Patch Notes September Update - Downtime and Patch Notes

Is that a sort-of-fix for the geological signals taking far too long to resolve? (This issue, currently the second most voted.) Log them in the journal, so that third-party tools can alert the player once the scan is finished in the background?
Nope - I imagine it's to help the people trying to record those sites - at the moment they gave to get people to go composition scan each site - and with 50 Geo on a planet no sensible person will do that. Looks like scan times remain high.

If I am in open play doing powerplay and BGS, I can just block everyone from that faction and effectively play solo but in open.
Its abuse-able weather you think so or not, a block should be the social side NOT a way to avoid death in an online game.

and if they are useing a exploit that what the report function does.

You think this is abusable, but it is an approved option, just like exit to menu is an approved gameplay, despite what some players think about that.

So.. Still no fix for Enforcer Cannon Synthesis and SLF'S haven't actually been fixed.

Just having a SLF deployed causes lag, spamming commands just made it worse!!

Don't sweep the problem under the carpet FIX IT or REMOVE IT!

Looks like we'll be waiting a bit longer for fixes to thargoids. :alien::alien::alien:

Oh well, at least we're getting some bug fixes to go with the shiny new store.

I've frequently been in groups of 12 or more
I agree, can't say I have had much of an instancing issue with loads of players. There must have been 30+ enemy pilots waiting for us on the Bentos Balls run in one system alone, before a 'collective noun' of truckers pilled in.

Greetings Commanders,

• Fixed edge cases where players were being placed in the same instance as players they had blocked

C'mon WIll (and Frontier) Really? If anything.. the only thing blocking should apply to is comms if players are verbally harassing other players. How are Pvp'ers and those of us who play in Open mode in Powerplay supposed to find haulers or UM'ers or anyone to try and stop them if they decide all they have to do is "block" people to prevent instancing?

Its an abuse of the feature if people decide to use it in this manner (and they have, trust me).

Last edited:
C'mon WIll (and Frontier) Really? If anything.. the only thing blocking should apply to is comms if players are verbally harassing other players. How are Pvp'ers and those of us who play in Open mode in Powerplay supposed to find haulers or UM'ers or anyone to try and stop them if they decide all they have to do is "block" people to prevent instancing?

Its an abuse of the feature if people decide to use it in this manner (and they have, trust me).

So what about the alternative, have given that a thought? Those playing in Solo or Private group! So you are going to force players to avoid you with any available and APPROVED options in game.

You are sure making a goog point about why Open have a bad reputation...

So what about the alternative, have given that a thought? Those playing in Solo or Private group! So you are going to force players to avoid you with any available and APPROVED options in game.

You are sure making a goog point about why Open have a bad reputation...
Powerplay is about consensual pvp. If you are doing powerplay you shouldn't be trying to avoid anyone via blocking/solo/private/instancing.

You are sure making a "goog" point about why Solo players have a bad reputation.

• Supercruise 'Safe to Disengage' message has been updated to include the binding that will disengage Supercruise
All great apart from this which, if it can't be turned off is a BAD thing. Please for the love of god (and for the sake of experienced users who have ALL the controls in muscle memory) can we have an option to turn off all these immersion breaking "Press <Joystick-1> + <Joystick-5>" to do XYZ messages.

Top Bottom