General Remove Mission Only Items. Or make Stations Guarantee such Missions at all Times.

Simple Suggestion.
Pls stop with that Rubbish of having Stuff you can only get from Missions.

Because no Offense to You.
But especially since Mission Board Reset was Removed. This basicly means I will either Fly around between Stations Senselessly to Find a Mission Offering what I need.
Or I will sit on a Station Waiting for the Board to Reset.

Which is sooooo Incredible Fuuuuun Gameplay..........
Its about as Fun as Sitting in the Waiting Room of the Dentist......

On top of that its Senseless beyond Comparisson because why the Hell would something Offered on Missions supposedly on a Regular Basis and even for non Special Missions. NOT BE FREAKING SOLD ANYWHERE ?????

Seriosly....

Go buy them from a Carrier?

Tried. But its meaningless. Cause only other Players can Specifically do that by Getting them from Missions and then Selling them.
Which is not really Profitable and thus rarely done.
In what few Cases someone bothers. Its Generally Empty long before I arrive.
Which is not really any more Fun either.

Oh boy - grinders really don't like variety eh?

"Mile wide inch deep is too deep!" they all shout :ROFLMAO:

Oh Yeah. SUCH DEEPNESS. Waiting for a Screen to Refresh to get something I need. Thats so Incredible Fun and Entertaining and Deep loool.
About as Deep as the Cheapest Fishing Simulator on Google Playstore which basicly Consists of you waiting some Minutes watching your Phones Blue Water Screen and then Tapping your Screen when the Hook Shakes. Hoping you get the Fish you need....

Albeit at least that Fishing Sim only makes you wait 20 Seconds for each Try. Not 10 Minutes....

Why not just remove everything 'special' and make everything purchasable with credits? Then raise mission pay onto a parity with the best mining income? Of course everything, ships, modules, engineering and other resources should be made available in every station too, then no time is wasted having to do something to make any progress in the game.

I suppose having to fly anywhere could be removed too, do everything from a spreadsheet type of interface...

Why not just remove everything 'special' and make everything purchasable with credits? Then raise mission pay onto a parity with the best mining income? Of course everything, ships, modules, engineering and other resources should be made available in every station too, then no time is wasted having to do something to make any progress in the game.

I suppose having to fly anywhere could be removed too, do everything from a spreadsheet type of interface...

Sure. Because Clearly there is no other Way to make something Special than to Hide it behind a Hud Menu that Resets every 10 Minutes right.
Guys. I dont know if your Trolling or if your really something I cant say without breaking the Forum Rules that you dont Understand this.

But my Problem is not with something being Special or only being Obtainable in a Certain Way.
Its in that Specific Way here which is needed to Obtain it.

Because Sorry. But Sitting in Front of a Mission Board and Waiting for it to Reset because that is the Only way of Getting a Certain Item you need.
Is neither Deep nor Exciting nor Fun nor in any Way Special.

Or to Say it in your own Words there.
How about we make Flying Special in the same way ?

If you want to Jump you have to Wait for the Right Weather.
The Weather is a Board in your Nav Hud which Refreshes every 10 Minutes.
Wouldnt that be Great ?
Would make Jumps Super Special Right :)

Have Fun Sitting there in your Ship waiting for the Nav Board giving you the Green Weather Report that Allows you to Perform the Jump.
Deepest Gameplay Available isnt it ?

in these situations I'm running missions back n forth (which helped with rank progression) until I had enough of what I needed, it was for an engineer if I remember correctly, didn't realise you could only get them from missions

Sure. Because Clearly there is no other Way to make something Special than to Hide it behind a Hud Menu that Resets every 10 Minutes right.
Guys. I dont know if your Trolling or if your really something I cant say without breaking the Forum Rules that you dont Understand this.

But my Problem is not with something being Special or only being Obtainable in a Certain Way.
Its in that Specific Way here which is needed to Obtain it.

Because Sorry. But Sitting in Front of a Mission Board and Waiting for it to Reset because that is the Only way of Getting a Certain Item you need.
Is neither Deep nor Exciting nor Fun nor in any Way Special.
Not knowing exactly what you are complaining about having to get from a mission...

