Refueling Fleet Carriers

I hope that refueling fleet carriers uses actual fuel, albeit a LOT of fuel. Think of it - we could become 'oil tankers' in Elite! I can picture my Type-7 (love that ship) loaded with extra fuel tanks and a huge scoop, loading up on fuel at the local star, ferrying it to the fleet carrier, rinse and repeat. I suppose one could buy fuel at the station as well. Perhaps with the run on fuel, Frontier could raise 'gas' prices to match accordingly.

While this may sound dull to some, I think it beats having to harvest jumponium or something... Though you could add a cool mechanic to allow greater jump range based on fuel type and synthesis. Imagine harvesting neutron stars for greater FC jump range!

Anyway, for the sake of immersion and "fun" (I actually would enjoy ferrying fuel), I hope Frontier considers this option. Thoughts?

ps - This assumes FCs need refueling to begin with. I'm not sure the lore behind megaships not being able to scoop their own fuel. Too large for the gravity well, perhaps?

I hope it either requires the hydrogen fuel commodity to jump, or you can refine water from ice rings to extract hydrogen from it, if you happen to be taking your carrier for a long walk.

Thoughts? Well, I look forward to buying a fleet carrier with you and Jenny and letting you refuel it while I plot our demise.

Oh I do hope so...I really do. Make it so you need a team of players shooting rocks and visiting HGEs 24/7 just to move one system over...I can't wait for this awesome gameplay.
And that's after you've built one entirely out of Improvised Components. :ROFLMAO:

FD, if you're listening, that was a joke, not a suggestion.

And that's after you've built one entirely out of Improvised Components. :ROFLMAO:

FD, if you're listening, that was a joke, not a suggestion.
Suggestion or not, it's likely to use that currency system or some new one rather than credits to make it so folks that are well into the billions don't have a headstart on sorting one out.

And that will probably be in conjuction with needing to move large amounts of commodities to reach a basic level functionality as part of the process of purchasing/building one. Like, probably several hundred-thousand tons of cargo, at least if they're really hellbent on making these things really only manageable by squadrons.

large ships don't use the same jump technology as our ships. that's based on goid tech amd is fairly recent. large ships and stations use a different older technology so we'll see how that plays out....or if FDev totally forgot.

I hope that refueling fleet carriers uses actual fuel, albeit a LOT of fuel. Think of it - we could become 'oil tankers' in Elite! I can picture my Type-7 (love that ship) loaded with extra fuel tanks and a huge scoop, loading up on fuel at the local star, ferrying it to the fleet carrier, rinse and repeat. I suppose one could buy fuel at the station as well. Perhaps with the run on fuel, Frontier could raise 'gas' prices to match accordingly.

While this may sound dull to some, I think it beats having to harvest jumponium or something... Though you could add a cool mechanic to allow greater jump range based on fuel type and synthesis. Imagine harvesting neutron stars for greater FC jump range!

Anyway, for the sake of immersion and "fun" (I actually would enjoy ferrying fuel), I hope Frontier considers this option. Thoughts?

ps - This assumes FCs need refueling to begin with. I'm not sure the lore behind megaships not being able to scoop their own fuel. Too large for the gravity well, perhaps?

You say that now, but wait until you discover that carriers are fully upholstered, inside AND outside, with EBL :D

Top Bottom