a different squadron, it would be very helpful to have them instantly labelled as "allies" + other functionalities like having access to some one's else members list to see who's online, wing up etc.

Top Bottom