ANNOUNCEMENT Secrets of Dr. Wu Coming 20 November!

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Ok thank you for the reply Paul, will the story explain why he chose the dinosaurs he did to hybridise? Because to me the Ankylodocus seems irrelevant, since Saltosaurus is an armoured sauropod and the jury is out on wether it had a clubbed tail or not. It just seems like he wasted his talent and scientific funding/ time to produce an animal that lived naturally any way... I mean he could of just brought a Saltosaurus back and boom... it’s done no need for the time spent making Ankylodocus :)

Don’t get me wrong I like them all, I’m not saying I don’t like any of them, i just feel like Dr. Wu wasted his time with that particular hybrid and hopefully the story will explain why?

Also will we get the Dino file type videos per day for each Dino in the dlc up until release?

You have to remember that in the pursuit of science Dr. Wu is liekly focused on what he CAN do rather than necessarily what he SHOULD do. He's pushing the boundaries of scientific experimentation rather than solely providing new attractions for a park. The narrative will serve to give a purpose for focusing on these experiments.

In terms of dino videos, watch this space ;)

You have to remember that in the pursuit of science Dr. Wu is liekly focused on what he CAN do rather than necessarily what he SHOULD do. He's pushing the boundaries of scientific experimentation rather than solely providing new attractions for a park. The narrative will serve to give a purpose for focusing on these experiments.

In terms of dino videos, watch this space ;)

Ok super thanks for the replies :) it’s exciting only 11 days away haha :)

The idea of unlocking new areas on our islands is great. Also love new dinos and hybdris ( Stegoceratops is so cute T_T ). But what about the price for other regions ( RU / CIS )? Am I blind and missed something?

My interesst in this DLC is quite low. Even though i would like to have upgrades like Incubation Speed increase or Speed Increase for the transport team, this just isn't enough for me to purchase this DLC. I never bothered with any hybrids (and I will presumably never understand why the JP franchise developed in that direction), so I just don't care about the new hybrids.
I also don't get the camouflage genome. This was already a huge plot hole in the movie. What do you want to present your guests with a Dino that has such a good camouflage abillity? An Empty enclousure?

I don't know how big the improvements on the Dino AI will be in the upcoming Upgrade, but right now, every Dino just seems like a model swap of another one. Except for the enviremental needs, there is no difference between having a Triceratops or a Styracosaurs in your enclosure. All the Dinos feel and behave the same way. So right now, I don't see any reason for new Dinosaurs when the only difference will be the looks of them.
And because the only differnce are the enviremental needs, the abillity to adjust those needs will make the differences even more mundane.

So we have to get muerta to 4 stars? Well guess im not getting the dlc as my muerta sucks

Course, if you unlocked dinos past Muerta you can always go back and boost your dino rating with them. Plus, what you learned about customer needs in those islands, you can take that back too. (My Muerta is also in need of an upgrade btw).

Interesting expansion and much more imaginative than a set of new species. I'm really glad to hear natural adds to herding and behaviours but also looking to wielding genetic manipulation, the most awesome power known to man, like a kid who found his father's gun. What could possibly go wrong!

Last edited:
I am slightly confused which content is paid and which is free, especially the gene modifications for comfort, will it be included in the free 1.5 patch? or in the Dr. Wu DLC? :)

more hybrids?

will we be getting more hybrids in the game like carnoraptor or not and if we are will they be part of another paid dlc or will they be part of a free content update plz give me an answer as soon as possible thank you :D

Interesting to see how this dlc content does, as Frontier also seem to be taking the same approach to Elite Dangerous as well.

I'm glad that the call for sociable Rexes was addressed through a genetic modification and not through a change to the base dinosaur. I actually like my lone-wolf alpha predator Rexes who don't tolerate competition. I would be very disappointed if this game's Rexes were turned into the dime-a-dozen beta predators that you see in certain other franchises.

It will also be nice to be able to apply the gene to other dinos who are thought to be pack hunters such as Allosaurus and Giganotosaurus.

Ugh... that Ankylodocus is beyond ugly... its face looks like a blobfish... and it barely looks part Ankylosaurus. Why is it covered in spikes? Shouldn't it have scutes? ...the other two hybrids look nice though.

Frontier when I said you needed to be showing off the new stuff I didn’t mean just screenshots, I meant some videos like the ones that where available prior to the release of the game... I know they take a lot of time to create videos but I still think they’d be better than screenshots....

So... the whole core of the DLC are Dr. Wu's monsters? :(

Please, will Troodon and Olorotitan be made available to purchase as separate? I'm sorry to say but won't pay 15$ for a DLC such as this. First time my hype was blowed up and breaks my heart...

Agreed. I wish they will have separate packs that group together things people like later down the line. Please don’t cross off from your list just yet, it may be a very good pack. I suggest you to wait for reviews.

By the way, I will take a week off from the Forum to play with Dr.Wu. Hopefully, I’ll have goods words for him when I come back.

Top Bottom