Settlement Defence Plans

Main problem is there's simply too many trash data, thus diluting the pool of useful data.

Same goes with goods, every time I break into the large cabinet of a 2 storey CMD building, I'm greeted with building, ship & vehicle schematics instead of weapon & suit ones.
I don't get why Frontier are so vehement about this. It's a superb way to make sure players get frustrated. You do everything that you're supposed to do but in the end RNG is not in your favor and I'm sure a lot of people then think "great, another 20m wasted".

I don't get why Frontier are so vehement about this. It's a superb way to make sure players get frustrated. You do everything that you're supposed to do but in the end RNG is not in your favor and I'm sure a lot of people then think "great, another 20m wasted".
Ehh, some settlements are better than others. Maybe they want us to find them instead of just doing the same one over and over?

Because adding an extra line to the bar tender would cause the galaxy to collapse.
We needed an extra update just so we can sit at the bar!
You still can't order a stinking drink, but you can sit at the bar!

How much do you think do we need to be able to trade some data?
Sad grind noises

Main problem is there's simply too many trash data, thus diluting the pool of useful data.

Same goes with goods, every time I break into the large cabinet of a 2 storey CMD building, I'm greeted with building, ship & vehicle schematics instead of weapon & suit ones.

All that trash data, which I agree is ridiculous in volume, would go a long way at a Data trade.

I'm at the point that I think it is a feature already installed but it wasn't flipped on and at this point Fdev is doubling down on it.

I’m genuinely confused as to the point of “most things” in Odyssey. The ONLY stuff you can trade is Assets, so what is the point of the 95% of Goods and Data that isn’t useful for anything and can’t be traded … just to take up space? I mean, it can’t be to sell for credits ‘cause only an absolute moron would try and make money that way given the literally dozens of better options … :unsure:

At one level they probably serve the same purpose as stars you cannot travel to, planets you cannot land on, and the various walls, doors, lockers, crates, etc. that you cannot interact with. It adds some amount of realism and completeness to the game. If they didn't exist people would complain about the lack.

It probably also serves a purpose for future features. It is far easier to change the name of an existing item than it is to add in a new item. Rename an item; change its RNG frequency; put it in a mission and you have super rare weapon codes, secret recordings or whatever data a mission needs.

However, I too am completely frustrated by the SDPs. There seems no way to determine where to find them. I've found exactly one since EDO was released. It was a grind to find everything else but it was possible and there was a bit of sense to where to find it all. SDPs? Pffft!

I’m genuinely confused as to the point of “most things” in Odyssey. The ONLY stuff you can trade is Assets, so what is the point of the 95% of Goods and Data that isn’t useful for anything and can’t be traded … just to take up space? I mean, it can’t be to sell for credits ‘cause only an absolute moron would try and make money that way given the literally dozens of better options … :unsure:
That's less of an issue with those goods being useless and more of the rest of the game being horribly broken though. :p Would love to see the tidal wave of tears if they "fixed" that

I took a covert mission to grab the settlement defense plans. Failed the mission because I got spotted at the data port and the alarms were triggered but I did manage to download the plans and get out of there. Unfortunately, the defense turrets were still enabled and my ship was destroyed before I got the landing gear raised.

Now at the prison colony, insurance bought me an identical ship and I look in the storage... Settlement defense plans! Joy!

I took a covert mission to grab the settlement defense plans. Failed the mission because I got spotted at the data port and the alarms were triggered but I did manage to download the plans and get out of there. Unfortunately, the defense turrets were still enabled and my ship was destroyed before I got the landing gear raised.

Now at the prison colony, insurance bought me an identical ship and I look in the storage... Settlement defense plans! Joy!
Congratulations! Now repeat 14x. :LOL:

You seriously parked your ship in the gun range of the installation you were boosting? ED's version of COPS must be full of hilarious videos.

@George Fifthman already replied and I basically agree with him.

I assume they are there for "world building" and I appreciate that in principle. The problem is that they are part of the same drop table as data with actual gameplay value.

It would be great if each container had to separate RNG rolls, one for usefull stuff and an additional one for fluff. In that case I wouldn't mind downloading them for the peanuts they offer.

Lest it be forgotten.

The only thing that SDPs make available that is not available from another Engineer, is Headshot damage.

Avoid the grind and not bother with headshot damage, buy a weapon with it on (I keep finding the things every week) or go to Colonia.

Seemples.

Steve 07.

Apex the ship that can get shot out of the sky at no additional cost!

That's less of an issue with those goods being useless and more of the rest of the game being horribly broken though. :p Would love to see the tidal wave of tears if they "fixed" that
True … if FDEV added Bartender trading for Goods and Data then I’d be perfectly happy to get a few useful things via scavenging and trade for others.

Sure, it would take several missions to get enough low-level stuff to trade up (I’m looking at you, Weapon Components …) but that’d be okay - at least there would be a way to get it done if the RNG doesn’t favour you.

I think I’d even be okay if Weapon and Suit Schematics continued to be excluded from the trading (not sure what they qualify as - Goods?) so there would still be one thing for any upgrade that you HAVE to collect but at least you could trade for everything else. Though, frankly, I think the numbers are way off and no upgrade should require more than say 5 schematics at most.

You can get 5 suit schematics in one mission now. And those are team missions so 4 people could get 5 suit schematics in one mission. That'd be too easy.

Those things spawn everywhere once you unlock Kit... its a damn conspiracy i tell you!!!
I thought Zac may have actually stated that the spawn rate goes up when you don't need them (but it may just be as mission rewards) which is..frustrating...

Edit: I clearly misinterpreted this; statement retracted!

Last edited:
@George Fifthman already replied and I basically agree with him.

I assume they are there for "world building" and I appreciate that in principle. The problem is that they are part of the same drop table as data with actual gameplay value.

It would be great if each container had to separate RNG rolls, one for usefull stuff and an additional one for fluff. In that case I wouldn't mind downloading them for the peanuts they offer.
Some lockers only contain fluff and nothing useful. Learn which are worth looting and which never to waste time on.

It is probably easier to find a weapon with headshot damage than find a couple of SDPs.
Yesterday I found a G3 Zenith and today a G3 Eclipse with headshot damage. I believe both are currently unclaimed.

Steve.

I thought Zac may have actually stated that the spawn rate goes up when you don't need them (but it may just be as mission rewards) which is..frustrating...

No sane coder would put that line in a program.

Having read the linked post all Zac said was that SDP are useless after the unlock, which I have also said. It's a wonder we aren't nuked back into the stone age with misinformation spreading so easily today.

Top Bottom