RIDES.....

I feel carousels, or an gentle flume rides are the limit if we have rides in the game. Coasters are too noisy and animals can feel stressful.
Sure, some zoos consist some thrilling rides, or maybe the zoo is IN the big theme park. But those are just not my taste.
You're saying that if we don't want it, don't put the coasters. Reasonable, I appreciate it. Dunno devs would agree to you though...
Thanks for at least respecting my point , appreicate that

It's a shame really when I can load up a game that's almost 20 years old and make a more accurate park like "Chessington World Of Adventures" along with its zoo and sealife, but I can't make an accurate re-creation in this day and age :/

I do however think that, Planco is this gens RCT1, and so it'll have to go through a few iterations before we get a merged version of both games.
see this nails it for me, the tag line is smiulation evolved, but we can only make the animal part of chessington in one game and the rides part in another game, just slip a few rides in there for us fdev PLEASE

see this nails it for me, the tag line is smiulation evolved, but we can only make the animal part of chessington in one game and the rides part in another game, just slip a few rides in there for us fdev PLEASE

"animal simulation evolved" is a correct tagline. This isn't a coaster park game, this is a modern version of games like zoo tycoon and wildlife park, where the simulation of taking care of these animals evolved from what they used to be. I'd understand if they said "Animal theme park simulation evolved" but it doesn't. Not to mention that luuknord is right, the only rides in the game will be the train and the safari jeep like rides.

The thing is, planet zoo will probably never merge with planet coaster, as the goal of the game isn't to open a zoo theme park, as thats unethical. One of my earlier posts here explains my reasoning's behind why it will never happen, and why its a bad idea.
What's unethical is what I said about loading up an almost 20 year old game and making something more accurate, you're suppose to go forward with game development, not backwards, you might be completely fine with 2 seperate games but people like re-creating real life parks/zoo's, including Frontier when they've brought things like Steel Vengence into the game, and the other one (I forget the name)

I don't want to force it, it may not be possible at this point in time, as I said previously, both games are this gens version of RCT1 and Zoo Tycoon, so they may need to go through different iterations before they can be merged in the future, I think its a little silly however to say its a bad idea (going back to people wanting re-create things, and Frontier making RCT3 which had zoo's and the whole moving forward thing) People wanted Zoo's as DLC for Planet Coaster since before the game was released.

"animal simulation evolved" is a correct tagline. This isn't a coaster park game, this is a modern version of games like zoo tycoon and wildlife park, where the simulation of taking care of these animals evolved from what they used to be.
If anything, Planet Coaster is a spiritual successor to RCT3 (see above) at the end of the day, is it going to bother you that much or hurt you in anyway? or is it going to be more things for you to play with / try out / keep people happy?

Last edited:
How much 'spiritual successor' promises us? While I understand why people wanted to have Wild!-like DLC in Planet Coaster because it's considered to be THE spiritual successor of RCT3, does it mean it really promised us Soaked! and Wild! of Planet Coaster?
Frankly speaking, I don't think rides-focused theme park build-management game not having zoo feature is an appropriate reason to shove coasters into animal-focused zoo build-management game. Zoo Tycoon and Wildlife Park didn't have official rollercoaster ingame for their lives IIRC.
Even if you have coasters in Plant Zoo, it would be some mild presets which cannot be edited or with just some ability to change color. If THAT meets your taste, then I don't care.

What's unethical is what I said about loading up an almost 20 year old game and making something more accurate, you're suppose to go forward with game development, not backwards, you might be completely fine with 2 seperate games but people like re-creating real life parks/zoo's, including Frontier when they've brought things like Steel Vengence into the game, and the other one (I forget the name)

I don't want to force it, it may not be possible at this point in time, as I said previously, both games are this gens version of RCT1 and Zoo Tycoon, so they may need to go through different iterations before they can be merged in the future, I think its a little silly however to say its a bad idea (going back to people wanting re-create things, and Frontier making RCT3 which had zoo's and the whole moving forward thing) People wanted Zoo's as DLC for Planet Coaster since before the game was released.

If anything, Planet Coaster is a spiritual successor to RCT3 (see above) at the end of the day, is it going to bother you that much or hurt you in anyway? or is it going to be more things for you to play with / try out / keep people happy?

Yes, planet coaster is a spiritual sucessor to roller coaster tycoon 3. The same can be said about planet zoo being a spiritual successor to Zoo Tycoon and Zoo Tycoon 2. While the planet series is in the same world, they are two different beasts. Its like comparing apples to oranges, where they are both fruit, but both are different types of fruit. Also, Zoo tycoon never merged with roller coaster tycoon, as they were developed by two totally different studios.

