Retreat tried several times in vain - your ideas?

OK, something else on the list to retest sometime then, always seem too busy for it though. 😂

Oh, I forgot to add:

Regardless of individual fines, each fine counts towards summoning ATR. How do I know? I chained 15 phantom interdictions (fine added to bounty) after a spree of violence, and when I dropped out for the next I had the ultra fuzz on me.

did they appear, or were they already there?

I ask as it could be the standard hostile bug where if you escape a hostile and drop anywhere in system, even the middle of nowhere, the hostile is there again.

did they appear, or were they already there?

I ask as it could be the standard hostile bug where if you escape a hostile and drop anywhere in system, even the middle of nowhere, the hostile is there again.

No. In my day to day violence sprees I count the kills so I know when ATR pop up- aside from high sec I can half reliably tell how many kills with get the "Independent ATR xyz incoming" message. In this case I was doing a whole spectrum of kills, assaults and fines and had a fun surprise on the next kill.

We tried murder as well in an earlier stage and apart from the fact that notoriety can be a pain in the thrusters we found harassing markedly more efficient compared to murder.

We tried murder as well in an earlier stage and apart from the fact that notoriety can be a pain in the thrusters we found harassing markedly more efficient compared to murder.

It can be depending on where you do it- some places you can get x20 assault charges a pop, fly out / relog and keep on going. In one retreat I did, I did 82 sec kills, 4 civ kills and 250 assaults a day for 4 days in a 8 million pop system with at least one commander opposing. My soul was dead, but it worked.

Same issues, been trying for several weeks to force a retreat state onto a minor faction that stole our slot in an expansion target system as their expansion ended one day before ours. We've wasted so much time trying to increase the other factions only for the the retreat target to get small daily increases too. We used to be able to force them into a conflict for a guaranteed 4.5% loss but now factions won't go to war unless there is an asset that can change hands so that method is out of the window.

Recently we've changed tactics and are now pushing their influence down using shady methods. i.e. a couple of cmdrs will stack 20 delivery / data / assassination / donation missions for this faction and then intentionally let them expire after 24 hours. It leaves you hostile with the target faction but they are now decreasing influence every day.

Same issues, been trying for several weeks to force a retreat state onto a minor faction that stole our slot in an expansion target system as their expansion ended one day before ours. We've wasted so much time trying to increase the other factions only for the the retreat target to get small daily increases too. We used to be able to force them into a conflict for a guaranteed 4.5% loss but now factions won't go to war unless there is an asset that can change hands so that method is out of the window.

Recently we've changed tactics and are now pushing their influence down using shady methods. i.e. a couple of cmdrs will stack 20 delivery / data / assassination / donation missions for this faction and then intentionally let them expire after 24 hours. It leaves you hostile with the target faction but they are now decreasing influence every day.
Tried not helps, you are hostile. Missions are no longer given

Tried not helps, you are hostile. Missions are no longer given
In my case, I go one system over where the target has presence and no control, usually get about 5-6 donation missions putting me 50% unfriendly and they start handing out missions in the system we want them to retreat. It's a long winded way to do it but in my case its working.

Hi, could somebody give me a summary of the timing and the conditions?
1. At what percentage does Retreat go pending & how long does the target faction need to be below that trigger to go pending?
2. How long does it stay pending?
3. How long does it stay active?
4. What do I have to do while Retreat is active?

Cheers & thx in advance!

Last edited:
Hi, could somebody give me a summary of the timing and the conditions?
1. At what percentage does Retreat go pending & how long does the target faction need to be below that trigger to go pending?
2. How long does it stay pending?
3. How long does it stay active?
4. What do I have to do while Retreat is active?

Cheers & thx in advance!

1: Non native faction =<2.5%
2: 1 tick
3: 6 days
4: for ticks 1 to 5, nothing (inf can go above 2.5%, but it may cut short the active period). Tick 6 the retreating faction MUST be below 2.5% for it to work.

4: for ticks 1 to 5, nothing (inf can go above 2.5%, but it may cut short the active period). Tick 6 the retreating faction MUST be below 2.5% for it to work.
Need to do mission (Help the retreat of the faction)?

Much thanks! So one could time it fairly well with expansion.

Situation is still the same after two years. It is way too easy to oppose retreat. Faction in retreat state still generates many simple missions to the same destination. All these missions to the same destination (btw same system) at the same time.
0AexCIz.png

Situation is still the same after two years. It is way too easy to oppose retreat. Faction in retreat state still generates many simple missions to the same destination. All these missions to the same destination (btw same system) at the same time.
0AexCIz.png
define your idea of how hard it should be to oppose retreat, as i guess it is "working as intended"?

I was able to do 10 INF+++ missions to help this faction in retreat just in 40 minutes of my time. I expect spike up as always after this when server tick happen. Now I see that commander who try push that faction to retreat and what he need to do so many days (expecting he is hunting and murdering the faction ships) and I ruin his work in that 40 minutes. For me this is very bad balanced.

Top Bottom