Replacing Engineered Modules

Hi :)

So, I've not posted to a forum before...let alone this one...so if I commit a faux-pas please let me know.

Anyway! My question concerns what happens to an engineered (enhanced) module if you replace that module with another. Do you have to get the new module done as well? Or does the upgrade apply to the new one too?

Related to this: If you do have to go back to an engineer to upgrade your new module, do you have to perform another task or does the one you originally completed exempt you from that?

Apologies if I've not framed this right. Feel free to demand clarification ;)

Thanks

LS

As @EUS says - you have to apply a modification to each piece of equipment individually.

Additionally, you can "pin" one modification "recipe" per engineer and you can apply that modification to that type of module / weapon remotely (in a station services). However you cannot apply experimental effects remotely, you have to go to an engineer to apply an experimental effect to a module that they are able to work on.

Hi :)
My question concerns what happens to an engineered (enhanced) module if you replace that module with another. Do you have to get the new module done as well? Or does the upgrade apply to the new one too?

Related to this: If you do have to go back to an engineer to upgrade your new module, do you have to perform another task or does the one you originally completed exempt you from that?

You have a few choices
1. Store the item(you have 120 slots of storage), so you can stash weapons, etc(aka all bits of the ship)
2. sell/ replace the modded item

To upgrade the module again, you can go to remote engineering(if you pinned the blueprint ^^) or go back to the engineer and press buttons- pssh zap - it is upgraded!
Other than having to unlock the engineer initially, there is no extra work, other than gather mats* for the mod.
*when you collect 1 piece, you get 3 actually, which helps a lot.

Pro tip, special effects(if any) can ONLY be done at the engineer.
So slap a grade 1 mod on at the engineer, pin the blueprint, stick the special effect on and do any more engineering remotely.

You have a few choices
1. Store the item(you have 120 slots of storage), so you can stash weapons, etc(aka all bits of the ship)
2. sell/ replace the modded item

To upgrade the module again, you can go to remote engineering(if you pinned the blueprint ^^) or go back to the engineer and press buttons- pssh zap - it is upgraded!
Other than having to unlock the engineer initially, there is no extra work, other than gather mats* for the mod.
*when you collect 1 piece, you get 3 actually, which helps a lot.

Pro tip, special effects(if any) can ONLY be done at the engineer.
So slap a grade 1 mod on at the engineer, pin the blueprint, stick the special effect on and do any more engineering remotely.

so you can apply the special effect at Grade 1, and it is retained on the higher upgrades?

By the way, if you are still trying to raise your rep for the Engineer (so that they will do higher grade upgrades for you) do NOT use the remote engineering feature. You do not get any rep for remote engineering. Until you have grade 5 access to the Engineer, do everything at their base.

Top Bottom