ANNOUNCEMENT September Update out now!

Be sure to have VerboseLogging="1" added in the Network section of the appconfig.xml
It gets overwritten (deleted) with every update. I always replace the appconfig and graphicsconfiguration files after a patch. (I got some custom graphics settings)

Really? How quaint. Thanks again Fdev.

You map a planet, and EDDI and EDSM report no credits, sound like they've changed something
Which exact version of EDDI please? If you could please zip your EDDI data folder %APPDATA%\EDDI and your game journal folder %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous and keep them handy it would help any future investigations.

Be sure to have VerboseLogging="1" added in the Network section of the appconfig.xml
It gets overwritten (deleted) with every update. I always replace the appconfig and graphicsconfiguration files after a patch. (I got some custom graphics settings)
Correct. The original file had a network section that was empty.

"Black adder error" + disconnect after 3 or 4 mn of mining ... 7 times in a row \o/

Having the same issue . Black adder error when mining and then a disconnect. Happened times 2. Also with each new log on it turns my orbit lines on and selects economical route in the galmap.

I put my input in the issue tracker. I got through the launcher not working but somebody mentioned stored engineered modules disappearing. I can verify that. I don't sell engineered modules. All my A rated FSDs are moded for Mass Management. They don't now. I'm sure they'll fix this, I hope ... I like my engineered modules :-(

GL HF

Why not here, everyone is here listening to everything right now, this is the hotest forum page going.

Mods are merging active issue threads in to this one, but if I was a dev fixing bugs I would be looking at the issue tracker system (as items are more detailed and are confirmed by other players, validated, etc) and probably not spend time reading every single post in here.

At the very least, you should do both - or at least confirm any bugs or errors on the tracker if it's already on there. https://issues.frontierstore.net/

Last edited:
Mods are merging active issue threads in to this one, but if I was a dev fixing bugs I would be looking at the issue tracker system, as items are more detailed and are confirmed by other players, validated, etc) and not every single post in here.
If I was a dev with this mess I would revert to yesterday and fix this lump of poopoo before trying again.

And meanwhile at Fdev

I think at the very least they should invite around a hundred of us off the forum to beta test the next release on private servers and under strict NDA. You can test all you like in-house, but you won't cover every combination of hardware, storage contents, ship builds, commander history, third party apps, etc, etc, etc. It will still go wrong on the night but it will be less of a cluster-flip.

Some of these bugs probably have a common source. For example it smells to me like the database format changed a little and some code wasn't updated to cope with it. So one fix could do away with several symptoms; it is probably not as bad as it looks. It's still pretty bad though.

I would recommend they publish a debrief document detailed exactly what went wrong. That might go against the grain but I think it would mollify most people when they see that all of the issues were down to three or four factors, several of which they had no direct control over. Such as the Merchant Account being flakey or something.

Well, after all the forum hysteria I figured I'd live a little dangerously and give it a go.

Update downloaded in less than five minutes, game launched without problem, no server issues, and everything working as expected. Granted I haven't done much - made a few jumps, scanned a few planets, mapped one terraformable waterworld. All good.

Quite like the change to the speed indicator, and the animation is barely noticeable. Codex working as previously, ditto HoloMe. Didn't try the new store system - will give that a try tomorrow.

Not disputing anyone else's experience, but my mileage did indeed vary.

Well Soron, nicely presented as usual. Still, just how did this go live? How?

Guess I am not going to be welcome at HQ whenever I am on their side of the pond.

Well, after all the forum hysteria I figured I'd live a little dangerously and give it a go.

Update downloaded in less than five minutes, game launched without problem, no server issues, and everything working as expected. Granted I haven't done much - made a few jumps, scanned a few planets, mapped one terraformable waterworld. All good.

Quite like the change to the speed indicator, and the animation is barely noticeable. Codex working as previously, ditto HoloMe. Didn't try the new store system - will give that a try tomorrow.

Not disputing anyone else's experience, but my mileage did indeed vary.

Well, I had the same start then pulled back into the dock and noticed the storage "glitch". I am not going to risk any more unexpected account adjustments until they some how, some way, get it sorted out.

Hello everyone,

Just a quick update for you: we have now brought the store and livery back online. Some Game Extras (on all platforms) and ARX (on PC) may not yet be available for purchase in the Store, affected items will be rolling out in the coming days.

We'll keep you updated if there are any further developments.

Thanks for your continued patience!

Wow it's too late, I thought you were sleeping, thanks!

Hello everyone,

Just a quick update for you: we have now brought the store and livery back online. Some Game Extras (on all platforms) and ARX (on PC) may not yet be available for purchase in the Store, affected items will be rolling out in the coming days.

We'll keep you updated if there are any further developments.

Thanks for your continued patience!
I hope you get some sleep after working the late shift Will. o7

Top Bottom