Roccat Power Grid

Wait... They revived Power Grid?!?

Download PC server from here:

Register here:

Install phone app from here:

My Grid:

Roccat_Power-Grid.jpg

Do it quick before they mess up registration again.
I have no Idea why the main program needs registration
before you can install it. That's what kept me from using
it back in January when I first heard of it. I couldn't create
an account.

Have fun..

Edit to add:
IF YOU ARE HAVING TROUBLE CONNECTING YOUR PHONE WITH THE PC SERVER PROGRAM
YOU MIGHT HAVE TO ADD A RULE IN THE WINDOWS FIREWALL (ALLOW INBOUND TCP+UDP in PRIVATE PROFILE)

2021-02-18 10_41_51-Greenshot.jpg

Last edited:
For my post above, a small update. I think I'll need to root my phone to hide the navigation bar. Has anyone else had this issue and/or has anyone else rooted their android device please?

No option to hide Nav bar from Roccat app but I found this:

My phone doesn't support the rolling gear System UI Tuner
thingy so I couldn't test it.

The GMD app in the article doesn't mention requiring Root.
The Play description does say some ADB tooling over USB
is needed but nothing else. Give it a shot and let us know if it works.

X.

No option to hide Nav bar from Roccat app but I found this:

My phone doesn't support the rolling gear System UI Tuner
thingy so I couldn't test it.

The GMD app in the article doesn't mention requiring Root.
The Play description does say some ADB tooling over USB
Thanks a lot! Really appreciate your suggestions! I've been looking into it for 3 days tbh. Yeah, I'd enabled Android dev tools and usb debugging. On the PC, had installed ADB 1.3 and ran a powershell command to allow me to hide the nav panel and have gesture controls. It mostly works but for ROCCAT, when the black nav bar is hidden, there's always a blue space there instead.

X.
Thanks for this suggestion too. It was only 89p so it hasn't broken the bank lol. I enabled this using the powershell command but this unfortunately leaves the blue space as well.:
./adb shell pm grant com.rascarlo.granular.immersive.mode android.permission.WRITE_SECURE_SETTINGS

The main difference with this and the previous gesture control, was there's no gesture button (or pill, whatever they call it) with this app.

I'm thinking a root might be the only option... if that even works lol

Yea there's always something. Sad that in 2019 we still have to dork around with stupid things like this.
I thought by now machines would be serving us but no, it's the other way around. Unfortunately.

Dystopia, here we come...

X.
Hey,

Sorry it's been a few weeks. I thought I'd replied but just realised I hadn't updated!

So in the end, I downloaded a custom rom from xda developers with android 9.0 (called carbon). Using that allows me to hide the nav bar and it's all sorted now 😁.

If anyone else has that problem with an android, you'll need a stock version installed. By doing that, you won't be able to use Google apps but there are two options:
1) Either register your phone with Google - you will need your phone rooted for this.
2) Or, like I did, download any apps from another phone, copy them to Google drive, plug your old phone for roccat into the pc, transfer the app apk files from Google drive and put them in the intended phone via Windows explorer. Install them and you're done!

It's easier than it might sound. o7

Ok sorry don't have the grid anymore, but here is a link to the assets I still have

And there is an RPGP file in there, try importing it and see if it's intact!

Hope they help o7

Last edited:
Guys, I'm having major problems getting my power grid to work..
works fine in a notepad out of game but will not in game?
I've tried remapping the simplest of keys (lights on and off with "L") but it just won't work.

any ideas? - or alternatives?

thanks in advance.

Guys, I'm having major problems getting my power grid to work..
works fine in a notepad out of game but will not in game?
I've tried remapping the simplest of keys (lights on and off with "L") but it just won't work.

any ideas? - or alternatives?

thanks in advance.

Try running it as administrator?

There are some alternatives to Roccat, they're not as polished, but still work. On my Android phone I have:
Panels
LEA
Deckboard
Macro Deck

I am sure if you search for them, you'll find them. As with Roccat they all require companion programs on the PC in order to connect.

Also ... apparently, Streamdeck do a smartphone/tablet app ... I don't know if you have to pay for it, if it's free, how good it is etc. I remember someone mentioning it on their stream.
(looking at reviews for it on Google Play, it's not that good)

For those of you who thought that Power Grid had been 'demised' - here's the PC component (the Android app is still available):

For those wanting a starting point, here's a two panel grid I knocked up a while back - just please be aware I use non-standard key bindings... but my zip file contains a detailed list.

JTIYqOH.png

Here's the link to the file.

To be completely candid, I've just got a new PC and haven't reinstalled PG yet - I'm using VoiceAttack as much as I can.

Last edited:
Top Bottom