Rename the game genre to "Bug Simulator"!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
To everyone else reading this: Yes, I may have just done the "feeding the troll" bit. I don't usually chime in on these threads, but felt it was time to do it for once. This game has continued to improve over time. Yes, it has had some major fumbles, but the Devs always seem to be doing their best to try and fix the issues. So I support them... but not their "new" Issue tracker system. THAT should be trashed and replaced with something decent.
Your common sense is unwelcome here. We demand outrage, Daniel. OUTRAGE!!!!

Your common sense is unwelcome here. We demand outrage, Daniel. OUTRAGE!!!!
More of this?
cover3.jpg

I think a lot of the problem's is to do with server load having split the game into odyssey, H4.0 and H3.8. Odyssey and H4.0 share some servers but not all there some balancing problems under load ie weekends and evening's with bugs randomly appearing and clearing. The fact that map is messed up one evening but working fine the next evening but the market will only do one transaction without have to go to main menu to do a second transaction means that 10 sessions will give 8 different bugs but only 1 or 2 per session so its counted as 8 bugs when you only ever have 2 at anyone time.

1) System requireements are:
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-3770K Quad Core CPU or better / AMD FX 4350 Quad Core CPU or better
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: Nvidia GTX 770 / AMD Radeon R9 280X
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network Broadband Internet Connection
  • Hard Drive: 25 GB available space
What are yours?

2) No. If it were, you, not I, could play at all. I'm playing and having fun doing it.

3) What broken things? Could you provide example(s) please?

4) Mine seem fine. Do you have some exaples?

5) I trade without issue. Do you have some examples?

6) Are you talking about the PWA? Notspots? I'd agree with that. And don't get me started on tritium yields. But laser mining, say, platinum, is just fine.

Yes, there are bugs, so I'm hoping they'll do another monster bug fix update at some point. New content is always welcome but who's to know if, or when, there will be more. I hope so but as to what that entails seems to be closely guarded secret. I'm wishing for on-foot 'goid fights and atmospheric planets, presonally...

It can seem like we bug test for FDev. To my mind, and this is personal opinion, before a big update, there ought to be a public beta where we can report back and hopefully get stuff sorted before release.
The system requirements for Odyssey and hence for anyone using PC since the fold-down are:
  • CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 / AMD FX-8350
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • OS: Windows 7 (SP1+)/8.1/10 64bit [In 2023 this will be superseded by MS themselves withdrawing support for W7]
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780 / AMD R9 280x (3 GB VRAM)
  • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 3072 MB

It was also extremely unlikely that OP was playing on Ivy Bridge equipment in the first place, so if it was me, I'd have thought twice about posting those wrong requirements...

But yes, the rest of OP's post is really not much use for discussion without examples.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom