Seems Very Quiet Around Here

The thread I link to has dozens of people saying, "I see this too!" posts. Check it out, and then you can cheerfully say, "I HAVE heard of it happening to someone else!"

And no, it's not my hardware 🤦
It clearly only becomes an issue/bug when you give it a name related to Elephant's butts

It's not that surprising really if it feels quiet. No new content until end of Q2 2020.

I'm sure many like me have taken a break, I've got a boatload of other games to play in the meantime, RDR2, The Witcher 3, Destiny 2 etc... so I'll come back when there is something new to see and when they've hopefully fixed some of the bugs.

Until then I will haunt these forums like a salty ghost... 🧂 👻

It clearly only becomes an issue/bug when you give it a name related to Elephant's butts
Well, I suppose one could compare it to twerking!

iu

Did somebody say it was quiet?

Too quiet perhaps?

Boom!

But how can this be? The experts, those with 3,000 years programing experience that rejected working for all the major gaming companies (and the NSA because they are THAT GOOD) have stated unequivocally that this game is in [drumroll please] MAINTENANCE MODE that therefore nothing is being done to it. No patches, no enhancements, the only ones working on the game are a couple of work experience kids doing the paint jobs and Doris the Tea Lady.

Surely all these experts can't be wrong ...... :)

But how can this be? The experts, those with 3,000 years programing experience that rejected working for all the major gaming companies (and the NSA because they are THAT GOOD) have stated unequivocally that this game is in [drumroll please] MAINTENANCE MODE that therefore nothing is being done to it. No patches, no enhancements, the only ones working on the game are a couple of work experience kids doing the paint jobs and Doris the Tea Lady.

Surely all these experts can't be wrong ...... :)

I thought this thread (ie the OP's post) was just about community forum activity?

Educate yourself :

It sure is unfortunate that there are people; Particularly on Twitter, who have no filter. Likewise, it's just people on the internet. If someone has thin skin when it comes to reading things on the internet, they should probably make a point to avoid social media all together. Regardless, the implication I'm getting from this article is that it's us, the paying customers who complain, that are at fault here. How dare we have voices and opinions. Clearly we need our technocratic overlords to put us in our place and stop us from voicing opinions. Lest someone else take something they read on the internet too seriously and end up with hurt feelings. :cautious:

It sure is unfortunate that there are people; Particularly on Twitter, who have no filter. Likewise, it's just people on the internet. If someone has thin skin when it comes to reading things on the internet, they should probably make a point to avoid social media all together. Regardless, the implication I'm getting from this article is that it's us, the paying customers who complain, that are at fault here. How dare we have voices and opinions. Clearly we need our technocratic overlords to put us in our place and stop us from voicing opinions. Lest someone else take something they read on the internet too seriously and end up with hurt feelings. :cautious:
So abuse and death threats are okay, as long as it's online? Have I slipped and fallen into a parallel universe here? 😮

So FD made a huge profit this year by selling a game that is not a game! Now that is remarkable! Or someone's just talking biowaste... 🤔

But if you read it as 'not enough game' rather than 'not any game at all' (which is clearly not the case) it's subjective & fair comment.

Clearly abuse and death threats are not okay, but justified criticism and subjective opinion of the product is. I suspect you know this.
Could be I did not understand the post, probably because it was not clear on what was okay and what was not (the writing in some posts can be pretty poor, so it can sometimes be hard to understand exactly what some posters are trying to say). But I am glad to hear the poster was not saying that online abuse and death threats were okay!

So abuse and death threats are okay, as long as it's online? Have I slipped and fallen into a parallel universe here? 😮

Death threats are something that can be considered an actual crime, at least in most places. Problem is, our modern "social media culture" likes to do nothing but make sweeping generalizations such as the one you did. No, it goes without saying that death threats are not okay. But it should also go without saying that taking away everyone's ability to voice concerns and complaints because you read something bad on Twitter, is not okay. Nor is it a valid excuse for a product being subpar. Why do companies need a social media presence anyways? Anyone with any amount of common sense will know that no company is your friend and there are surely better (and safer) ways to advertise.

Death threats are something that can be considered an actual crime, at least in most places. Problem is, our modern "social media culture" likes to do nothing but make sweeping generalizations such as the one you did. No, it goes without saying that death threats are not okay. But it should also go without saying that taking away everyone's ability to voice concerns and complaints because you read something bad on Twitter, is not okay. Nor is it a valid excuse for a product being subpar. Why do companies need a social media presence anyways? Anyone with any amount of common sense will know that no company is your friend and there are surely better (and safer) ways to advertise.
Companies have a social media presence because social media is very powerful, mainly because many people are under-educated and cannot separate fact from fiction. I can give you plenty of examples if you want.

Top Bottom