Perhaps if you are a little more specific in the elusive mission reward you may get a sensible response - I'd guess in my 3 years of playing there is little left to unlock now - yet I never, ever, sat staring at a mission board waiting for something - that would have been tedious in the extreme - if what was needed wasn't being offered, well there are plenty of other places, trading & missions will ease the passing of time too...

Why not share? - we may even be very helpful.

Heck - I might even do the missions myself and deliver the goodies to you - I'm easy :)

Last edited:
Not knowing exactly what you are complaining about having to get from a mission...

Perhaps if you are a little more specific in the elusive mission reward you may get a sensible response - I'd guess in my 3 years of playing there is little left to unlock now - yet I never, ever, sat staring at a mission board waiting for something - that would have been tedious in the extreme - if what was needed wasn't being offered, well there are plenty of other places, trading & missions will ease the passing of time too...

Why not share - we may even be very helpful?

I dont need anything Sorry. I got it a while Back.
If you wanna know the Commodity that caused me to make this Suggestion it was Modular Terminals.

But Sorry. If your Thinking I am a New Player who doesnt get something and now wants to make it easier to get it. I have to Dissappoint you.
I got near 3 Billion Credits and my Cutter. I really dont need any Help. Neither do I need to do Missions for Ranking up. Cause I already got my Cutter.
I guess I could Complain about Rank up Missions cause on Feds I am not High Rank Yet and likely if I ever bothered with the Rank Missions which are just as Stupid I would be able to just do Rank Missions for all Ranks up to Corvette without any additional Rank Grind.

But none of that is Relevant to this Suggestion.
This Suggestion Aims at the Fact. That having Stuff that can only be Obtained by Random Spawning Missions is Bullcrab.
Because it basicly means that the Gameplay Requirement to Get this Stuff Consists of you Sitting in Front of a Mission Board and Rolling Dice every 10 Minutes.
I know Smartphone Idle Games that have more Deep Gameplay than that Guys.
And these Idle Games at least offer some Nice Pictures of Girls to Watch while Waiting for the Timers on Rolling your Dice the Next time....

I know you are not a new player - which is why I was curious - modular terminals - yep, mission reward rarely offered in the quantity you need :)

Getting mission rewards doesn't involve sitting staring at one mission board - unless the player chooses to do so...

I'll leave you to it, but, understandably, take an opposite stance to your own, as I didn't find obtaining any of the 'special' things in the game particularly onerous, including the mission rewards..

I have no idea what smartphone games have to do with things, but I guess it takes all kinds... and if "Nice Pictures of Girls to Watch while Waiting" is your thing... 🤷‍♂️

I know you are not a new player - which is why I was curious - modular terminals - yep, mission reward rarely offered in the quantity you need :)

Getting mission rewards doesn't involve sitting staring at one mission board - unless the player chooses to do so...

I'll leave you to it, but, understandably, take an opposite stance to your own, as I didn't find obtaining any of the 'special' things in the game particularly onerous, including the mission rewards..

I have no idea what smartphone games have to do with things, but I guess it takes all kinds... and if "Nice Pictures of Girls to Watch while Waiting" is your thing... 🤷‍♂️

Except it does lol.
You doing something else instead is your Choice. But that is not Connected to getting Modular Terminals.

Getting Modular Terminals Right now. Consists of you Sitting there Waiting for a Mission that Offers them.
Thats all there is to it.

Except it does lol.
You doing something else instead is your Choice. But that is not Connected to getting Modular Terminals.

Getting Modular Terminals Right now. Consists of you Sitting there Waiting for a Mission that Offers them.
Thats all there is to it.
Or by doing things that take you to stations where the mission is also likely to be offered - which is exactly what I did - because once I knew I needed 25, it was just continue doing normal gameplay apart from actually paying attention to rewards rather than just the credits... (you do know that mission rewards, even Modular Terminals, are offered over multiple systems? Of course you do!)

But we could spend the next month debating if sitting and waiting is more sensible than playing, and remaining engaged...

Our view is different, let's just leave it at that as it makes most sense!