Yes, planet coaster is a spiritual sucessor to roller coaster tycoon 3. The same can be said about planet zoo being a spiritual successor to Zoo Tycoon and Zoo Tycoon 2. While the planet series is in the same world, they are two different beasts. Its like comparing apples to oranges, where they are both fruit, but both are different types of fruit. Also, Zoo tycoon never merged with roller coaster tycoon, as they were developed by two totally different studios.
Well, if you want to go into who developed what, Frontier had no involvement in the original RCT1, or the original Zoo Tycoon, but Frontier made both Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 and its expansions, and they also developed the newest Zoo Tycoon game for Xbox One/360/PC.

Again though, how would both games merging as one affect you? is it really that bad?

How much 'spiritual successor' promises us? While I understand why people wanted to have Wild!-like DLC in Planet Coaster because it's considered to be THE spiritual successor of RCT3, does it mean it really promised us Soaked! and Wild! of Planet Coaster?
Frankly speaking, I don't think rides-focused theme park build-management game not having zoo feature is an appropriate reason to shove coasters into animal-focused zoo build-management game. Zoo Tycoon and Wildlife Park didn't have official rollercoaster ingame for their lives IIRC.
Even if you have coasters in Plant Zoo, it would be some mild presets which cannot be edited or with just some ability to change color. If THAT meets your taste, then I don't care.
I think it would be very appropriate, then people could re-create their favourite parks such as Chessington World Of Adventures, Flamingo Land, Seaworld, Disney's Animal Kingdon, Ocean Park, and so on, and I think it'd be a very creative in its gameplay and more out of the box than whats basic/standard simulation.

Again though, Why is it such a bad thing to want both? REAL LIFE theme parks have Zoo's, real life Zoo's have rides, but you're here saying they should be seperate or "I don't care"

Last edited:
Real life Zoos HAVE rides, from Small Carosels to Huge B&M Hyper coasters, thats just the FACT

For PlanZoo to appeal fully to me and people like me it HAS to have SOME form of rides(Not transport) even if its just Family small coasters and family flats .

I'm not saying it's necessarily bad. I already mentioned that a carousel or a gentle flume ride would be good. I know many theme parks do have animals in captivity, and I'm aware that quite a lot of zoos have rides in them. And yes, I totally understand you want to re-create the place you visited and love.

But merging CAN go bad. As PZ focuses hard on animal management, even if the rollercoaster building exists in the game, it wouldn't be much focused. That's because PZ is mainly making a zoo, and thrilling rides are secondary thing at best. The game would be mediocre on BOTH sides if it tries to catch both feature at once, as the asset for the whole game is limited.

Now, here I'm asking just one thing. If PZ adds a rollercoaster, it would most likely to be some presets with little to no space to edit, as the game is already focusing heavily on animals and not likely to give piece-by-piece building coasters. Are you fine with that?

so only pre built plop coasters? this isnt Atari or RCTW, Frontier and us are better than that.

What i WOULD like to see is a metrix added into the animals happiness, where by if you have a B&M doing A fly through of the encloure the noise and happiness rates are adversly affected.

Same if you have a Coaster at the end of the park and Animals at the start but this time it WOULDNT affect them

so only pre built plop coasters? this isnt Atari or RCTW, Frontier and us are better than that.
It's not which can do better than which. What I want to say is that limited asset is the main thing. If we want to have something more in A, we have to sacrifice some on B.

What i WOULD like to see is a metrix added into the animals happiness, where by if you have a B&M doing A fly through of the encloure the noise and happiness rates are adversly affected.
Actually I LOVE this idea.

Yay we agree

the coaster builder is an assett thats built, no need to strip it out to plopable pre sets, that can be saved for shops IMHO.

yes because why would I want to remake real life theme parks and zoo's when I could be restricted to one thing that YOU and a FEW others are happy with?
Because there is an entire game for you to make theme parks in, the focus of this game is entirely on the animals as Frontier have said many times. If you want to build a roller coaster with animals around it you can already do that in PlanCo.

Because there is an entire game for you to make theme parks in, the focus of this game is entirely on the animals as Frontier have said many times. If you want to build a roller coaster with animals around it you can already do that in PlanCo.
Planet Coaster doesn't have animals, I don't get why you're so against it, it'd keep the majority of communities happy rather than the minority like yourself.

Top Bottom