Settlement Defence Plans

I thought Zac may have actually stated that the spawn rate goes up when you don't need them (but it may just be as mission rewards) which is..frustrating...

I think he's simply saying they have no other use.

No sane coder would put that line in a program.

Having read the linked post all Zac said was that SDP are useless after the unlock, which I have also said. It's a wonder we aren't nuked back into the stone age with misinformation spreading so easily today.
I mean sure but there are a lot of things in Elite that would qualify for things that "no sane coder" would do, in my mind.

But reading this again it looks pretty clear that I misinterpreted Zac's point, my bad. Thanks for making me take another look.

Financial Projections pop up when the faction is Bust. Extrapolating from that SDPs might be associated with the war pending state, though that would be hard to spot for those of us who don't do BGS stuff.

In my 6 weeks of playing Odyssey I found my first SDP in a security data port in a base that was shut down due to a pirate attack state. No idea how relevant that is, but I can only think reporting where these are found could be helpful.

Since the EDOMH app added the ability to read data ports, its been able to track drop rates. SEC ports are far more likely than any other type to have SDPs.

1668426192492.png

Mission POIs are probably still the most efficient source though, because of how quickly the data ports can be reset.

Mission POIs are probably still the most efficient source though, because of how quickly the data ports can be reset.
Indeed POI's are best option to get those SDP. It takes on average about 10-20 reloads to get single SDP from crashed skimmer, but its still much, much faster than find those randomly on settlements. While it might sounds like a lot, for about 20 reloads per single SDP, but in other hand, plently other usefull data will be yielded during process, such as MI, or WTD and others.

When I did crashed skimmer SDP farming, I ended up with like 50+ MI, and lot of others as well. In fact, this is probly best source for MI too, I think.

Indeed POI's are best option to get those SDP. It takes on average about 10-20 reloads to get single SDP from crashed skimmer, but its still much, much faster than find those randomly on settlements. While it might sounds like a lot, for about 20 reloads per single SDP, but in other hand, plently other usefull data will be yielded during process, such as MI, or WTD and others.

When I did crashed skimmer SDP farming, I ended up with like 50+ MI, and lot of others as well. In fact, this is probly best source for MI too, I think.
Crashed Beacons Threat 3 are the best for MIs, also a chance for power regs.

I'm swamped with SDPs, only started the foot grind little more than a week ago and have easily pulled over 100 so far.

Find a low-threat HORIZON "Liberate" mission. Liberate Liquor is an example, a ship mission requiring an SRV. Because it is a Horizon mission you won't see any foot spawns.

You may need to pick up several missions of this type to find one spawning the site you need. You are looking for the following scenario of 1 SRV and 2 Skimmer to spawn for your mission:

Both skimmers have a data port with decent chance of Settlement Defense Plans, Manufacturing Instructions, or Patrol Routes to come up. Relog until no more are needed.

(although if anyone has a good Manufacturing Instruction grind please drop me a direct. only need 225 of them)

I ended up just getting mine by finding missions where they were the target. I don't like abusing the relog feature so I wasn't gonna skimmer spam.

I have like 3 spares now, I wonder how much they'd go for at the FC.

I ended up just getting mine by finding missions where they were the target. I don't like abusing the relog feature so I wasn't gonna skimmer spam.

I have like 3 spares now, I wonder how much they'd go for at the FC.
220K max lol, but I know someone paid 1 billion for it.

Besides the CR economy being pointless already? Still wish I could charge 1B each on my carrier though.
I tried sell bundle packs of Opinion polls and SDP for like about 200m each a while ago, but never got sold any of it. Maybe because I had did very litte "advertise" at CG systems or hotspots, certainly not enough. Not like I cared much, more 4fun thing it was for myself, rather than a desperate attempt to get some PVP trade profits.
Also method of payment was bit too tricky, cuz it also required getting touch with me directly to get docking permit for my FC, and need of use T-9 or cutter. It was about buying from my FC certain amount of gold, so my FC would get that 200m profit, so then would be bar be opened after getting credits, for them to buy from it those materials.

So yeah, 1B for those things, not many would pay that much, even if they would be ultra-billionarez. Those things aint that rare, so kind of only real desperate cmdrs would actually buy for such price, cuz yep, getting 1B or single SDP instead... SDP will be much faster, than any fastest 1b earn method.
220K max lol, but I know someone paid 1 billion for it.
Indeed white crow of cmdr it was. I wish could find those crazy rich cmdrs, would be happly sell them all things they ever needed for "ulicking" engineers even for half of price per one.

Last edited:
I tried sell bundle packs of Opinion polls and SDP for like about 200m each a while ago, but never got sold any of it
If you use an app which automatically lists your Sell Orders on Inara, I think you'll find they will be sold within minutes.

If you use an app which automatically lists your Sell Orders on Inara, I think you'll find they will be sold within minutes.
For bar prices thats it. 220k not gonna cut it, also I dont really wanna use Inara, only in-game, for fun of it.

It saddens me (sort of) that people want to sell SDPs for huge amounts for a couple of reasons.

SDPs only get you headshot damage.
It is easier to go to Colonia for headshot damage.
You can always find a pre-engineered weapon.
In this Elite future, surely the problem of rampant robber baron capitalism would have been sorted.

Steve

or join one of the threads for sharing selling etc...

the thing many cmdrs don't get is credits are meaningless
if I were brand new and broke and knew nothing, that's different
that anyone even a 1 day old cmdr can make 1 bil credits in 1 day with very little effort.
credits have always been easy
it took fdev about 5-6 years to put a stop to being able to take mining missions from stations that sell the requested goods.
so even back in 2014 a cmdr could stay in one station and become a millionaire, buy and build his fav or preferred ship, then fly far far away from the danger area.

to spend 1 bil on 1 item is a bit much, but each cmdr to his/her own. it is pocket change.

fwiw if it means anything, the bubble is looong overdue for an economic equalization.
There is a strong possibility many questions are about to be answered that will change perspective and ability.
The Lore was written for reasons Beyond the apparent obvious.
fwfw, I think Horizons has many clues that have been missed and are not in Odyssey, the Rift is HUGE.
I am finding it fascinating that many of the titles fit so well at this time, previously were questionable.
reclamation ....

16 tries in and only one SDP found (on the first try!) plus some MIS. I have 6 days to complete this mission!
20th try and got a second SDP.
Stopped counting tries, got a third SDP.

Last edited:
Top Bottom