Roadmap leaked??

I'm assuming that if I don't buy "space legs" (because, why?) then I'll be immune from ship boarding/stealing? And how would that work with "immersion"?

I'm assuming that if I don't buy "space legs" (because, why?) then I'll be immune from ship boarding/stealing? And how would that work with "immersion"?
Thats assuming space legs includes boarding human ships? might just be ground buildings, stations or thargoid ships

The thing is with Thargoids is that if you're going to develop the storyline further then you probably need to have access to their bases on ammonia worlds. At the very least that would mean having atmospheric landings of some description. Anything more advanced than that and you're probably going to need spacelegs to walk around said bases, especially if they're going to introduce actual Thargoids.

I did once say tongue in cheek that spacelegs and atmospheric planets would both come at the same time.....I still might be right (for once!)

The thing is with Thargoids is that if you're going to develop the storyline further then you probably need to have access to their bases on ammonia worlds. At the very least that would mean having atmospheric landings of some description. Anything more advanced than that and you're probably going to need spacelegs to walk around said bases, especially if they're going to introduce actual Thargoids.

I did once say tongue in cheek that spacelegs and atmospheric planets would both come at the same time.....I still might be right (for once!)
You may very well be right. I could see atmospheric planets as being a buy them as they become available sort of thing and space legs could be a massive expansion.

It could be they want to develop space legs as they have realised there is only so much you can do on a planet when you are stuck to the pilots seat. They may add atmospheric planets, but if they don't add any other meaningful gameplay then what we already have on non-atmospherics, there is little point.

That doesn't neccesarily break immersion. Is it realistic, nope. Will it break immersion, that is down to the individual. Probably won't break mine as I have no wish to board another commanders ship unless I am invited.

I don’t know what people are complaining about. Despite planets being the headline feature, horizons had far more space based content.

The next expansion will probably follow a similar pattern

Honestly, some kind of pseudo-tech answer seems likely. You don't have access to the monopolised tech that allows for multi-cmdr life support. You don't have the off-grid hacking tech to gain entry. Some handwavium like that ;)
Sounds good to me, I likes a good bit of technobabble handwavium. How about the good old traditional gamey way of showing it, with red lights on the no-no doors?

My personal choice would be an “Out of Order” sign on a bit of string, at a slightly jaunty angle.

I also think that Atmospheric Landings and Walking Around will come together.

Stealing player ships will never be a thing. The levels of salt would surely be too high?
We might not be able to steal other commanders ships but I can totally see us getting missions to steal some NPC ship and bring it to some location.
Perhaps even have this as a way to get yourself a new shiny ship - though you sure as heck would need to make the effort proportional to the reward.

We might not be able to steal other commanders ships but I can totally see us getting missions to steal some NPC ship and bring it to some location.
Perhaps even have this as a way to get yourself a new shiny ship - though you sure as heck would need to make the effort proportional to the reward.

I know for 100% fact I speak on behalf of everyone ever....

The only mission of this type is to steal an anaconda from hutton orbital

I'm pretty sure some parts of Space Legs will need to be available to everyone. They could make space station/planet exploration the big selling point, and the ship exploration/interaction the taste that pushes current players to purchase the Space Legs update.

I'm pretty sure some parts of Space Legs will need to be available to everyone. They could make space station/planet exploration the big selling point, and the ship exploration/interaction the taste that pushes current players to purchase the Space Legs update.
Speaking personally, the latter is mildly (very mildly) interesting to me (for a bit) but the former is the thing I have zero interest in. I actually bought a house round the corner from where I work so I would have less commute in real life, I have no desire to play walking to work as well.

Speaking personally, the latter is mildly (very mildly) interesting to me (for a bit) but the former is the thing I have zero interest in. I actually bought a house round the corner from where I work so I would have less commute in real life, I have no desire to play walking to work as well.

It's irrelevant if people want Space Legs or not. It's a feature promised since the Kickstarter campaign, so it will arrive at one point or another. If Frontier decided it needs to be done before anything else, I'm sure they had a good reason and they didn't just toss a coin on this.

I would personally love to fly through the clouds of a gas giant, but at the same time I recognize that Space Legs can unlock a lot more gameplay options and supply the Frontier store with a better flow of cash.

Top Bottom