Patch Notes September Update - Patch 3

That screen tearing issue happens in all modes. Not just 4k quality mode. Hope the fix applies across the board.
Yay, screen tearing be gone!
If this works, then next patch can we get the fix in 1080p mode as well?
... or it's time to go shopping for that 4k tv... :)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Though, Fdev, ya'll were aware that this happened in all modes, right? R.. right...?

No, FDev, you haven't fixed the mission board. You've fixed AN issue with the mission board but the softlock still occurs when you select a faction then scroll that faction out of sight and try to select a mission.

And in the Power Contact srceen I can't select anything with the mouse except 'Back.' Using the joystick to select things works just not the mouse.

No, FDev, you haven't fixed the mission board. You've fixed AN issue with the mission board but the softlock still occurs when you select a faction then scroll that faction out of sight and try to select a mission.

And in the Power Contact srceen I can't select anything with the mouse except 'Back.' Using the joystick to select things works just not the mouse.

If joystick was disconnected during startup for any reason you can get default keybings for everything loaded, including boards. Restart fixes.

If joystick was disconnected during startup for any reason you can get default keybings for everything loaded, including boards. Restart fixes.
Nothing has been disconnected at all. Fortunately I saved my bindings prior to the original upgrade but as the only reason I was in the Power Contact screen was to claim my weekly payment from the Blue Bimbo I'll have to wait another week to see if that was the cause.

I've got an 800x600, upscaling to 1024x768. I don't use it (screen effect) and the wife is not too happy about the cables...
I was lucky enough to find a model with virtually no detectable rainbowing. You can reduce it even more by having a permanent wall you use for it painted in an off-white shade, rather than a glossy roll-out screen.

A small thing, when I have the language set to default then the Store is in French.
After setting the language to English everything is ok.
Oh and the Clipper shipkit isn't back yet.

One other thing I noticed is that I'm much more getting interdicted when running passenger bulk missions, I realy like that.
Also the mission warning regarding a possible interdiction comes much earlier now, not when I'm about to enter the destination station which was far to late.

After a quick check - scrolling all missions down to the bottom with holding key and all available missions - I can't confirm this. Have you tried to restart? Helps sometimes right after an update.
I've shut everything down including the launcher and restarted it. Still happening. Not so much a softlock as I can use the joystick to back out of the mission board but still unable to select a mission when the mission-giving faction has been scrolled out of sight.

I know, I know... just don't scroll the mission-giving faction out of sight. ;)

That is fine.
Am I missing something here?
I mean, why would you think I am joking?
Because basically every communication from fdev, and every livestream, for the last year+ has mentioned the 2020 update. Not sure where you've been to miss it.

The Next Era

Back in August, we mentioned that the team had begun work on the next major era of Elite. We believe this will be a defining moment in the history of the game and it will be our biggest update yet.

In that post, we explained that the content was still very early in development, so we won’t be ready to announce it for a while. To give this more context, in order to realise the ambition for this update, and the size and scope of the content we wish to bring to the Elite Dangerous galaxy, we estimate this major milestone will be ready by the latter half of 2020.

Hey CMDR's, Just a little surprised here that there are only a few likes on Will OP above. Surely it could do with a few more. Well I'm not that clever it seems 'cos there's knocking on 100 likes (I didn't recognise the "90+ others" bit)
After-all, he's the one who is communicating .... might be good to send his OP here a few more nods of appreciation.... thoughts?

S!

Note: I'm not blind to the short-comings here with these updates but also firm of the thinking we need to be good to those doing their job!

I don't know man. In the current state of the game I can't really appreciate the fact that people are doing their job. I mean, I payed for a game and got miserable quality. Will doing his job doesn't make it worse but it surely doesn't make it better either. It's a neutral force being applied but changing nothing. With this in mind, he could very well not communicate and it wouldn't change the situation because it simply doesn't statisfy the community demands as written down in the open letter and signed by ~3k players.

What he communicates is what he is allowed to communicate, not what I am expecting. What he does is simply what he is supposed to do. I am not really appreciative of things that are supposed to happen. Anything over the top, yes but not for the normal every day work.

Top Bottom