Roadmap leaked??

By nefarious means, I have obtained a refurbed Dell laptop. 256 GB SSD, 8 GB Ram, Intel Whatever Processor, 17" screen. Free. :)

It's my backup for my four year old desktop.

It will only be running the most basic of software, not cutting-edge games. I''m old, poor, and if a game demands too much of me, the game loses. With an external drive, it can play my music, video's, and browse the internet. It's Win 10, and needs little maintenance. Browser based apps will be what it runs.

No VR? I'm sorry. No big graphics card for MS Flight Sim 2020? Still sorry. The games don't drive my life. Elite (in it's present form) may be the last game I buy hardware specifically for. Tablets and consoles may also drive big game requirements. They can't freeze everyone out.

I'll be happy on my laptop for a long time. It can run the base game. I can still fly.
You carry enough clout with a lot of the original gangsters / old guard we'd likely crowdfund you a gtx10 series card.

To me it looks like a room with nobody in it to do anything 😉
That's because they are all working from home due to COVID....

Base building is officially confirmed as NOT even on the Elite roadmap. Which is the strongest confirmation of anything ever lol.

There won't be base building.
A bit like VR than :-(

The clouds are up to their old tricks again are they? Thanks for the heads up, I’m going to nip outside and have a shout at them.
08bef13af4533438d6ba233f2cd2c51ebf998f49_00.gif

Those orbs in the back could be jurassic park egg hatchers... so the only question would be what genre is the game in. With space legs frontier could be branching out.

Also it looks like concept art, but could that be a new art style they're experimenting with?

While there's definitely alot of room left for a jwe 2, the picture also shows a building interior, which would imply something else entirely. Its either story based or fps... which are both outside of frontiers experience...

yb5qIB8.jpg

They just posted this on Twitter. :unsure: See the little dino, next step on the roadmap fullfilled. JWE2 will probably be announced now for 2021. Remember Planet Coaster 2 is next after this, probably announced after console edition is released.
So is no-one going to comment on the computer being from the 1980's with a 5 1/4 inch floppy disk drive and a CRT monitor?

Also, I find it odd how they've drawn the pallet truck and the pallet.
I'm experienced with pallet trucks, and no-one would leave a pallet truck like that .... so drawing it like that is very very deliberate.
It's also impossible to get it into that position.

I'm experienced with pallet trucks, and no-one would leave a pallet truck like that .... so drawing it like that is very very deliberate.

Sometimes, artists have never used a palette truck, nor researched into how they work - only looked at them.

That's... probably what's happened here.

Not with European standard ones- the square British ones you possibly could going from memory.
No, my point was that the pallet truck is in the pallet diagonally, and thus, won't move at all. Then it's up against some steps and can't be inserted into the pallet (diagonally) from that position, it would have to have been moved into that position, which it couldn't do, because it's inserted into the pallet incorrectly.

And no, I'm not a pallet truck nerd, I'm just experienced at using one.
I just had a very solid flash back to Monty Python and the holy grail swallows discussion.
Only with South African pallet trucks :p It's all to do with the dorsal guiding wheels .....

No, my point was that the pallet truck is in the pallet diagonally, and thus, won't move at all. Then it's up against some steps and can't be inserted into the pallet (diagonally) from that position, it would have to have been moved into that position, which it couldn't do, because it's inserted into the pallet incorrectly.

And no, I'm not a pallet truck nerd, I'm just experienced at using one.

In my time as a storekeeper in a space poor hospital pharmacy with bulk fluids- its possible, or at least to nudge round corners with a partial insertion (at least the pump variety). British square pallets are (or were) quite thin and broad and allowed more 'play'.

Its also got to say something when there is more discussion over the misuse of a pallet truck than what the image is about.

Back
Top Bottom