Or by doing things that take you to stations where the mission is also likely to be offered - which is exactly what I did - because once I knew I needed 25, it was just continue doing normal gameplay apart from actually paying attention to rewards rather than just the credits... (you do know that mission rewards, even Modular Terminals, are offered over multiple systems? Of course you do!)

But we could spend the next month debating if sitting and waiting is more sensible than playing, and remaining engaged...

Our view is different, let's just leave it at that as it makes most sense!

Not Part of getting the Terminals. Your Simply doing Something else.
I for my Part just Watched Anime while Waiting.
And Well Mate. So you do Realize that the Mission Board is Random on every Station right ?
So you should be aware it makes no difference if your checking it on Different Stations or on the Same one.

Which is the thing.
Nothing Changes on the Problem.

The Gameplay to getting these Terminals consists of You Refreshing the Mission Board Hoping to Roll the Right Mission Reward
Thats all.

Doing other Missions doesnt increase you Chances to get the Mission for Terminals. It doesnt Speed up the Process either. You just Kill Time while Waiting for the Next Dice Roll.

Not even Sure why you guys are so Gung Ho Defending this Mechanic.
Is it that Fun to you to Roll Dice and hope you get the Right Mission on the Board ?

I’ve just finished grinding for the Sirius permit myself for my Marco invite, before jetting off to join my new squadron in their space hippie commune on the outskirts of the Bubble.

I’ve been doing those Other Things since then, shifting cargo for our faction and running courier missions, but at least every other time I’ve browsed the mission boards out here there’s been one or two offering modular terminals as a reward. No one offers exactly the 25 you’ll need all in one go though, so what I’ll do when I need them is use my runaround merchantman to pick up the missions as I’m playing about in my corner of the sandbox... no waiting or grinding needed! Just keep piling them up in the hold until you’ve got as many as you need.

I’ve just finished grinding for the Sirius permit myself for my Marco invite, before jetting off to join my new squadron in their space hippie commune on the outskirts of the Bubble.

I’ve been doing those Other Things since then, shifting cargo for our faction and running courier missions, but at least every other time I’ve browsed the mission boards out here there’s been one or two offering modular terminals as a reward. No one offers exactly the 25 you’ll need all in one go though, so what I’ll do when I need them is use my runaround merchantman to pick up the missions as I’m playing about in my corner of the sandbox... no waiting or grinding needed! Just keep piling them up in the hold until you’ve got as many as you need.

And the Difference to me having Watched Anime while Waiting for the Mission Board to Offer Modular Terminal Missions is what exactly ?

Guys.
I am not Talking Chinese or something do I ????

The Point of the Suggestion is.
That they should NOT have a Commodity that by some Magic is only Available by Waiting for the Dice to Roll a Favorable Number and Offer you a Mission to get that Item.

See Guys. If you want Guardian Tech. You have to get the Blueprints which you can only get by doing the Scanning and Stuff on Guardian Ruins.
Thing is. That is something you actually do.
Its a Task you actually Challenge and get a Reward for if you Succeed.

But the Modular Teminals as well as other Items you only get from Missions. Is Different.
You have no Influence on wether you get that Mission.
You have to Wait for that Mission to Pop up. End of Story.
You can do other things like Trading or Flying in Circles while you Wait. Or like I did. Just put the Game into Background and Watch Anime.

But it doesnt Change the Fact that in the End. You are just Waiting for your Next Dice Roll hoping that you will get Offered a Mission that gives Modular Terminals.

You basicly get 2 Standard Dice. And to get the Mission you have to Roll a Number Higher than 8.
You can Roll the Dice once each 10 Minutes or each time you Arrive at a Different Station.

But the thing about Rolling the Dice doesnt Change.

If I want to Roll Dice. I play a Board Game Guys. Not Elite Dangerous.

Last time I needed MT the first mission I found gave 37. So I had to sell the extra 12. Game is literally unplayable.

Thats Called Lottery you know.
One Guys might get the Price on the First Roll. Others might Roll 100 Times and still not get it.

Thats why having such things that can only be Achieved by Rolling Dice are Bullcrab and should be Removed from the Game.

Top Bottom