Patch Notes September Update - Downtime and Patch Notes

Exploration
  • Fixed an issue where the blue scan visual effect can appear on a nearby planet that you're not trying to scan
  • Fixed an issue where players couldn't scroll through the right-hand side panel when selling Exploration Data

Thank you! Thanks A LOT for fixing these issues!

But what happened to the thursday updates? Now you update the game on Wednesday?

Worked about 30 years is enterprise architecture. Never in an entertainment arena tho. DOD, DOE, NASA, congressional plus-ups, joint operations, etc.

Anything more than a few second interruption, that was planned almost always had a hardware component.

9hrs is eternities upon eons of eternities in the truly Enterprise space.

We “moved” a mission caliber data center across the country in under a minute...in 1999 and a majority of that time was BGP route announcement propagation.

Last edited:
Worked about 30 years is enterprise architecture. Never in an entertainment arena tho. DOD, DOE, NASA, congressional plus-ups, joint operations, etc.

Anything more than a few second interruption, that was planned almost always had a hardware component.

ED is a game....

"Regarding mine launchers, long ships were being hit and damaged by their own exploding mines? Doesn't anyone dumb enough to fit mine launchers to the front of their ship deserve to die of stupidity? What navy builds mine-layers that drop mines under their own ship? Keel-hauling your own mines . . . bad!

Is this why mine launcher now have a 5 sec delay? My god, can people be more stupid?
First time I ever used mine launchers was in a Type-7, so I didn't realyze this and mounted in the front hardpoints.
After the first trial I've seen the mistake and corrected by moving the two launchers to the top and bottom hard points. If a player can't see this simple thing, shouldn't be playing ED at all!!!

After the first trial I've seen the mistake and corrected by moving the two launchers to the top and bottom hard points. If a player can't see this simple thing, shouldn't be playing ED at all!!!
never ever look at the issue tracker - you'll get a view of the real types who play the game .... they may not reach your bar for competence ;)

Hmmm... might try looking for some HGE's tomorrow. I have some rail guns need engineering that I haven't bothered with.
Still hoping that planetary gathering will improve to be fun.
Or material traders give better exchange rates.
One day maybe...

So the AI issues, Wing Mining, BGS, etc have not been addressed?....
Time to take a break! Good Luck FDev, it has so much potential but you keep missing the boat

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this why mine launcher now have a 5 sec delay? My god, can people be more stupid?
First time I ever used mine launchers was in a Type-7, so I didn't realyze this and mounted in the front hardpoints.

You know, FD could have designed Mine Layers to point backwards, and away from the ship, and had them be launched in that direction on deployment.

This would have pushed them away from the body of the ship no matter the hardpoint.

They seem to face forwards, which seems... odd to me.

You know, FD could have designed Mine Layers to point backwards, and away from the ship, and had them be launched in that direction on deployment.

This would have pushed them away from the body of the ship no matter the hardpoint.

I guess you want to lay mines close to where the ship is so that a pursuer hits them as they follow 🤔 firing them off away from the ship kinda negates the purpose doesn't it? Or else you have to fly at an angle - I am no mine layer 🤷‍♀️

It's a valid point, but I'm still surpised some players didn't figured out the mine trajectory when launched.
I had mines in the med hardpoints of a Python and small hardpoints of a Conda.
Actually stopped to use them before this change to 5 sec delay, but they were ok against AI, as far as I can remember.

We “moved” a mission caliber data center across the country in under a minute...in 1999 and a majority of that time was BGP route announcement propagation.

I guess you had some funding other than digital cosmetic items?

Gee, we're lucky its FREE then!

Offtop ... just not sure how to google...
Found a binary star yday, 1 star has 3 names on it of "1st discovery" and another 1 has that same 3 + new one 4th.
How is it possible? >:

Top Bottom