Request to add a binding for Supercruise Assist

Hi, I've recently gotten back into Elite and I like the addition of Supercruise Assist. We have keybind options for a lot of different functions of our ships, and I feel like the addition of a toggle binding for Supercruise Assist would be a good quality of life improvement for those of us that like to let the game do the work for us every once in a while.

o7

Is there really not a super cruise assist toggle? im like 90% sure there is, could be wrong though because honestly i took that thing off my ship as soon as i got something better for it. Always ended up shooitng me past my destination every time.

Have you already gone through all the bindings for it? Feel like this is already there, just burried deep in some expandable menu.

Add on a Request Docking bind and baby, we're cookin!
Use VA and you can put it on a keybind. It can also be used with voice activation too if you have a microphone.

I'd love a key binding for Cruise Assist. I use VA quite a lot because it saves on keyboard wear in a game where you use the keyboard a LOT!
At this time VA can't activate it because it requires the destination to be in the exact same place on the screen every time in order to log mouse clicks and keyboard sequences.

I used to agree with this, but having gotten back into playing and done some racing with friends I can say that needing to go through the minor effort of looking left to activate it isn't a bad thing. Its an easy habit to get into and it keeps what is probably well more than 80% of the gameplay (docking and traveling) from becoming overly automated.

Im not against it having a hot key though considering it would cause more people to use it passivly and the fact that it can more than quadruple travel times when done that way I can only see it leading to more people complaining about travel times.

I used to agree with this, but having gotten back into playing and done some racing with friends I can say that needing to go through the minor effort of looking left to activate it isn't a bad thing. Its an easy habit to get into and it keeps what is probably well more than 80% of the gameplay (docking and traveling) from becoming overly automated.

Im not against it having a hot key though considering it would cause more people to use it passivly and the fact that it can more than quadruple travel times when done that way I can only see it leading to more people complaining about travel times.
Think "Options", always better to have them.
Also I was wrong about the "Z" key, it is for Flight Assist, Not super cruise assist.

Use VA and you can put it on a keybind. It can also be used with voice activation too if you have a microphone.

I'd love a key binding for Cruise Assist. I use VA quite a lot because it saves on keyboard wear in a game where you use the keyboard a LOT!
At this time VA can't activate it because it requires the destination to be in the exact same place on the screen every time in order to log mouse clicks and keyboard sequences.
Third-party programs to do extremely common in-game functions is NOT good.

Your twisted logic is impressively evil: let's first recognize that SC travel times suck @ss big time, then let's recognize the SC assist in its default setting makes it even worse and then let's also recognize that allowing people to access this double whammy without diving into the options/forum to understand this carefully contemplated implementation of "make sure our users suck @ss more by default" would be even more aggravating (which is actually, if you think about it), so finally let's propose not to implement this quality of life improvement to ANYBODY.

Well done, please pat yourself on the shoulder: you have earned a basic right to be a FDev job applicant. 😅:sick:

Top Bottom